Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768886 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3300 on: December 15, 2007, 07:15:10 pm »
Louise clued me into this "100 Sexiest Stars" list from Empire Magazine. Frankly, I am not sure I agree with many of their rankings...Angelina Jolie at number 1? Please. But anyway, our man Heath comes in at number 79. Here's the link.

http://www.empireonline.com/100sexiest/default.asp?star=79

Jake is in there somewhere (I've already forgotten his number! LOL). Lower than Heath, in the 30s, I think. Hugh Jackman was number 15! (That made me happy). And Snavel, James McAvoy is on there somewhere (I've forgotten his number, too!).

I think the setup of the list is a pain in the neck, which is why I am forgetting the numbers so fast. Oh well, enjoy clicking through the photos, folks.

L

What!  No Paul Walker! Outrageous, I tell you! Also, the absence of Alain Delon is inexcusable. 

I mean they have Daniel Radcliffe for god's sake, and he's barely legal.  And Emma Watson, she's only 17!

I like how they threw in a few classic (dead) ones to make the list seem more valid or something:  James Dean, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, Rita Hayworth, Brigitte Bardot (I know, she's not dead).

That was fun though, thanks!  I love that Chris Evans, he's such a cutie

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3301 on: December 15, 2007, 07:54:37 pm »
Heath's 79, Jake's 31 and Anne is 18.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3302 on: December 15, 2007, 08:16:41 pm »
The report from the theater...

"It looks like a real action movie, Mom. There's lots of blowing up buildings and stuff. And the Joker's laugh is amazing...he sounds like a maniac. It looks like a really good movie." (Lance)

"Oh, the trailer was awesome...better than 'I am Legend.' It's going to be a freaking awesome movie. Did you see the Joker pictures on Yahoo this week?" (Tyler)

"I am not sure it's your type of movie, Mom, but I'll take you anyway. We can even drive to the IMAX theater in Massachusetts!" (Lance)

And there you have it...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3303 on: December 15, 2007, 08:17:43 pm »

And John Cusack is 70! LOL....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3304 on: December 15, 2007, 08:30:08 pm »

I think they brainstormed a hundred names then set then rankings pretty arbitrarily. I liked that Christian Bale got 13, though!

yb

« Reply #3305 on: December 15, 2007, 09:26:28 pm »
 :o I'm shocked that Heath made it to the list of '100 sexist stars', considering how he usually dresses.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3306 on: December 15, 2007, 09:31:49 pm »

Leslie there is a long list of those also were's awards.  Charlie Chaplin, for one comes to
mind.  There are many others.  However the list is so meaningless, that the recipients are
not even to be found on the website.

Beautiful mind

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3307 on: December 15, 2007, 10:35:48 pm »
The IMAX near me is only showing Beowulf and Polar Express for the next month, so I am glad to hear the regular theater has the preview!

I have to say, after watching the trailer, I am VERY excited...! 

Thanks for the play by play report from the boys Leslie!

;D
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3308 on: December 16, 2007, 09:47:00 am »
       Leslie there is a long list of those also were's awards.  Charlie Chaplin, for one comes to
mind.  There are many others.  However the list is so meaningless, that the recipients are
not even to be found on the website.

Here's a list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Honorary_Award

The person who was tugging at the edge of my memory yesterday was Robert Altman, who won a lifetime achievement award in 2006. He was nominated for "best director" 7 times, and never won.

L

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3309 on: December 16, 2007, 01:58:17 pm »
I was thinking about Paul Newman. Nominated for Best Actor for the first time in 1958. Then nominated again in -61, -63, -67, -81, and -82 and finally won in -86 with "the colour of Money". That's a win that was a long time coming! He got a honorary award the same year - the Academy must have been feeling it was high time to give the man *something*.