Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769840 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3410 on: January 07, 2008, 08:41:07 am »
I have been commenting all over Bettermost how I saw "I'm Not There" yesterday. I thought Heath was terrific. There was one scene in a coffee shop where he looked, sounded, and acted exactly like Ennis. It was eerie. Here's a screen cap. All he needs is a piece of apple pie!

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #3411 on: January 07, 2008, 09:00:38 am »
I have been commenting all over Bettermost how I saw "I'm Not There" yesterday. I thought Heath was terrific. There was one scene in a coffee shop where he looked, sounded, and acted exactly like Ennis. It was eerie. Here's a screen cap. All he needs is a piece of apple pie!

Ha, ha, as soon as I saw this post, I checked your profile for the previous posts to find those about I'm Not There.  So, Leslie, do you like this film as a whole?  I think the reviews I've seen so far have been rather extreme, like it or dislike it, I've not seen one that is in the middle. 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3412 on: January 07, 2008, 09:23:18 am »
Ha, ha, as soon as I saw this post, I checked your profile for the previous posts to find those about I'm Not There.  So, Leslie, do you like this film as a whole?  I think the reviews I've seen so far have been rather extreme, like it or dislike it, I've not seen one that is in the middle. 

Overall I liked it, yes, although I felt like it started to drag in the last third. While Cate Blanchett was excellent, I felt like her "episode" as Jude Quinn started to get repetitious. I didn't entirely understand the Richard Gere episode. The other episodes: Marcus Carl Franklin (Woody Guthrie), Christian Bale (Jack Rollins), and Heath (Robbie Clark) were all excellent with Ben Whishaw, as Arthur Rimbaud, the poet, as the glue that held everything together.

I am glad I saw it in the theater because there is alot going on on the screen. Watching DVDs at home, I find my attention wanders. I am more focused in the theater.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #3413 on: January 07, 2008, 09:37:39 am »
Overall I liked it, yes, although I felt like it started to drag in the last third. While Cate Blanchett was excellent, I felt like her "episode" as Jude Quinn started to get repetitious. I didn't entirely understand the Richard Gere episode. The other episodes: Marcus Carl Franklin (Woody Guthrie), Christian Bale (Jack Rollins), and Heath (Robbie Clark) were all excellent with Ben Whishaw, as Arthur Rimbaud, the poet, as the glue that held everything together.

I am glad I saw it in the theater because there is alot going on on the screen. Watching DVDs at home, I find my attention wanders. I am more focused in the theater.

L

Leslie, thanks for that.  As it is not shown here, I will have to wait for DVD.  I am really curious about Cate because she is the one garnering almost all praise at the beginning, everyone is dazed by her performance, but I see that the review has somewhat changed a bit, I am beginning to see more reviews that talk about Heath, Christian Bale etc.  But the general consensus seems to be people are baffled by Richard Gere's segment. 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3414 on: January 07, 2008, 12:22:12 pm »
Apparently, Bob Dylan had a role in Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, directed by Sam Peckinpah. That must explain the Richard Gere part of the movie (somewhat). I never saw that movie and have never been a big Peckinpah fan, so no wonder that part of the movie flew right by me!

Dylan did the music for the movie and the most memorable song was "Knocking on Heaven's Door."

L

yb

« Reply #3415 on: January 07, 2008, 12:39:47 pm »
I have known a few Bob Dylan songs only.  But I knew and loved Knocking on Heaven's Door, I was introduced to this song by a TV movie John Cusack produced and acted for HBO - The Jack Bull.  John got Dylan's consent to use it at the end of the film - it was very poignant and heartbreaking.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3416 on: January 08, 2008, 03:00:53 am »

Thanks to coffeecat over on Live Journal  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3417 on: January 08, 2008, 03:26:05 am »

Maybe it depends on what you want to stress, the pair being over, or the parenting not being over.

Exactly.  when I read that in the article, I instantly thought, "This writer doesn't have kids."

Zo? Dat is prima!

:laugh:   It's nice having a shared history of humor. Writing on Nipith's birthday thread today got me to thinking, I started this BBM journey in 2005.  2006, 2007, 2008!  Holey Moley!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3418 on: January 08, 2008, 04:18:24 pm »
I sure think the Joker looks very scary!

>:( :o ::)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3419 on: January 08, 2008, 06:46:01 pm »