Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769388 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3440 on: January 13, 2008, 11:35:00 am »
It is interesting that of the 11 pictures in the slideshow, there are 2 of Batman and 7 of the Joker! It thought this was supposed to be a Batman movie but it really seems like the villain is going to steal the show.

L

You could be on something here. I asked myself the same thing, but then explained it with the fact that I mostly get TDK news through the HHH thread here. So it's logical everything is focused on the Joker/Heath.
But after your comment, I did a quick google image search. Just typed "The Dark Knight" and looked at the pics coming up. The results affirm your thoughts.

Ok, that's not exactly rocket science (  ;D), but it's still surprising.

yb

« Reply #3441 on: January 13, 2008, 11:54:06 am »
It is interesting that of the 11 pictures in the slideshow, there are 2 of Batman and 7 of the Joker! It thought this was supposed to be a Batman movie but it really seems like the villain is going to steal the show.

L

I think it's the marketing strategy to focus on Joker at this stage, because Nolan has made such drastic changes in the look of the Joker that they need the Batman fans and the public to get used to this version.  I doubt the Joker's screen time will be more than Batman since there is also Aaron Eckrat's Two Face as the other villain.  But if Heath's performance is as good as the trailer indicates, I'm sure he'll be able to steal the show.

By the way, the #3 image (the other WhySoSerious poster) is a manip, it's strange that Rotten Tomatoes includes it in the photo gallery.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3442 on: January 13, 2008, 12:15:40 pm »
I think it's the marketing strategy to focus on Joker at this stage, because Nolan has made such drastic changes in the look of the Joker that they need the Batman fans and the public to get used to this version.

And we all know basically what Batman looks like. And the costumed Batman in those photos could have been Christian Bale or Micheal Keaton or George Clooney. But Heath's Joker is so striking and scary, and such a departure from Nicholson's Joker, that he really piques your curiosity.

Heath's body language in those pix is interesting. He looks so consciously posed and dramatic and Jokerlike. So un-Ennislike!  :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3443 on: January 13, 2008, 12:18:16 pm »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3444 on: January 13, 2008, 01:52:05 pm »
I think it's the marketing strategy to focus on Joker at this stage, because Nolan has made such drastic changes in the look of the Joker that they need the Batman fans and the public to get used to this version.  I doubt the Joker's screen time will be more than Batman since there is also Aaron Eckrat's Two Face as the other villain.  But if Heath's performance is as good as the trailer indicates, I'm sure he'll be able to steal the show.

By the way, the #3 image (the other WhySoSerious poster) is a manip, it's strange that Rotten Tomatoes includes it in the photo gallery.

thanks for that bit of info!
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3445 on: January 13, 2008, 01:55:10 pm »
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3446 on: January 13, 2008, 03:30:23 pm »
(Can't he just do a nice normal romantic comedy?)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3447 on: January 13, 2008, 03:51:21 pm »
(Can't he just do a nice normal romantic comedy?)

Ya mean like Casanova? (which I still haven't seen yet)

Hmmm ... thinking .... guess he can. But wouldn't it be boring if he did nothing but?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3448 on: January 13, 2008, 05:48:05 pm »
Ya mean like Casanova? (which I still haven't seen yet)

Hmmm ... thinking .... guess he can. But wouldn't it be boring if he did nothing but?

Casanova was very cute (and yummy).  I mean soon, in the future, close to now.  :)

And I was mostly meaning as opposed to weird (Parnassus)/creepy (Dark Knight)/depressing (Candy).

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3449 on: January 13, 2008, 06:08:58 pm »
Heath Ledger??? Come on, you know better than that!  ;)

Heathen