Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769432 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3450 on: January 13, 2008, 06:32:38 pm »
Heath Ledger??? Come on, you know better than that!  ;)

That's why I wrote it in 7 pt. font! 

:laugh:

But a girl can dream...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3451 on: January 13, 2008, 08:20:01 pm »
Ya mean like Casanova? (which I still haven't seen yet)

Add to "to do" list when Chrissi is visiting...I own the DVD!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3452 on: January 13, 2008, 08:21:43 pm »
(Can't he just do a nice normal romantic comedy?)

Elle, I think that ship has sailed. To me, Heath clearly sees himself in different roles. For romantic stuff....let me introduce you to Hugh Jackman...James McAvoy....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3453 on: January 13, 2008, 09:11:36 pm »
Let's see, there were 4 years in between A Knight's Tale (2001) and Casanova (2005), so based on that it seems we should be due for a romantic comedy release in 2009.  On the other hand, there were seven movies in between the two (Monster's Ball, Four Feathers, Ned Kelly, The Order, Lords of Dogtown, Brothers Grimm, Brokeback Mountain) and right now we have only four movies since Casanova (Candy, I'm Not There, The Dark Knight, and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus).  The picture gets even more grim if you want to argue that A Knight's Tale was not supposed to be a romantic comedy... 10 Things I Hate About You was in 1999.... but I suppose A Knight's Tale and Casanova are sort of equally romantic comedies...

well, it's much easier on the brain to look at Heath than follow my own logic, lol...

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

yb

« Reply #3454 on: January 13, 2008, 09:42:18 pm »
And Tree of Life has been deleted from Heath's profile at imdb, there's no other film listed after this Terry Gilliam film.  Perhaps Heath is taking another break before he takes on new roles again.

I have to agree with Leslie about romantic comedy, that's quite disappointing but what can you do when you're a Heathen!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3455 on: January 13, 2008, 11:16:48 pm »
If I were him, I would need a break, I think...

::)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #3456 on: January 13, 2008, 11:59:57 pm »
Y'know, I've avoided seeing Casanova because I think I'd be too depressing.  All these beautiful women glomming all over him, while I'm sitting in a dumb chair eating greasy popcorn . . .

It wasn't a drag for any of yall that way?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3457 on: January 14, 2008, 02:17:23 am »
Nah, he has some very alluring smiles, and does some fun physical comedy/adventure.  And my favorite scene he is lying on a couch mulling what to do about his predicament, and there are no ladies about.  It's a farce.

In my memory there isn't actually all that much with the ladies, really.  I mean it's not just that, not at all.  And there's Venice, looking very beautiful.  I think you would enjoy it, Laura.

yb

« Reply #3458 on: January 14, 2008, 05:37:28 am »
Heath is so beautiful in Casanova (even though I am not too fond of the wig), I practically didn't pay attention to the story in the first 20 minutes the first time I watched the film.  I love this film, this is not serious as BBM, but it's a lot of fun and there are some heart-wrenching scenes in it.  And I definitely think this is very good for Heath to unwind the tension of filming BBM.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3459 on: January 14, 2008, 07:02:02 am »
Add to "to do" list when Chrissi is visiting...I own the DVD!

L

Aww, that's sweet. On top of all things I now do have a date with Heath in Maine!  :laugh: