Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770571 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3520 on: January 20, 2008, 05:28:29 pm »

Sun, 20 January 2008

Heath Ledger slips into a black-and-white clown costume while filming the Terry Gilliam-directed film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus in London on Saturday.

Heath and Terry also worked together in 2005’s The Brothers Grimm.

The Brokeback Mountain star currently dating Aussie model Gemma Ward, according to UK’s The Sun. The pair were recently spotted holding hands at a restaurant in their hometown of Perth, Australia.

The restaurant manager said: “It’s pretty obvious they’re an item.”

Beautiful mind

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3521 on: January 20, 2008, 05:46:12 pm »

Aw, poor little Pierrot....the anti-Joker!  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3522 on: January 20, 2008, 06:19:11 pm »
*mad-puppy dog eyes*

What's this I hear about the Anti-Joker?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:43:34 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3523 on: January 20, 2008, 06:27:20 pm »
Thanks for the great pics, everyone.  :)

This "Imaginarium" film looks like it truly gave the costume people a serious run for their money!

In other news, I've just secured tickets for "I'm not there" for tomorrow night. So tomorrow I won't be here  ::) ;D , but I'll probably pop in afterwards and tell you what I thought!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3524 on: January 20, 2008, 07:12:54 pm »
In other news, I've just secured tickets for "I'm not there" for tomorrow night. So tomorrow I won't be here  ::) ;D , but I'll probably pop in afterwards and tell you what I thought!

*sigh*

I'm happy for you that you get to see it tomorrow. But it's not fair that I have to wait six more weeks  >:(.
I'm not there won't start in Germany before Feb, 28th.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3525 on: January 20, 2008, 07:40:25 pm »
*sigh*

I'm happy for you that you get to see it tomorrow. But it's not fair that I have to wait six more weeks  >:(.
I'm not there won't start in Germany before Feb, 28th.

(((Chrissi)))

It's strange that Germany, such a big country and all, isn't showing films like these earlier. Perhaps it has to do with a relatively significant home-grown film production that takes presedence?   ???  Though I will tell you, even if "I'm not there" has just premiered here and got rave reviews, it runs in a small viewing room in the movie theatre, exactly once a night.  ::) 

Oh well, once "Dark Knight" rolls around there will be showings enough, I'm sure. That's the kind of film gets folks to the cinema for sure. Which reminds me I really have to check our premiere date for that film. The only worse thing than detesting the Joker would be not getting to judge whether I detest the Joker!  :o ;)  ::)

ETA: OK, I've checked. The Dark Knight premieres in Norway on July 25, which is also the official US release date. Which means that we've got ourselves one really truly huge blockbuster, people! Only the likes of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars premiere in our little neck of the woods simultaneously with the US. OMG!!  :o ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3526 on: January 20, 2008, 07:59:55 pm »

ETA: OK, I've checked. The Dark Knight premieres in Norway on July 25, which is also the official US release date. Which means that we've got ourselves one really truly huge blockbuster, people! Only the likes of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars premiere in our little neck of the woods simultaneously with the US. OMG!!  :o ;)

Actually, the US release date is July 18, 2008, one week earlier.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #3527 on: January 20, 2008, 08:09:54 pm »

Early on in my Brokie career, one channel showed them all day one weekend, and I TiVoed them.  I think I may have seen about 7 of them.  I normally don't watch shows of that genre, but did because of Heath.  It was "good enough." 

I enjoyed the premise and some of the recurring characters, and Heath played the young whippersnapper, thrust into being a leader by circumstances, and learning to rise to the occasion and become a benevolent and noble leader, with his loyal band supporting him.  And there's a great villain.

Sweet Brigit, Conor!  You sure seem happy to see me  ;D

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3528 on: January 20, 2008, 08:12:05 pm »
I was just about to lambast IMDb for giving me erroneous information, then I double-checked and noticed they must be tracking where I'm logging in from, and came up with my local premiere date, not the US one. Creepy.   :o

But just one week off, that's the next level down from Harry Potter. So still pretty mega-blockbusterish!  ;)

While the poor Germans have to wait till 21 August!  :o :o

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3529 on: January 20, 2008, 08:13:32 pm »
I was just about to lambast IMDb for giving me erroneous information, then I double-checked and noticed they must be treacking where I'm logging in from, and came up with my local premiere date, not the US one. Creepy.   :o

But just one week off, that's the next level down from Harry Potter. So still pretty mega-blockbusterish!  ;)

Mega-blockbusterish indeed! I still haven't seen the trailer in a theater though....sigh....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!