Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769122 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3710 on: January 24, 2008, 12:24:34 pm »
For me there is no peace, no solace, no understanding.
A beautiful young man, a father, a son, a brother a firend has left never to return.
I really have to say I'm not sure I can believe in god anymore. Not just because of this but becasue shit like this happens every day. Some say there is a reason for everything .There is no reason. What possible reason could there be for taking a father away from his 2yr old little girl? What possible reason could there be for someone so beautiful, so talented so sweet to be taken. To expand, what possible reason could there be for the children being abused, dying of cancer, war, famine, disease etc etc etc.
I think if there is a god he quit caring a long time ago.

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3711 on: January 24, 2008, 12:36:05 pm »
He left because his work was done, and it was time to go.

That's kind of been my suspicion as to why he died.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3712 on: January 24, 2008, 12:48:37 pm »
So you mean it was some kind of "out of body experience"? I,m sorry if I appear dense, but I,m struggling to understand this, as we all are. I don,t mean any disrespect to you Leslie, I,m sure this "dream" or vision, or whatever it was was real enough to you, but why would he appear to you, someone he didn,t know? Why not his family, or close friends? I don,t agree that his work was done atall. He was still a very young man, and he had his daughter to live for if nothing else, so his work certainly wasn,t done in that respect anyway.  I wonder how on earth Michelle is going to make a 2 year old understand why daddy isn,t around any more. Bless her.

It's hard when we don't have the right words in our language to explain what happened. I tried when I said we were in our spiritual bodies. To me, it's not an out of body experience but I guess that might be one way to think of it.

This has happened to me before. Five years ago, my friend Larry died (on 1/21/2002...eerily coincidental date). I had last seen him on December 16th and he was fine, so for him to be dead five weeks later was a terrible shock. A few days after he died, very early in the morning, we got together to say goodbye. At first, I had no idea what was going on. We chatted a bit and then I said, "Larry, can I ask you a personal question?" and he said, "Yes, sure." and I said, "Aren't you dead?" and he said, "Oh, yes, I am." And suddenly it all made sense. I was so grateful to have a chance to say goodbye to him, since I hadn't done it in "living" life. (I don't want to say "real" life, because the experience I had was real. We were just in a different place--what I have come to call a spiritual place, in our spiritual bodies).

Similarly, with Heath, I think leaving so unexpectedly, he has lots of goodbyes for lots of people. I am sure he is constantly with Michelle and Matilda right now, as well as traveling around to say goodbye to others. I just feel really special (blessed, even) that I made it onto his list! And even though I never met him in "living" life, obviously he knew me enough to find me and give me a chance for our conversation--in the spiritual place. This time, I understood what was happening, since I had learned from Larry.

As for his work not being done, I am only telling you what he conveyed to me. (I say conveyed, because not all of our conversation was in words.) I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm just telling you what I know.

For those of you who think I am crazy, fine. For those of you who understand, great. And for those of you who would like to learn more, I am happy to continue the conversation, either here or privately.

Hugs and peace,

L
xo

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3713 on: January 24, 2008, 12:52:16 pm »
For those of you who think I am crazy, fine. For those of you who understand, great. And for those of you who would like to learn more, I am happy to continue the conversation, either here or privately.

I don't think you're crazy, Honey. I'm glad if this experience helps you begin to find peace and closure.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3714 on: January 24, 2008, 12:54:07 pm »
I don't think you're crazy, Honey. I'm glad if this experience helps you begin to find peace and closure.  :)

Thank you, Jeff. Here's a hug: {{{{{Jeff}}}}}
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3715 on: January 24, 2008, 12:56:15 pm »

That was my reaction when my stepmother told me she'd had a visit from my dad after he died. I wasn't sure what to believe, but I knew I was glad that it helped her feel better.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3716 on: January 24, 2008, 01:01:03 pm »
I wanted to share this recent quote from Heath with all of you.  I feel as though something has broken inside me, and I'm not sure if it will ever be fixed again.  My grief is overwhelming me.

This, from an article of the 23rd of January, 2008, is from The Age newspaper, a reputable source here in Australia.  It gave me some comfort to read it.

Thanks for posting that. It was nice to read, because I seem to remember that in the past he'd gotten a lot of grief from the Australian press.

moremojo

« Reply #3717 on: January 24, 2008, 01:02:09 pm »
Leslie, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful experience with us. That was so kind and loving of Heath to visit you and comfort you, and so thoughtful of you to communicate your encounter for us.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3718 on: January 24, 2008, 01:02:24 pm »
Thank you, Jeff. Here's a hug: {{{{{Jeff}}}}}

:-*  :-*  :-*

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3719 on: January 24, 2008, 01:07:02 pm »
For those of you who think I am crazy
You might be crazy but not because you had a visit from heath! LOL
Ya know, I was always taught you can never question someone elses experience because it's not yours to question.
Who knows, "There is so much more between hither and yon than we can ever understand"-My Grandma!
I'm glad for you!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"