Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770290 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3720 on: January 24, 2008, 01:07:59 pm »
That was my reaction when my stepmother told me she'd had a visit from my dad after he died. I wasn't sure what to believe, but I knew I was glad that it helped her feel better.

OT, but my mother once told me that she'd had a similar experience, but it kinda wasn't quite so benign.

Back in 1992 my father had a heart attack, and after that a quintuple bypass. My mother told me that she woke up one night to see my grandmother and my oldest uncle (Mother's oldest brother), both long deceased, standing next to her bed. Mother said they didn't say anything, but she knew they had come for my father. She told me she just said to them, "No, it's not his time," and they went away (I don't remember if she said they vanished).
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3721 on: January 24, 2008, 01:09:30 pm »
"There is so much more between hither and yon than we can ever understand"-My Grandma!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your Philosophy."--Shakespeare.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3722 on: January 24, 2008, 01:14:16 pm »
Leslie, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful experience with us. That was so kind and loving of Heath to visit you and comfort you, and so thoughtful of you to communicate your encounter for us.

Thank you, Scott. I felt like I was going out on a limb here by sharing what happened...glad you appreciated it!

Hugs,

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

moremojo

« Reply #3723 on: January 24, 2008, 01:16:43 pm »
I saw my cat Segunda some time after my sister and I had the vet medically kill her (she had gotten very old and sick), and I learned from this brief but vivid experience that the death of the body is not the end.

Offline Nikita111

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3724 on: January 24, 2008, 01:19:06 pm »
Same here.

I hope you understand, Leslie, I'm happy for you that you are able to find some sort of closure and start to make your peace with it.

I can't.

Me neighter. It is getting worse actually. I became brokie on  November. That time I saw the movie for the third time but by a reason of my mood at that time the movie hit me so hard. I fell in love with Heath so deeply, his whole persona as Ennis and outside simply overwhelmed me. I bought all his movies on DVD and watched the sweetheart with pure pleasure. he gave me such awonderful feelings and I can't understand the horrible irony of life. When you find some kind of escape, something beautiful that can carry you it was destroyed in a moment. After two months later my enlightment happened my baby Heath died.
I can never make peace with it. I just can't. It hurts too much. I am crying now when I came back from work and my supressed emotions are flowing out of me in floods of tears.

Baby I love you, Heath sweetheart. I just can't let you go. I can't. I love you so much

Offline Nikita111

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3725 on: January 24, 2008, 01:23:40 pm »

Anything interesting up there in heaven?

:'( :'( :'( :'(

my love

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3726 on: January 24, 2008, 01:29:36 pm »
For those of you who think I am crazy, fine. For those of you who understand, great.

No, you're not crazy. I can't share your experience, your knowledge and your attitude. But that doesn't make me right and you wrong. Might as well be vice versa.
Alone the words 'right' and 'wrong' are not appropriate, because there is no obcetive, provable 'right' (in the scientific sense). I only use them to let you know what I mean.

As I already said: I'm happy for you, and I really mean this.

There can't be too many hugs around here these days, we all need them:

(((Leslie)))

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3727 on: January 24, 2008, 01:32:36 pm »
It wasn't a dream. He was with me. We weren't in our corporeal bodies, we were in our spiritual bodies, but we were still real.

At one point we were on a beach talking about surfing, then I said, "And fishing. What's the point of that? You put a string in the water and wait for something to happen!" and Heath winked at me and said, "Well yes, but fishing trips can be fun!" LOL.

I don't know if this is any solace at all, but he really doesn't want us all to be so unhappy. He didn't leave us because he wanted to make us sad. He left because his work was done, and it was time to go.

Leslie

I had goosebumps when I read that, Leslie.

It is hard to fathom why people die young.  Infants die soon after they're born; teenagers, people in their 20's and 30's... It is hard to accept, although it happens everyday.
I happen to think that death is not the complete obliteration of a person's existence or essence or soul (whatever you wish to call it)..  And yeah, I do believe in ghosts and spirits and 'out-of-body' encounters..

I had one "dream" a few years ago that stayed with me to this day.  It was one of my grandmother who died when I was two years old.  She never said anything to me, but just sat beside my bed and watched me sleep.  It didn't feel like a "dream" when I woke up; it was an 'experience', a real one.  My father has also had at least 2 of such experiences involving his deceased parents.  These things happen.

I am sure it is hard for us to grasp how this is possible or why some people experience it and others don't..
I don't have an answer for that.  All I can say is that, Leslie, you are 'lucky' to have found some solace when a lot of us are still trying to deal with the grief.

I thought I might repost something I wrote in Cameron's blog last night that is sort of tied to this...

I had a thought today that if we get this overwhelming feeling that Ennis is gone because Heath is gone,
we can console ourselves (or at least I do) with the thought that Ennis & Jack are together in the next (better) world.
For always.
There are no limits to their love.
There is no need to fear any longer.
They is no reason or way they can ever be separated.
They can ride with the wind or perch on the clouds or play the harmonica any way they like.
There are no boundaries now.  No limits.
For Always.

That thought, friends, makes me smile, in spite of the grief.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3728 on: January 24, 2008, 01:33:11 pm »
Nikita, I just saw your posts(s). I don't know you very well, but you're in the right place here:

(((Nikita)))

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3729 on: January 24, 2008, 01:40:02 pm »

I love this pic.