Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768914 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3900 on: January 29, 2008, 02:58:21 am »
This is one of the most touching pictures I have seen of Heath. The look on his face - that's one dad who loves his daughter.

*sigh*

I hope someone takes care of and preserves that purple cap of his, keeping it so that Matilda can have it to remember him by when she grows up (along with those black-and-red striped fingerless mittens). He seemed to wear that one everywhere, clearly bringing it along with him when he travelled.

The image is from here: http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/01/tribute-to-cele.html#more

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3901 on: January 29, 2008, 03:48:16 am »
I hope someone takes care of and preserves that purple cap of his, keeping it so that Matilda can have it to remember him by when she grows up (along with those black-and-red striped fingerless mittens). He seemed to wear that one everywhere, clearly bringing it along with him when he travelled.

The purple hat grew so much on me over the months. The first time we saw him in it, it was only funny and, well, another questionable fashion decision. But it became a Heath-thing. I love his consequence in doing his own thing, sartorial-wise.

What his father wrote about him, seeing him skateboarding through NYC, reminded me of this pic with the purple hat:

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #3902 on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:42 am »
Philosophy of Heath Ledger

A selection of Heath Ledger's quotes:

On children: "Having a child changes every aspect of your life - for the better, of course. The sacrifices are large but what you get in return is even bigger than the sacrifices you make. I feel in a sense ready to die because you are living on in your child."

On Australia: "It sucks that I can't live in my own country [because of media attention]. That broke my heart. They obviously wanted me to punch and swear at them, looking a big bad idiot, but I was crushed. I had to introduce the film, but I could barely speak. I went straight home to Bronte, got into the bathroom and broke down."

On paparazzi: "Russell [Crowe] and Nicole [Kidman] have told me that when you first get successful, Australians love you and put you up there. Then for 10 years they beat you down; then you're fine again and they leave you alone. So you just have to get through those first 10 years ... Russell has been really nice to me, does the big brother, fist-on-the-chin thing. He says, 'You gotta stop doing finger signs at the paparazzi, because it rubs off bad on you.' I say 'I know, but my instinctive reaction is to at least make a gesture.' "

On fame: [Denying he ever spat at a photographer in 2004] "That spitting saga was so disgusting. If someone spat at me, I'd probably hit them in the face.But the more I deny it and defend myself, the more people believe I'm somehow guilty.I hated being made to feel guilty, needing to prove that I was innocent. Some paparazzi chant at me: 'Can't you take it Heath? You shouldn't be in showbiz if you can't take being followed and photographed. You need us Heath.' No I f---ing don't!"

On acting: "You don't learn how to act looking in mirrors, you can tell actors who've done that. It's dangerous, because acting is not about what your face is doing. If you act face first then you've worked out your face, but not the true thoughts inside. I work from inside out - thoughts and emotions first, and then the face follows."

The article was accompanied by this picture:

::)

From http://www.smh.com.au/news/heath-ledger/philosophy-of-heath-ledger/2008/01/23/1201024953775.html

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3903 on: January 29, 2008, 06:26:54 am »
Oh that's right, Court, you were always very good at finding the photograph no one else had come across yet!  :-*

Leslie, Mika, Chrissi, Nikita, Betty, Gil, everyone, maybe especially those who can't bring themselves to post: Courage, mes amies!

As you know, I want to know more about Heath and Nick Drake, and have been watching YouTube for a few months to see if Heath's Nick Drake video shows up there.  Well, no it hasn't, but in the last few days, some Heath/Nick combo tribute videos have arrived.  Here is one of Heath images, set to a Nick Drake song.  And many of the images, maybe even a third are new to me, and maybe to you, so a good treat for us.  :-*

Heath Ledger: Things Behind the Sun
Song by Nick Drake

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMNDBQMqic[/youtube]

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3904 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:17 am »
This one is great, very stirring song - old (some I've never seen, including one of Heath swimming underwater) and very new stuff, including some of the street memorials.  Including, swear to God, mouk's photo?!?

Heath Ledger Tribute - Remember
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts2a26g5XkI[/youtube]

mvansand76

« Reply #3905 on: January 29, 2008, 07:19:23 am »
God, I see that pic of Heath putting up his middle finger and then a pic of him as Ennis and I can't believe it's the same guy.

He was like a chameleon wasn't he?

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3906 on: January 29, 2008, 07:33:18 am »
That's a pretty powerful tribute vid you linked to, Elle - it choked me up. I hadn't seen those swimming clips either -  that one where he dives into the waves.... lean, graceful, young, healthy, very much alive...  :-\     The lyrics were tough to listen to.  :-\

Sounds like I almost didn't like watching it, but I did. It's just so surreal still that this has happened.

Including the ones in this vid, I've seen so many lovely images now from the impromptu memorial site outside his flat. Candles, flowers, messages, cards, images - it makes for a wonderful tribute, and one that seems very much to be made by people who really cared about him and his acting in life and were truly grieved by his passing (given the look of the homemade posters and the images) - and not by people just being swept up in some momentary celebrity craze.

It's still very comforting to know that Meryl's and John's tribute card is there underneath the flowers.

More about the purple hat...

I looked back to find the last time when the purple hat was on display. This is the early January pics of the rehearsals for "Imaginarium" in London. The shoes, the mittens and of course the hat - all of them oldies and goldies among Heath's wardrobe.  *sniff*

PS: I'm wearing striped socks today - they're even more colorfully striped than the ones Heath is sporting in this image!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:36:45 pm by Mikaela »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3907 on: January 29, 2008, 07:49:40 am »
Morning all,

I had a better night's sleep so I am slightly more in control of my emotions this morning. Let's hope it lasts for awhile. I don't think I could go through another day like yesterday!

In honor of Heath I am wearing striped underpants and wacky socks. Don't worry, I won't post a picture of the u-trou. Just imagine.  ;)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3908 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:30 am »
from the SAG Awards:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RedAzaelia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3909 on: January 29, 2008, 10:03:24 am »
I'm wearing striped socks today, too. I think Heath has me beat, though. Mine are just orange and black (my whackier ones are in the wash--I always wear them first).