Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770583 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3910 on: January 29, 2008, 10:09:13 am »
Hi Heathens,
I'm better today. For the fist time since last Tuesday. I managed to get through the Logo special about Brokeback, and to smile about Jake scaring the sheep. And about Heath, saying how good he and Michelle got along during filming, and then adding, with a big grin - obviously.
Tears are still not far, but I'm feeling like myself today. Still very sad, but not out of my ususal self anymore. Hope it lasts.

Oh, and I'm wearing my daughter's Heath cap today. We bought it together last fall, and only afterwards I realized it is a 'Heath cap'. Thanks to her generosity we share it. It's olive-colored and has the same shape like the one he wore in Venice, when the Brokeback crew was there in 2005.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3911 on: January 29, 2008, 10:12:29 am »
from the SAG Awards:

I saw the clip yesterday (thanks Mikaela). But seeing the pic of it, and in my mind comparing it to the lovely teapot pics from two years ago is worse.  :(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3912 on: January 29, 2008, 10:17:32 am »
This one is great, very stirring song - old (some I've never seen, including one of Heath swimming underwater) and very new stuff, including some of the street memorials.  Including, swear to God, mouk's photo?!?

This was great, Clarissa, thank you for sharing. Yes, mouk's photo. Amazing, huh?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3913 on: January 29, 2008, 10:18:31 am »
Hi Heathens,
I'm better today. For the fist time since last Tuesday. I managed to get through the Logo special about Brokeback, and to smile about Jake scaring the sheep. And about Heath, saying how good he and Michelle got along during filming, and then adding, with a big grin - obviously.
Tears are still not far, but I'm feeling like myself today. Still very sad, but not out of my ususal self anymore. Hope it lasts.

Oh, and I'm wearing my daughter's Heath cap today. We bought it together last fall, and only afterwards I realized it is a 'Heath cap'. Thanks to her generosity we share it. It's olive-colored and has the same shape like the one he wore in Venice, when the Brokeback crew was there in 2005.

Hugs to you, Chrissi. I am feeling a little bit better today, too.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3914 on: January 29, 2008, 10:34:43 am »
I decided to rummage through my reliquary and found all my ticket stubs from when I had seen the movie. I had a feeling and sure enough....viewing number 4 for me was on 1/22/2006. I went to the 3:45 pm show.

Who could have imagined, that two years later, almost to the minute, Heath would be dead? It's sort of eerie but even so, I am a great believer in paying attention to times and dates. Someone said on another thread, there are lots of circles in our lives. It is certainly true.

I remember this viewing (well, I remember all of them!) but this one...two women came in and sat in the row in front of me. I was alone. One of the women turned to me and said, "Have you seen this movie before?" and I said, "Oh yes, this is my fourth time." They gave me a really funny look and I had the first twinge of 'maybe it's not a good idea to go public with the notion of being a Brokie.'

The movie started and at about 12-15 minutes, I could see them fidgeting and acting restless. The one woman turned and gave me a look that said (without words), "You must really be a kook if you'd go see this boring movie four times!" They did settle down at the first tent scene but when it ended, they shot out of their seats. They didn't stick around for the credits or the closing two songs. Obviously, they were not brokies in the making.

Sitting in the row in front of them was a man who was by himself. He was wearing a baseball cap and a canvas jacket. When the credits and the music ended, he stood up and gave me this wistful smile and nodded at me. I nodded back to him and I remember thinking, "He's living an Ennis life."

Two years to the day. Who knew?

L

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3915 on: January 29, 2008, 10:40:51 am »
from the SAG Awards:

Just when I thought I was fine.... :'(

yb

« Reply #3916 on: January 29, 2008, 10:45:17 am »
Just when I thought I was fine.... :'(

It's very difficult to look at photos of Heath yet.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3917 on: January 29, 2008, 12:49:14 pm »

That is amazing Elle.  That is for sure the photo she took.  That was a very soulful video.
Ravenus has always done some of the very best BBM videos, since the beginning......just unbelievably
unique and thoughtful..............thank you this is my favorite so far.

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3918 on: January 29, 2008, 01:05:38 pm »
Another "pure Heath" moment...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3919 on: January 29, 2008, 01:34:29 pm »
Another "pure Heath" moment...

Oh Leslie ....
Damn, the tears keep coming  :'(