Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769309 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3960 on: January 31, 2008, 08:00:07 am »
He made all these, Clarissa? I can't wait to look at them when I get home...

I have a question about Heath's tattoos. He seems to have one on the inside of his arm, one of a big black square with circles in it. Is that even real? What do you think it means (if it means anything at all... LOL).

It is real, Mel. I remember the first time I saw it was when he was being interviewed in Toronto (the Toronto film festival, last spring. He was wearing a black tee shirt for the interview). I interpreted it to be three balloons, one for him, Michelle, and Matilda. It was his "family" tattoo. (The one on his wrist is his other family tattoo, with the initials of his mother and sisters.)

I never read this anywhere, so I may be completely wrong. But that's the way I saw it.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #3961 on: January 31, 2008, 08:13:14 am »
It is real, Mel. I remember the first time I saw it was when he was being interviewed in Toronto (the Toronto film festival, last spring. He was wearing a black tee shirt for the interview). I interpreted it to be three balloons, one for him, Michelle, and Matilda. It was his "family" tattoo. (The one on his wrist is his other family tattoo, with the initials of his mother and sisters.)

I never read this anywhere, so I may be completely wrong. But that's the way I saw it.

L

God, that must really have hurt, it's one of the most sensitive parts of your body to get a tattoo! Do we have a picture of it?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3962 on: January 31, 2008, 08:58:51 am »
You can see it in this picture, a little bit. I don't have a close-up of it.

On his other inside forearm, he had a big bird--an eagle, I think.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #3963 on: January 31, 2008, 09:49:07 am »
You can see it in this picture, a little bit. I don't have a close-up of it.

On his other inside forearm, he had a big bird--an eagle, I think.

Thanks Leslie... And I didn't know he had a ying-yang symbol on his arm, as well as a centre of the universe symbol. He also has a leaf on his hand, right? Was the dragonfly the last one he got?

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3964 on: January 31, 2008, 01:51:24 pm »
music       Ben Harper
title        Reason To Mourn
director  Heath Ledger
editor       Tony Birkholz/Heath Ledger

http://wearethemasses.com/musicvideos/bh_reason.html

"Don't you give me a reason to mourn."  Aw, Clarissa. :'(

Scott6373

« Reply #3965 on: January 31, 2008, 03:48:17 pm »
There's something very unsettleling about that.

mvansand76

« Reply #3966 on: January 31, 2008, 04:12:26 pm »
There's something very unsettleling about that.

I agree, Scott....  :-\  :'(

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3967 on: January 31, 2008, 07:49:07 pm »
Ah, Fabienne, thank you....

I really wanted to wake up this morning, bright and perky and ready to face the world.

Instead I'm tired and depressed and tears are running down my face. This is NOT the way I wanted to start the week!

L

I had a bad day Monday too... and honestly haven't really ventured back to Bettermost until today.  I hope you are feeling better.

In order to stay on topic:
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3968 on: January 31, 2008, 07:53:37 pm »
(((Leslie)))

I bet the emotions and depression were more intense back then than we seem to remember now - time does mellow emotions and blurs the memory of pain. A good thing, or how would we be able to move forward?

But also, however much we grieved, however heartshot we were, a sliver of our minds and a piece of our souls must consciously or subconsciously have held on to the comforting thought that "this is fiction. Noone died in RL". No such comfort can be found now.... I think that makes it much more difficult, harsh, unrelentinig, - certainly I feel that way....

Yes, Mikaela, I think that made it a lot easier for me to 'fake normalcy' back then, compared to now...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline oilgun

« Reply #3969 on: January 31, 2008, 07:57:17 pm »
I had a bad day Monday too... and honestly haven't really ventured back to Bettermost until today.  I hope you are feeling better.

In order to stay on topic:

A very fey Heath, I love it!  Apparently a lot of his clothes were designed by a friend of his called Shem, I think.  Does anyone have any more info on him/her?

EDIT:  Like duh, google it, oilgun!  And I did, and found this:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/02/1054406108737.html

and this interesting little tidbit:

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Gold_Coast_Bulletin:_cult_status

Anyway, I suspect he's responsible for the jacket with the low-hanging pockets...