Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770490 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3970 on: January 31, 2008, 10:01:44 pm »
Thanks Leslie... And I didn't know he had a ying-yang symbol on his arm, as well as a centre of the universe symbol. He also has a leaf on his hand, right? Was the dragonfly the last one he got?

I heard he got the leaf in Canada, as a way to commemorate BBM and falling in love with Michelle. Re: the dragonfly...this is from JustJared.com on November 14, 2007.

Heath Ledger shows off his brand new dragonfly tattoo while chatting with director Todd Haynes at the screening of their new film I’m Not There at NYC’s Bowery Hotel on Tuesday. (This is the film where Heath and six other actors embody a different aspect of the musician Bob Dylan’s life and work.)

Heath, 28, recently got a new upper right arm tattoo of a dragonfly, which symbolizes freedom and change (he separated from actress Michelle Williams back in August).

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/11/14/heath-ledger-dragonfly-tattoo/
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3971 on: January 31, 2008, 10:06:53 pm »
I found a close-up of the leaf:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3972 on: January 31, 2008, 10:09:50 pm »
The eagle:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3973 on: January 31, 2008, 10:10:59 pm »
A very fey Heath, I love it!  Apparently a lot of his clothes were designed by a friend of his called Shem, I think.  Does anyone have any more info on him/her?

EDIT:  Like duh, google it, oilgun!  And I did, and found this:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/02/1054406108737.html

and this interesting little tidbit:

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Gold_Coast_Bulletin:_cult_status

Anyway, I suspect he's responsible for the jacket with the low-hanging pockets...

Thanks, Gil.  And another little piece of Heath's life falls into place.... :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3974 on: February 01, 2008, 12:03:10 am »
I found a close-up of the leaf:

That gives me an idea!  I think I'll get a similar tat in the same spot, keep the same style but make it a maple leaf so it's not exactly the same.  Hmm, something to ponder...I've been dying to get some more ink.

yb

« Reply #3975 on: February 01, 2008, 01:52:01 am »
That gives me an idea!  I think I'll get a similar tat in the same spot, keep the same style but make it a maple leaf so it's not exactly the same.  Hmm, something to ponder...I've been dying to get some more ink.

Will you show us your new tattoo when it's done?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3976 on: February 01, 2008, 02:58:11 am »
He made all these, Clarissa? I can't wait to look at them when I get home...

I have a question about Heath's tattoos. He seems to have one on the inside of his arm, one of a big black square with circles in it. Is that even real? What do you think it means (if it means anything at all... LOL).

Here's a close-up of the one you were talking about.
I like tats, and I think Heath' tats are great, especially the eagle and the leaf. But this one is my least favorite.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3977 on: February 01, 2008, 04:07:53 am »
He made all these, Clarissa? I can't wait to look at them when I get home...

Yes, directed all four, and edited a couple as well.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3978 on: February 01, 2008, 04:13:32 am »
So I started reading my copy of "The Queen's Gambit" that I ordered from Amazon, and from what I know of Heath, and having watched those four music videos, I can totally see why this book is perfect for him to direct.  I mean perfect, specifically perfect for him.  He must have been so excited about it.  :(

I'm a little over a third of the way through it, and love it.  Would some a y'all read it, please, so we can talk about it?

The Queen's Gambit, by Walter Tevis (there are at least two other novels with the same name, so be sure you get the right one).
http://www.amazon.com/Queens-Gambit-Novel-Walter-Tevis/dp/1400030609/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201853449&sr=8-1

mvansand76

« Reply #3979 on: February 01, 2008, 04:53:25 am »
Here's a close-up of the one you were talking about.
I like tats, and I think Heath' tats are great, especially the eagle and the leaf. But this one is my least favorite.

Thanks Chrissi, I was talking about this tattoo with a friend of mine and we both agreed that it must've hurt quite a bit... It's not pretty, but it must've meant something to him, because he thought his tattoos over very well. And it's unique.