Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769246 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3980 on: February 01, 2008, 05:55:48 am »
So I started reading my copy of "The Queen's Gambit" that I ordered from Amazon, and from what I know of Heath, and having watched those four music videos, I can totally see why this book is perfect for him to direct.  I mean perfect, specifically perfect for him.  He must have been so excited about it.  :(

I'm a little over a third of the way through it, and love it.  Would some a y'all read it, please, so we can talk about it?

The Queen's Gambit, by Walter Tevis (there are at least two other novels with the same name, so be sure you get the right one).
http://www.amazon.com/Queens-Gambit-Novel-Walter-Tevis/dp/1400030609/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201853449&sr=8-1

I just ordered it. I went to Amazon; and your comment plus the first customers review (German Amazon page) made me order it on the spur of a moment. Sounds really good.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3981 on: February 01, 2008, 05:56:58 am »
I just ordered it. I went to Amazon; and your comment plus the first customers review (German Amazon page) made me order it on the spur of a moment. Sounds really good.

:-*  Yay, Chrissi! 

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3982 on: February 01, 2008, 06:03:16 am »
I LOVE my husband!

Why do I write this on the HHH thread?
It's his B-day today and so he took the day off from work. Earlier this morning, he had the house to him alone, all three kids and me out of the way. And what did he do on this rare occasion? He went online on my computer, searched German gossip magazines and saved a whole folder full of Heath pics for me.

Gotta love that man  :-*

Here's one of thepics:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3983 on: February 01, 2008, 06:11:28 am »
I LOVE my husband!

It's his B-day today and so he took the day off from work. Earlier this morning, he had the house to him alone, all three kids and me out of the way. And what did he do on this rare occasion? He went online on my computer, searched German gossip magazines and saved a whole folder full of Heath pics for me.

Here's one of thepics:

Wow, I love your husband too.  And mine.  He's been extremely sympathetic, and knows without me really telling him that every day, even 9 days later, that I am grieving. 

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3984 on: February 01, 2008, 06:34:40 am »
So I started reading my copy of "The Queen's Gambit" that I ordered from Amazon, and from what I know of Heath, and having watched those four music videos, I can totally see why this book is perfect for him to direct.  I mean perfect, specifically perfect for him.  He must have been so excited about it.  :(

I'm a little over a third of the way through it, and love it.  Would some a y'all read it, please, so we can talk about it?

The Queen's Gambit, by Walter Tevis (there are at least two other novels with the same name, so be sure you get the right one).
http://www.amazon.com/Queens-Gambit-Novel-Walter-Tevis/dp/1400030609/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201853449&sr=8-1

Just ordered it.  :) It'll take some time to get here, though.

I wanted to read it when I read that interview with the guy Heath was cooperating with in making the script. The story sounded really interesting.

And you gals better hang on to those husbands of yours; they sound like true-and-for-real keepers.  :)

Love that Casanova pic!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3985 on: February 01, 2008, 06:52:17 am »
Just ordered it.  :) It'll take some time to get here, though.

I wanted to read it when I read that interview with the guy Heath was cooperating with in making the script. The story sounded really interesting.

Yay!   

Mikaela, can you remember the name of the guy he was working on the script with, or the url for the article, or anything about it?   I wish it was listed on IMDb.  I wish Heath's page had something listed for him as director. 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3986 on: February 01, 2008, 07:01:39 am »
And I ordered it too.

Clarissa: I think this is the info you wanted.

'My friend Heath would never commit suicide'

By Brian Pendreigh
TRAGIC Hollywood star Heath Ledger was working with a veteran Scottish screenwriter and producer on what was to be his debut as a film director, it emerged last night.

Scots film veteran Allan Shiach was working on dead star's directorial debut. Allan Shiach, who has a string of hit movies to his name, was due to meet Ledger tomorrow to finalise preparations for The Queen's Gambit, a high-tension drama about a delinquent teenage girl who turns out to be a chess prodigy.

http://news.scotsman.com/uk?articleid=3715399
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3987 on: February 01, 2008, 07:21:45 am »
Yes, that's the one.  :)

I am actually baffled about the many projects Heath had going on in his life... Collectively it must have represented a huge strain on him, especially as he wasn't sleeping much. Filming "Imaginarium", pre-production looping and the like on TDK, heavy promotional work upcoming for TDK, and then working on realizing this "Queen's Gambit" project and planning his first stint as director. Just reading Terry Gilliam's and others' notes from the Brothers Grimm casting and filming reminded me how much work it would be to get QG off the ground, how many financial and artistic pieces of the puzzle would have to be fit together...

mvansand76

« Reply #3988 on: February 01, 2008, 08:28:42 am »
I LOVE my husband!

Here's one of thepics:

That's so sweet, Chrissi!   :-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3989 on: February 01, 2008, 09:55:49 am »
I LOVE my husband!

Here's one of thepics:

Wow, I love your husband too.  And mine.  He's been extremely sympathetic, and knows without me really telling him that every day, even 9 days later, that I am grieving. 

Three cheers for all brokie-husbands!  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'