Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768698 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4000 on: February 01, 2008, 04:24:21 pm »
FROM YOUR LIPS TO GOD'S EARS - "May the prediction or wish you are making come true." Used to express appreciation for someone's hope that matters will turn out well. Also in the form 'from your mouth.' Often shortened to 'from your lips'. From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996).

Interesting, I've never heard that expression before. Thanks!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4001 on: February 01, 2008, 07:38:13 pm »
Interesting, I've never heard that expression before. Thanks!

It's a very common expression in German, too. We say: "Dein Wort in Gottes Ohr!" (= Your word in God's ear!).  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4002 on: February 02, 2008, 01:23:38 am »
Here is the Ellen episode with Heath on it where he talks about Brokeback, getting nominated for an Oscar, and how they named Matilda.  From January 2006

It is really great to watch him so happy and Ellen so bubbly.  And he juggles!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4003 on: February 02, 2008, 02:56:14 am »
How does IMDb keep up so fast? My sons and I watched 3:10 to Yuma tonight, which prompted my older son to look up Christian Bale. So later (as a Christian Bale fan myself) I'm reading through the CB trivia and come to ...

Was good friends with actor Heath Ledger.

I guess maybe they immediately do some massive search and change everything to past tense??

:'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4004 on: February 02, 2008, 05:35:47 am »

Was good friends with actor Heath Ledger.

I guess maybe they immediately do some massive search and change everything to past tense??

Sometimes being up-to-date is not good.  :(
I also keep stumbling about the past tense. It ain't right  :(

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4005 on: February 02, 2008, 05:45:14 am »
I discovered yesterday while posting that I've entered a new phase. A phase where the past tense is the one that comes to mind. I know it's true, now. That happened over night and doesn't make me one iota less sad, but I'm over the denial and "I can't believe it" phase.  :-\

To make up for that;  do look at this lovely picture, it's one I'd never seen before:

Found it over at DC, a poster named Rnmina... there's one more equally nice if you'd like to take a look. 

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=28263.msg1170604#msg1170604
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:35:00 pm by Mikaela »

mvansand76

« Reply #4006 on: February 02, 2008, 06:17:08 am »

I watched Lords of Dogtown last night with my boyfriend and had to stop watching after an hour, because it hurt too much....

Guess it's safe to say then that I'm not ready to watch Brokeback yet....

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4007 on: February 02, 2008, 02:45:26 pm »
That's an interesting one, Mika. How did his hair get so straight?

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4008 on: February 02, 2008, 03:03:23 pm »
I discovered yesterday while posting that I've entered a new phase. A phase where the past tense is the one that comes to mind. I know it's true, now. That happened over night and doesn't make me one iota less sad, but I'm over the denial and "I can't believe it" phase.  :-\

To make up for that;  do look at this lovely picture, it's one I'd never seen before:

Found it over at DC, a poster named Rnmina... there's one more equally nice if you'd like to take a look. 

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=28263.msg1170604#msg1170604

It is a beautiful picture. You know whats so bloody awful about it though? He,ll never be able to push Matilda in her pushchair whilst she,s wearing those funky glasses again. ffs it,s just so unfair.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #4009 on: February 02, 2008, 03:31:45 pm »
It is a beautiful picture. You know whats so bloody awful about it though? He,ll never be able to push Matilda in her pushchair whilst she,s wearing those funky glasses again. ffs it,s just so unfair.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'( Just when I thought I was doing better today....   :-\