Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768695 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4050 on: February 04, 2008, 03:46:48 pm »
Hang in there Souxi, we all know exactly how you feel  :'(

(((Souxi)))

Thanks hun. *Hugs back* I know you all do. I watched "A Knights Tale" a couple of nights ago on Sky and afterwards I lay in bed and howled my eyes out.  :'( :'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4051 on: February 04, 2008, 04:06:21 pm »
Earlier today I watched LOD with only a few tears now and then, but mostly managed to keep my mind on the movie, not on Heath.
Now I've just watched Heath accepting an award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival (Clarissa posted it on the I love everything Heath thread) - and I'm done.
Never again we'll see him accepting anything, no more interviews, never again. He should receive so many awards in the next what? - fifty years, he should watch his little girl growing up. He should not be carried around the world in a coffin, he should not be buried in the family plot (yes, articles used the phrase). Michelle shouldn't have to raise Matilda without her daddy, Matilda shouldn't look at pictures and movies of a man who was her daddy, but she can't remember him, Heath's parents shouldn't have to go through this. He should be smiling, make goofy faces and continue to make movies and questionable sartorial choices.
I'm definitely done for the moment. This seems all so wrong.
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4052 on: February 04, 2008, 04:08:26 pm »
Hey Souxi, thanks for the hugs back. They come just at the right moment ...  :'(

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4053 on: February 04, 2008, 04:16:15 pm »
(((Chrissi)))

(((Souxi)))

Hang in there.

I'm glad you got to watch LOD Chrissi. I haven't watched any interview or speeches by Heath.

Maybe it will better once we know he's been laid to rest...you know, closure and all that. It seems to take forever... I'm sure his family have their reasons for the long period before the burial, and all the travellin that they have had to go through, but still...

Sorry I don't want to cause offence to anyone.  :(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4054 on: February 04, 2008, 04:17:38 pm »
Earlier today I watched LOD with only a few tears now and then, but mostly managed to keep my mind on the movie, not on Heath.
Now I've just watched Heath accepting an award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival (Clarissa posted it on the I love everything Heath thread) - and I'm done.
Never again we'll see him accepting anything, no more interviews, never again. He should receive so many awards in the next what? - fifty years, he should watch his little girl growing up. He should not be carried around the world in a coffin, he should not be buried in the family plot (yes, articles used the phrase). Michelle shouldn't have to raise Matilda without her daddy, Matilda shouldn't look at pictures and movies of a man who was her daddy, but she can't remember him, Heath's parents shouldn't have to go through this. He should be smiling, make goofy faces and continue to make movies and questionable sartorial choices.
I'm definitely done for the moment. This seems all so wrong.
 :'( :'( :'(

Yes he should. He had SO much more to do with his life, so much more to give and to achieve, and now he,ll never do any of that. It is tragic that Matilda won,t remember her daddy. She,ll have to be shown pictures of him and told who he is. She,ll have to watch his movies to "see" him. He should be pushing her in her pushchair, whilst she,s wearing her funky glasses and eating an icecream. Michelle should still have the man she obviously still loved very much, even though they were apart. Heaths parents should still have their son, and his sister should still have her baby brother, and Jake should still have his best friend. Just think, there won,t be any more pictures of them on stage recieving awards together or giving a speech together. When Jake stands on stage, there,ll be an empty space where Heath should be. :'( And to cap it all, he shouldnt be being buried. He should be ALIVE, with the people who love him.  This is just so bloody unfair. 28 years old and that,s it, gone. :'( :'( :'(

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4055 on: February 04, 2008, 04:27:29 pm »
I did the same thing!  :laugh:

Yes, I did notice the "hunhs" in LOD. Didn't notice the cowboy, and I can't remember about the Del Mar.

That's one of my favorite Heath roles. He is so convincing as that character, you can hardly believe it's the same person who played Ennis.

And even harder to believe he's the same person playing in the other Venice movie, Casanova.

When we went to the Aero on Feb 13, 2006, in Santa Monica, Henrypie and I stayed in a hotel in Venice.  It was incredibly inexpensive compared to the other hotels right around it, and from the website was quite nice, and just a couple of blocks from the beach.  So we get there, and discover why it was so cheap.  Yes, it was a nice hotel, one of the nicest along there, but getting renovated.  it had blue tarps and scaffolding all the way around it, and we had to keep our curtains closed because workers would go by right outside the window in mid-air.  Also, very loud, very large power tools.  :)  We were barely there, just one night, and hardly in the room.  But it explained the extremely low price.  :)

Update for another memory:

In the middle of the night, I woke up because henrypie was leaning over the space between our beds rattling a piece of paper near my face.  In the morning she explained that that was what she did to her cat when he snored...  :laugh:  Sorry henrypie.  :-*
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 03:38:44 am by Ellemeno »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4056 on: February 04, 2008, 04:36:04 pm »
I think a lot of us are edgy and sad because, after nearly two weeks of media barrage, speculation and uncertainty, we are close to having a piece of real news.  Also, I think that the final phase of his funeral and burial represent a certain finality to this protracted event that has been so public and so painful.

One thing I have learned in the last two weeks of reading all sorts of news and a lot of not-news is, I don't trust the news.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4057 on: February 05, 2008, 08:13:15 pm »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4058 on: February 05, 2008, 08:28:28 pm »

This report indicated the funeral will be held on Saturday:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23165887-5015787,00.html?from=mostpop
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4059 on: February 06, 2008, 03:28:59 am »