Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770412 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4080 on: February 07, 2008, 10:13:32 am »
Done! I like this online shopping!

Fabienne, let us know how watching "Candy" goes.  I turned it off about 20 minutes into it (a few months ago), because it was so intense.  But now that I know there won't be more Heath films,  :-\  I do plan on getting around to watching it.

This is my free advice and it's worth every penny....

Fabienne, I wouldn't be emotionally prepared to watch Candy today, tomorrow, or even next week. Heath is a junkie who shoots up in the very first scene. Given all that has gone on in the past two days, I just don't know that I could watch that--and for me, that would be seeing it again. As a first time experience? Personally, I'd be a wreck.

Just my thought.

I'll repeat what I said a few days ago: I loved Heath in The Four Feathers. He's incredibly handsome in the beginning when he's wearing his Royal Cumbrian uniform. He looks good in the desert scenes. And he looks great at the end, when he's older and wiser. The Four Feathers is a Heath film I can watch right now. Candy....no.

L

Okay, I'll fess up..

I've already watched the beginning scenes. This movie was never released here in Belgium and I was very curious about it. I started with watching the interview with Heath. He was his normal fidgety self, sometimes not really knowing what to say, but I was okay watching it. I even heard him clearing this throat, Ennis-style, which made me smile. The opening scenes are harrowing, that's right. But Heath wasn't there...

I've already watched Brokeback Mountain again and I'm glad I did. It was more intens, more emotional. But what I'm trying to say is, I was watching Jack and Ennis. The tragedy with Heath didn't get in the way of really getting into the story again (and being completely overwhelmed by it again either!). I guess that's just a testament of how good an actor Heath really was.( :( I hate to put this 'was' here, but I have to)

And I was thinking about your post Leslie from yesterday when you said that Heath would be sad to see us all so upset and sad. He wouldn't want that. After all the sadness yesterday, today I feel like I need closure. I want him laid to rest now, I want his family, Michelle, Jake and all the others to be left alone to grieve. I don't want to see any pictures from the funeral.

I want to be able to think about Heath and shake my head in happy, grateful wonderment that this man, because of his art, his intensity, had such an impact on my life. And that I was 'open' to this experience.

I don't want to be sad no more.  :-\  I'm sure there will be bad moments to come, though, but I want to be more grateful than sad.

But there's no rush in seeing Candy, besides I still have Ned Kelly on my dvd recorder.

Thanks for the Four Feathers pics Leslie! Yeah, sartorial!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4081 on: February 07, 2008, 10:33:12 am »
I love online shopping!

Those other pictures were from Elle, but this is from me. I loved this scene, right at the beginning of the movie...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4082 on: February 07, 2008, 11:07:00 am »

From left, Heath's great-grandfather, Sir Frank Ledger, 86, Heath aged 6, dad Kim, 35, and Heath's grandfather, Colin Ledger, 60. All the senior Ledgers were engineers. (1985)

Sir Frank was about 26 when Colin was born.
Colin was about 25 when Kim was born.
Kim was about 29 when Heath was born.
Heath was 26 when Matilda was born.

mvansand76

« Reply #4083 on: February 07, 2008, 11:16:58 am »

From left, Heath's great-grandfather, Sir Frank Ledger, 86, Heath aged 6, dad Kim, 35, and Heath's grandfather, Colin Ledger, 60. All the senior Ledgers were engineers. (1985)

Sir Frank was about 26 when Colin was born.
Colin was about 25 when Kim was born.
Kim was about 29 when Heath was born.
Heath was 26 when Matilda was born.

Thanks for posting this...  :'( :'( :'( Look at that cute little boy...  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4084 on: February 07, 2008, 01:03:09 pm »
Here's Heath in a 5 minute interview from 2001, discussing A Knight's Tale. 
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gso_r7q69c[/youtube]

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4085 on: February 07, 2008, 02:22:04 pm »
Clarissa and Mikaela (and anyone who might be interested in reading the book "The Queen's Gambit" with us):
I just checked the status of my order and it says delivery will likely be between Feb, 19th and Feb, 29th!  :o
They already corrected the date once (set for a later date than originally planned, grrr), so it's possible that it will be early March till I receive it *sigh*

Count me in, Chrissi.  I read "The Queen's Gambit" years ago and I'd love to do a re-read.  I think I still have a copy of it somewhere, maybe ...but it may take me a while to find it.....

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4086 on: February 07, 2008, 02:32:14 pm »
In the picture of the four Ledger generations, there is little if any resemblance between them all -- judging from the photo.

Tell that to people who say Bobby couldn't possibly be Jack's son because they don't look alike!  ;D

(I'm assuming the Ledgers are all related biologically.)

mvansand76

« Reply #4087 on: February 07, 2008, 03:04:02 pm »
Here's Heath in a 5 minute interview from 2001, discussing A Knight's Tale. 
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gso_r7q69c[/youtube]

He is so different here from in his last interview....

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4088 on: February 07, 2008, 05:35:20 pm »
I'm no Milli, but I gave it a try:

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4089 on: February 07, 2008, 06:31:24 pm »
I'm no Milli, but I gave it a try:

you did great!  some lovely lovely smiles in there.  I don't think I've seen the railroad tracks one before.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."