Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768645 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4090 on: February 07, 2008, 06:32:11 pm »
fabienne,

just wanted to say I agree with everything you said above...

:-*
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4091 on: February 07, 2008, 06:43:43 pm »
Chrissi, I love that collage!  The one where he's wearing the hat and smiling at the camera is one of my all-time favorites.  Beautiful, beautiful man. 

Thanks for sharing.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4092 on: February 07, 2008, 09:28:14 pm »
Heath in Ned Kelly (I posted this at the movies game):

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4093 on: February 07, 2008, 09:28:49 pm »
Another Heath picture, from an Australian newspaper:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4094 on: February 07, 2008, 09:32:26 pm »
yes Leslie, I thought that one in the Australian piece was new, too.

beautiful beautiful face.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4095 on: February 08, 2008, 02:23:26 am »
This is one I definitively haven't seen before; it's from the TDK site. I'll also add the whole TDK page, because I think they reacted good and appropriately. They took everything down and only showed the attached page. Meanwhile it's back to the Batman logo first, but everything else is still taken down. When you click the Batman logo, you come to the Heath memorial page, nothing else is up.
I understand that they have to continue with the movie and it's marketing campaign, but I appreciate that they haven't yet. Gives me hope they'll find a way to do it considerate and appropriate.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4096 on: February 08, 2008, 03:27:36 am »
Chrissi, wonderful collage of pictures you posted. Great job!

And I agree, the TDK statement is really beautiful. You really get the sense in reading and hearing people who worked with Heath, that he was a special man who touched those around him. He was never 'a guy they worked with'.

fabienne,

just wanted to say I agree with everything you said above...

:-*

thank you Bel!  :-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4097 on: February 08, 2008, 06:16:07 am »
I just got hold of my March issue of Total Film Magazine. It went on sale in the UK 21. January, but takes time to get here. Anyway, it obviously went to print just days before Heath... you know.  :-\

And it reads like such a letter from the past, a mere 3 weeks ago, when Heath owned the world and nothing seemed wrong! It's so strange, and oddly disorienting to be reminded where we were, just a short while ago... The mag is "business as usual". They already had the obligatory "Most Anticipated films of -08" in a previous issue (including much ado about TDK), and Heath had no movies premiering - so I really didn't expect him to feature in this magazine. But boy, was I wrong:

There's a big bonus poster with the mag; - the Joker, knife in hand, against Gotham's skyline. 

There's an image of Jack and Ennis in the mag's calendar of days, saying that they invite everyone on a specific day (Feb. 19, as amatter of fact) to come discuss online whether Brokeback should have won its Oscar.

In the "what's happening just now" section - there's a pic of Heath in carnival attire while shooting an "Imaginarium" scene, with some lines on him and that film, and when its ETA is. Was.   :-\

And they've got a Total Film Hot 100 list as their feature item - presenting their take on "The trailblazers and Talent who will shake the Movies in 2008". Of course, Heath's on the list - he's no. 40. In the blurb that follows his image they write, among other things; "Going by the charismatic Aussie's current Post-Brokeback form we have nothing to fear except, well, the gash-mouted action clown himself...."  Well, turned out there were other things to fear...  :'(

So yeah, that was the movie world less than 3 weeks ago. Heath's presence was noticable, he was very visible,  interest and anticipation and praise surrounding him for roles both past and present.... lot of honest movie interest for his talent and films.

A very strange read. Like time has curled in on itself and nothing bad had happened yet.... Only 3 weeks ago that was another world.

mvansand76

« Reply #4098 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:57 am »
Thanks for that, Mikaela.... I will pick up a copy when I am in England next week....  :-*

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #4099 on: February 08, 2008, 02:22:09 pm »

Like time has curled in on itself and nothing bad had happened yet.... Only 3 weeks ago that was another world.

:-\ its a strange thing, but some of this is still surreal to me, so I do understand what
you are saying............. :( :'(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist