Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770119 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4100 on: February 08, 2008, 03:50:57 pm »
Here's a picture that's a little different:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4101 on: February 08, 2008, 08:35:56 pm »
This is one I definitively haven't seen before; it's from the TDK site. I'll also add the whole TDK page, because I think they reacted good and appropriately. They took everything down and only showed the attached page. Meanwhile it's back to the Batman logo first, but everything else is still taken down. When you click the Batman logo, you come to the Heath memorial page, nothing else is up.
I understand that they have to continue with the movie and it's marketing campaign, but I appreciate that they haven't yet. Gives me hope they'll find a way to do it considerate and appropriate.

yep, that's the home page on my computer right now...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4102 on: February 08, 2008, 08:37:45 pm »
I just got hold of my March issue of Total Film Magazine. It went on sale in the UK 21. January, but takes time to get here. Anyway, it obviously went to print just days before Heath... you know.  :-\

And it reads like such a letter from the past, a mere 3 weeks ago, when Heath owned the world and nothing seemed wrong! It's so strange, and oddly disorienting to be reminded where we were, just a short while ago... The mag is "business as usual". They already had the obligatory "Most Anticipated films of -08" in a previous issue (including much ado about TDK), and Heath had no movies premiering - so I really didn't expect him to feature in this magazine. But boy, was I wrong:

There's a big bonus poster with the mag; - the Joker, knife in hand, against Gotham's skyline. 

There's an image of Jack and Ennis in the mag's calendar of days, saying that they invite everyone on a specific day (Feb. 19, as amatter of fact) to come discuss online whether Brokeback should have won its Oscar.

In the "what's happening just now" section - there's a pic of Heath in carnival attire while shooting an "Imaginarium" scene, with some lines on him and that film, and when its ETA is. Was.   :-\

And they've got a Total Film Hot 100 list as their feature item - presenting their take on "The trailblazers and Talent who will shake the Movies in 2008". Of course, Heath's on the list - he's no. 40. In the blurb that follows his image they write, among other things; "Going by the charismatic Aussie's current Post-Brokeback form we have nothing to fear except, well, the gash-mouted action clown himself...."  Well, turned out there were other things to fear...  :'(

So yeah, that was the movie world less than 3 weeks ago. Heath's presence was noticable, he was very visible,  interest and anticipation and praise surrounding him for roles both past and present.... lot of honest movie interest for his talent and films.

A very strange read. Like time has curled in on itself and nothing bad had happened yet.... Only 3 weeks ago that was another world.

wow.

kinda makes me want to time travel.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4103 on: February 08, 2008, 09:16:29 pm »

It brings back the tears to me...................................ugg

Beautiful mind

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4104 on: February 08, 2008, 10:09:12 pm »

Found this pic I've not seen before at Heath's tribute page in his home-town newspaper, The West Australian:

Go here to read all the articles and see further pics in the West Australian tribute:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=55939
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4105 on: February 09, 2008, 12:14:28 am »
It's fourteen hours ahead in Perth right now, 1:10 in the afternoon.  He's being laid to rest about now, give or take a few hours.  God bless and keep you safe in his heart, Heath, always, always.  We love you very much, Friend.  :-*

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4107 on: February 09, 2008, 05:56:59 am »
I just finished watching Lords of Dogtown.  I noticed that near the end, they play the Neil Young song "Old Man," which apparently got played at Heath's funeral today, according to one article I read.  The song "Wish You Were Here," a favorite of several Heathens, was also in Lords of Dogtown.

Well, I just went to YouTube to see if there was a version of "Old Man" to put here, and someone has made a Heath tribute with the song.  Whew.  One of the earliest images in the tribute is Heath sitting next to Emile Hirsch in the scene from LOD that has the song in it.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXg14-kDcaQ[/youtube]

Turns out same for "Wish You Were Here."  How many Heath tribute videos are there?
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQs1WdVSkOE[/youtube]

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4108 on: February 09, 2008, 05:57:55 am »
         It brings back the tears to me...................................ugg

{{{Janice}}}

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4109 on: February 09, 2008, 06:03:00 am »

When I think of Heath now, that is always how I picture him. Look at the sparkle in his eyes!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.