Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3769979 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4110 on: February 09, 2008, 06:17:30 am »
It's fourteen hours ahead in Perth right now, 1:10 in the afternoon.  He's being laid to rest about now, give or take a few hours.  God bless and keep you safe in his heart, Heath, always, always.  We love you very much, Friend.  :-*

Oh Meryl, I don't know what to say right now. Your post reduced me to a sobbing mess again, but thank you.

Bless you Heath. We love you.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4111 on: February 09, 2008, 06:53:09 am »
How many Heath video tributes are there?

Just now, a search on YouTube for "Heath Ledger tribute" comes up with 1,580 total.  1,480 added in the last month.  286 this week.  14 today (and it's the middle of the night here in the US!)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4112 on: February 09, 2008, 07:59:00 am »
Rolling Stone film critic Peter Travers dscusses four of Heath's films:

Oh, thank you for this! A great commentary and recommendation of some of the best of Heath's movies, and Peter Travers' conclusion was respectful and spot-on:

"However the circumctances turn out - how Heath Ledger died -  it's not how he's going to be remembered. He will not be remembered for the mistakes he made, but for the films he made. And those movies are the things that will endure."

Offline BelAir

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4114 on: February 11, 2008, 09:05:30 am »
Morning, Heathens. Something to look at...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #4115 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:44 am »
I LOOOOOOVE Peter Travers! God, what a moving tribute to Heath and his best performances.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4116 on: February 11, 2008, 10:37:21 am »
I LOOOOOOVE Peter Travers! God, what a moving tribute to Heath and his best performances.

I hear ya, gurl ..... :)

moremojo

« Reply #4117 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32:20 am »
Reporting on a radio tribute to Heath that I listened to this past Saturday. The radio station KMFA (89.5 FM), at 10:00 a.m., devoted their hour-long special show "Film Score Focus" to excerpts from the soundtracks to various films Heath appeared in, "in memory of Heath Ledger". The film soundtracks featured were The Patriot, The Four Feathers, The Brothers Grimm, and Brokeback Mountain. My favorite sound clips were those from Brokeback Mountain (all compositions excerpted were by Gustavo); I cried at "Opening", not at all unexpectedly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:51:08 pm by moremojo »

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4118 on: February 11, 2008, 03:37:58 pm »
"The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" has had its own home page established. Which indicates Terry Gilliam's efforts to finalize the film.

As of now there's just a picture there, which looks quite enchanting btw, and "Coming Soon". Have a look - is that Heath in the picture's right? (Clicking the picture makes it BIGGER!

http://www.doctorparnassus.com/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4119 on: February 11, 2008, 04:04:32 pm »
"The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" has had its own home page established. Which indicates Terry Gilliam's efforts to finalize the film.

As of now there's just a picture there, which looks quite enchanting btw, and "Coming Soon". Have a look - is that Heath in the picture's right? (Clicking the picture makes it BIGGER!

http://www.doctorparnassus.com/

And clicking the bigger picture again makes it really huge and detailed.  But I'm not sure if that's Heath.  Doesn't seem so - but hey, you all had to convince me that was his voice doing the Joker in the Dark Knight trailer, so who knows.