Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770558 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4140 on: February 13, 2008, 08:54:56 am »

I noticed that earlier.  Yes, I know there must come this day, but like you said, it's still sad.

I just want to know if the Remembrance Forum will be kept for a while longer or not because I have not read most of the tributes which I intend to read later.

None of the threads will be deleted, and the forum will remain. I'm not sure if it has been decided yet in which form...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4141 on: February 13, 2008, 09:50:18 am »
Nice picture to start the day, Chrissi. Thanks. Here's another....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4142 on: February 13, 2008, 03:13:19 pm »
I noticed that earlier.  Yes, I know there must come this day, but like you said, it's still sad.

I just want to know if the Remembrance Forum will be kept for a while longer or not because I have not read most of the tributes which I intend to read later.

Yes, it's staying up.  It probably eventually will move from being the first forum you see here, but it won't leave. 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4143 on: February 13, 2008, 03:16:26 pm »
Maybe in parts? Limit the discussion to the first third at the beginning, then the second, then the last third? And safe overall comments and perceptions for later, when everybody has read the whole book?

This structure would have two advantages in my opinion: First, the slower readers wouldn't read spoilers. Second, discussion might be more detailed. At the end of the book, you might already have forgotten something you originally wanted to say about chapter three for example.

The book isn't very thick, so I think three parts (plus closing comments about the book as a whole) are enough. If we divide it into more parts, it might get too ramified.

What do others think?

There are a few natural parts to separate it into, and I can go through and make a suggestion of what those are.  The storytelling in the book is in a straight chronological line, so will be esy to divide up.  Maybe make it a part a week, or sumpn.  I'll suggest divisions in the next day or so.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4144 on: February 13, 2008, 05:39:30 pm »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4145 on: February 13, 2008, 05:43:49 pm »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4146 on: February 13, 2008, 05:51:46 pm »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4147 on: February 13, 2008, 08:42:40 pm »
I don't know whether it's appropriate to put here, but there is a photo shoot and interview with Michelle Williams from before Heath's death that talks about Matilda and about herself and her life in pictures:

http://www.hollyscoop.com/michelle-williams/michelle-williams-in-wonderland_14696.aspx
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4148 on: February 13, 2008, 10:13:47 pm »
Louise, thanks for that article and I thought this picture was amazing. I think we can share Michelle images here too....IMO....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4149 on: February 14, 2008, 06:54:11 am »
From the same shot as yesterday morning: