Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3700144 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #740 on: July 26, 2006, 11:44:16 pm »
Thanks for the info, ranchgal!  I'll try to see it, or at least tape it.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #741 on: July 27, 2006, 12:45:22 am »
I have been going thru the Jake Jake Jake thread and thought i would come and browse thru the Heath thread...and all I can say is........

Please, please, dont think that our Aussie men dress this way

I dont know where the hell Heath got his clothes sense (or lack of it) from.....

Surely now he has Michelle, she might teach him how to dress a bit better.

He is such a doll, why does he spoil everything with those damn hats, too tight jackets, and all the other shit he wears....

He should maybe stick to cowboy gear, he certainly looks good in that.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #742 on: July 27, 2006, 02:41:18 am »
Don't dis the hats-love me some hatted Heath :P

O0

Heathen

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #743 on: July 27, 2006, 01:13:53 pm »
Just a couple re-posts. Ruby, you don't mind, do you?  8)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #744 on: July 27, 2006, 03:58:56 pm »
Court, will you marry me?

O0

Heathen

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #745 on: July 27, 2006, 04:49:48 pm »
Heath movie questions....

During the last half year or so I've thrown myself at some Heath movies, have watched Brothers Grimm, Four Feathers, Ned Kelly, Casanova and the relevant first half of Monster's Ball. I've also re-watched Knight's Tale a number of times. It's such a delightful film (with Paul Bettany as bonus, and it's got the perfect ending - only I want it for Jack and Ennis...  :( ) Anyway, I've got two questions:

- Lords of Dogtown - any good? (My local supermarket has decided to stock it all of a sudden, so it's easily available).

- Any other Heath film that is unmissable or that people here would recommend? (Barring "The Patriot". Mel Gibson in simplistic-patriotic fervour is something I'd rather give a huge pass, Heath or no Heath.)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #746 on: July 27, 2006, 04:53:05 pm »
Heath movie questions....

During the last half year or so I've thrown myself at some Heath movies, have watched Brothers Grimm, Four Feathers, Ned Kelly, Casanova and the relevant first half of Monster's Ball. I've also re-watched Knight's Tale a number of times. It's such a delightful film (with Paul Bettany as bonus, and it's got the perfect ending - only I want it for Jack and Ennis...  :( ) Anyway, I've got two questions:

- Lords of Dogtown - any good? (My local supermarket has decided to stock it all of a sudden, so it's easily available).

- Any other Heath film that is unmissable or that people here would recommend? (Barring "The Patriot". Mel Gibson in simplistic-patriotic fervour is something I'd rather give a huge pass, Heath or no Heath.)

I  have not seen it yet, but people tell me that 10 Things I Hate About You is very cute...and you get to see Heath sing and dance.

Candy, which is only playing in Australia right now, is supposed to be excellent and Heath turns in another stellar peformance.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #747 on: July 27, 2006, 04:56:57 pm »
Thank you!
Oh yes - I'm waiting for Candy with equal parts anticipation and trepidation. The story sounds so.... painful and hard to sit through. I'm sure Heath does a stellar performance. Though God knows when it'll ever come to my part of the world (=Scandinavia). Australian films don't make it here very often and they always come late when they do.

**Grumbles**

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #748 on: July 27, 2006, 04:58:13 pm »

I loved Lords of Dogtown! Though bear in mind: 1) my sons are skateboarders 2) I saw it before Brokeback 3) the kids in it are about the same age as I would have been in that year 4) therefore I also like the music 5) it is pretty lightweight compared to Brokeback BUT 6) Heath is good in it -- it's the movie that reassured me that Brokeback would come out OK 7) his character is VERY different from Ennis.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #749 on: July 27, 2006, 07:12:34 pm »
Heath simply disappears into his LOD character Skip, and you won't recognise him if you don't look for him, or haven't seen some of the photos or screen caps.

I enjoyed LOD, and I am a long way from a skateboarder---I would recommend at least taking a look.   

I really enjoyed 10 Things I Hate about You-It is a teen flick---ONLY rent the dvd---Do NOT watch the comedy central version on tv---it really sucks--they edited out some key(for me anyway) scenes to make room for their overly filled with commercials.
Heath does a good job (he looks good too in those leather pants at the club) and even though the plot is pretty straightforward and stock, it is an enjoyable romp, even recommended as a take off of taming of the Shrew, though he really doesn't do much taming, mostly outmanuvering. LOL

Another one I recommend cause I can watch Heath in it over and over is The Order- it is NOT a horror film or even scarey, it is a drama with a few supernatural overtone scenes.   the side characters except for the Sin Eater and the girl are nothing you haven't seen before, but the end twists and all the plot reasonings become clear at the end. I enjoyed finding out everything, and how everything fitted together.
Heath has tremendous chemistry with the girl he is in love with, and with the sin eater himself---really good interchanges, and he gets shirtless and Looks really hot making love to the girl---I watch it for Heath cause he is so good in it, and I am willing to forgive any weak links in the plot cause I enjoy him and Sin Eater and the girl so much.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:55:01 pm by ranchgal »