Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770638 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7540 on: February 20, 2009, 10:34:59 am »
Lots of lovely Heath today and believe me I need it at the moment, so  a big thankyou, !!!!

As always, you're very welcome! :)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7541 on: February 21, 2009, 01:13:04 am »
Fabienne - you'll have to let us know what you think of Dogtown.  It's an interesting movie.  Heath does a great job in his role, so do all of the actors really, imo at least.  I've seen it numerous times - watching Heath sing Maggie May, while working with the skateboard at the very end - 30 seconds of heaven...

:)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7542 on: February 21, 2009, 05:34:21 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #7543 on: February 21, 2009, 11:19:52 am »
"New" pictures of Heath. Thought I´d share. Very different from his later photoshoots

Sunny days for Heath Ledger
Peta Hellard
February 21, 2009 11:00pm

THIS is Heath Ledger as you have never seen him before - just turned 20, with stars in his eyes and on the cusp of impending Hollywood stardom.

The photos were taken in May 1999 - a month after Ledger had his 20th birthday and six weeks after his first US film 10 Things I Hate About You premiered in America.

The young actor, who moved to Hollywood three months before the photos were taken, had recently secured his first big acting break opposite Mel Gibson in civil war drama The Patriot.

Click here to see the Heath Ledger picture gallery
The candid shots were unearthed by The Sunday Mail on the eve of the Academy Awards tomorrow night where he is considered a certainty to win a posthumous Oscar.   
Rupert Thorpe, the Los Angeles-based celebrity photographer who took the pictures, said Ledger was ecstatic about his burgeoning career in Hollywood.

"I had never heard of him but he was full of energy and you could see he was destined for great things," Thorpe told The Sunday Mail yesterday.

"He was a little boy from Australia (who had) come over to big America. He was loving life and he didn't seem to have a care in the world.

"He was happy and carefree."

Thorpe - who spent a day shooting Ledger and fellow Aussie Rose Byrne in Vegas - said the actor was excited about the perks of the shoot.

"We were driving around the Vegas strip in a stretch limo, drinking champagne and taking pictures. Heath got a kick out of that," Thorpe said.

"We went through about four or five bottles of champagne in the limo and then we poured ourselves out of the limo for the pics.

"Heath and Rose asked me to stay (in Vegas) and hang out because we were having so much fun, but I ended up flying back to Los Angeles that night while they stayed on for a couple more days."

Byrne's - whose own career was launched after starring alongside Ledger in Two Hands, which premiered two months after the photos were taken - said she remembered her longtime friend as fun-loving and excitable.

"He was a very lovely, spontaneous, distinctive actor," she said. "I was very blessed to have worked with him."

For the Vegas shoot, Ledger and Byrne were not accompanied by publicists, managers or minders. They had gone shopping together and bought their outfits from a second-hand clothes store in Los Angeles.

"I remember Heath had chosen a toweling top, red trousers and some Elvis-style glasses," Thorpe said.

"He was young and untarnished and full of beans back then."

The relaxed experience was a world away from the micro-managed publicity moments of Ledger's later career when the actor seemed uneasy and awkward, often appearing hunched over and surly during interviews.

During his early film career when his hair was a sunny blond, Ledger's wide smile, lively eyes and playful nature were trademarks of his photo shoots.

But as his fame sky-rocketed during his early 20s, the actor - often sporting stringy dark locks - was usually pictured looking sullen and often hauntingly sad.

Thorpe said he was shocked by the change in Ledger when he bumped into him years later in Beverly Hills, shopping with then girlfriend Naomi Watts, who he met on the set of Australian drama Ned Kelly.

"He seemed like a completely different person," he said.

"He was older and obviously more guarded because he had success and had people running after him because he was now famous."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7544 on: February 21, 2009, 09:12:22 pm »
I ordered the Lord of Dogtown dvd a while ago and I just got confirmation that it's on its way.

I'm curious about this film. I don't think it was ever released over here, I don't know much about it. I've read good things about it though.

There are things I love about LOD, Fabienne.  I hope you enjoy it. 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7545 on: February 21, 2009, 09:14:46 pm »

watching Heath sing Maggie May, while working with the skateboard at the very end - 30 seconds of heaven...

:)

That scene is an amazing piece of acting.  He moves through so many emotions, with no words at all.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7546 on: February 21, 2009, 09:20:28 pm »

Very ring-a-ding, very Rat Pack.  How did this little punkin from Perth know about that?

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #7547 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:42 pm »
Album (76 Heath images) from Sydney's Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Sunday 22 February 2009:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5025684-5010141-1,00.html

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #7548 on: February 21, 2009, 11:30:47 pm »
Those pictures of young Heath in his red pants are the cutest!  Thanks Monika and Kerry.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7549 on: February 21, 2009, 11:45:18 pm »
Those pictures of young Heath in his red pants are the cutest!  Thanks Monika and Kerry.  :)

I will second that, too cute and so very full of the joie de vivre. I am dreading tomorrow night.