Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3770964 times)

retropian

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7570 on: February 25, 2009, 04:23:32 am »
Life's so full of ironies, isn't it?  Last night an actor won for playing a gay man, while in 2006 that seemed to doom the BBM cast.   The actor who did win out over Heath that year was bested by him last night in return.  And that same actor did something that we wondered if Heath might do--he wore a funny-looking hat.  :)

Well, don't forget PSH won best actor that year for his portrayal of Truman Capote, who was a pioneering gay man. Although the film 'Capote' wasn't specifically about his dealing with his sexuality. Capote was perfectly comfortable with himself in that regard. Sean Penn won best actor for also portraying another pioneering gay man. When you count Heaths best actor nomination for 'Ennis', and Jakes' best supporting actor nom for 'Jack'. There have been a pleasing number of Academy Award nominations in the past few years for portraying Gay characters both fictional and nonfictional. That makes me happy. Brad Pitt had said he would like to play a gay man (this was when BBM was in the theaters). I hope he does now! Who should be his romantic costar?

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #7571 on: February 25, 2009, 09:53:06 am »
Well, don't forget PSH won best actor that year for his portrayal of Truman Capote, who was a pioneering gay man. Although the film 'Capote' wasn't specifically about his dealing with his sexuality. Capote was perfectly comfortable with himself in that regard. Sean Penn won best actor for also portraying another pioneering gay man. When you count Heaths best actor nomination for 'Ennis', and Jakes' best supporting actor nom for 'Jack'. There have been a pleasing number of Academy Award nominations in the past few years for portraying Gay characters both fictional and nonfictional. That makes me happy. Brad Pitt had said he would like to play a gay man (this was when BBM was in the theaters). I hope he does now! Who should be his romantic costar?

I'll volunteer.  I mean, someone's got to do it.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7572 on: February 25, 2009, 10:01:20 am »

How self sacrificing you are Paul.  I always say what a great guy you are.... :-*

All kidding aside.  I would like to see Colin Farell.  He has done it before, and has no issue with it at all.  But Jake
would be great as well...

Beautiful mind

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #7573 on: February 25, 2009, 10:55:35 am »

How self sacrificing you are Paul.  I always say what a great guy you are.... :-*

All kidding aside.  I would like to see Colin Farell.  He has done it before, and has no issue with it at all.  But Jake
would be great as well...

Those amateurs?!  I'm almost exactly Brad's age, so I'd be perfect. 

retropian

« Reply #7574 on: February 25, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »
I'll volunteer.  I mean, someone's got to do it.

LOL! ;D I'd volunteer too, provided there is very lengthy and private rehearsal period. :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7575 on: February 26, 2009, 02:17:03 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

From a screentest for AKT. I saw them the first time just recently and think they're not on HHH yet.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7576 on: February 26, 2009, 03:05:28 am »
What beauties.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7577 on: February 27, 2009, 02:20:04 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

We didn't have the green shirt ones for a long time. For Leslie :-*

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7578 on: February 27, 2009, 04:20:48 am »
I am liking all the recent Heath pics.He is just too cute in the AKT series.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #7579 on: February 27, 2009, 06:00:49 am »
Hey - I'd only ever seen the first one of those before! (And that one is jaw-droppingly gorgeous).

Thanks for posting these, Chrissi, they're great!  :) :) :)