Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3771019 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7620 on: March 12, 2009, 02:40:50 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

The first one is the well-known version. Second one courtesy of Baycityjohn.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7621 on: March 12, 2009, 02:45:18 am »

Awww, great one Chrissi.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7622 on: March 13, 2009, 02:41:04 am »

(Fabienne) :-*
All icons I used are by x_falsetto on LJ.

Offline optom3

« Reply #7623 on: March 13, 2009, 07:53:11 pm »
Oh my, what a treat for a Heathen. With the exception of Ennis, the blond tousled look is my favourite. i want him back !!!!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7624 on: March 14, 2009, 06:24:20 am »
Excerpt from an interview with Ang Lee from March, 10th 2009. I find the first question a bit, uhm, insensitive or something, but here goes:

Do you remember where you were when you got the news that Heath died?
I was landing at the Tokyo airport when I got an email from James. Heath died during my flight. That’s always strange to think about.

What is your favorite memory of him?
It also happens to be one of my favorite shots of my career: his “barfing” scene in Brokeback, when he was hitting the wall with his fists. We were on the third take, his fists were bleeding, he’d literally spilled all his guts, and something in the background struck me as being perfect. I think it was the clouds. I wanted to do another take, but Heath was totally exhausted. My producer said, “That’s bullshit. The actor has had enough.” But the clouds were perfect! We did another take, and after it was over, Heath said, “Wow. That felt good.”

http://7x7.com/content/e/ang-lee-remembers-heath-ledger

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7625 on: March 14, 2009, 06:27:26 am »
Have a nice weekend Heathens :)

I didn't find the pics I was looking for, but instead found some of the Toronto shooting I hadn't seen before :).

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #7626 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:14 am »
Excerpt from an interview with Ang Lee from March, 10th 2009. I find the first question a bit, uhm, insensitive or something, but here goes:

I was landing at the Tokyo airport when I got an email from James. Heath died during my flight. That’s always strange to think about.

It also happens to be one of my favorite shots of my career: his “barfing” scene in Brokeback, when he was hitting the wall with his fists. We were on the third take, his fists were bleeding, he’d literally spilled all his guts, and something in the background struck me as being perfect. I think it was the clouds. I wanted to do another take, but Heath was totally exhausted. My producer said, “That’s bullshit. The actor has had enough.” But the clouds were perfect! We did another take, and after it was over, Heath said, “Wow. That felt good.”

I wonder whether that final take of the alley scene was thae one that went into the film? I shall have to look extra closely at the clouds next time I see the film.

James - that would be James Schamus, right? He said in Entertainment Weekly's Jan 23 issue, about learning that Heath had died, that:

It was one of those "Where were you on the day Kennedy was shot?" moments. I called Jake (Gyllenhaal) and remember wailing."

:'(

It makes sense he also would be the one to contact Ang Lee.

---

On a brighter note, I'm loving all the images. Have a fine weekend, Heathens!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7627 on: March 14, 2009, 08:51:13 am »
Thanks for the pics and the article. It is still so hard to read of his passing. I know exactly where I was, in my kitchen loading the dishwasher when it flashed accross the T.V.  I was so shocked I dropped the cups I was holding. I have never allowed myself to remember that moment until now.

I flew across the room and immediately put BBM into the Dvd player. I started to sob and continued for days afterwards. Not long after I stopped lurking on Bettermost and started to post. I have remained here ever since.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #7628 on: March 14, 2009, 10:21:22 am »

Thanks for posting Chrissi.  It made me cry, but still.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #7629 on: March 14, 2009, 10:28:27 am »
A Jake picture from the Jake thread (from MilAn)...  All Heathens will (hopefully) understand why I brought it over here.

The comment from James about Jake, is about the only real reference I've heard about Jake during that [awful] time.

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."