Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3762536 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7740 on: April 12, 2009, 04:19:08 am »
Happy Easter Heathens :)

Look who's flirting with the Easter Bunny! :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7741 on: April 13, 2009, 04:36:15 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #7742 on: April 13, 2009, 01:24:20 pm »
Far out, Chrissi!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7743 on: April 13, 2009, 09:51:10 pm »
I love that we get to hear his real glorious voice, with all its rich undertones. I also think it is incredibly well acted. Not for a second do I think of Heath, he becomes Dan,with all his innocence and belief that they can free themselves from their terrible addiction and live a normal life.His joy about the baby, the unbearble heartache of the losses he endures.

He throws himself so fully into character, that he stayed out of the sun for months to get the requisite pallor of an addict. That says a lot about the man, who was a real surfing outdoors guy and yet denied himself the pleasure of the Aussie beaches and surfing.

He  has a terrible scene in a shower where he actually ends up with a real black eye.The next scene to be filmed was the final heart breaking one and make up wanted to cover up the bruise. Typical Heath, a bit like with BBM and the shirts, declines and says, no I think it will add more realism and also leave the viewer wondering where Dan is, in his life at that time.

I do not want to write too much as I do not know whether you have seen it or not. There are a couple of scenes that nearly kill me. Not because of addiction problems, but other tragedies that heave occurred to me. So I find it resonates with me at an almost base level.I can really connect with it which for me always adds an extra dimension to a film.

The real shock is despite the tragedy of it all, there are moments of comic genius that waft across the screen like a summer breeze, giving the viewer some relief and hope, yet simulataneously meaning the next tragedy is even more of a hammer blow.

The final bitter irony is the parallels which seem to exist betwen Heath's own life and some of the events in the film. Not even really the addiction, there just seems to be a lot of Heath in the character. I will happily discuss more if you have seen the film. I just don't want to spoil it if you haven't.

I have seen it...  you make me want to see it again.

In reality, I think I saw it when I was still a bit numb over Heath's death, so I don't actually remember all that much about it... only that it was good...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7744 on: April 13, 2009, 09:54:27 pm »
Far out, Chrissi!

your siggie is far out...

you know I loved the 'welcome' on the bmost homepage tonight, but found it somewhat bittersweet too...  as in remember when we (i.e. you) met Jack and Ennis for the first time...  (and the whole world was before them, and you wanted to paw the white out of the moon, right alongside them...)

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #7745 on: April 13, 2009, 11:07:20 pm »
your siggie is far out...

you know I loved the 'welcome' on the bmost homepage tonight, but found it somewhat bittersweet too...  as in remember when we (i.e. you) met Jack and Ennis for the first time...  (and the whole world was before them, and you wanted to paw the white out of the moon, right alongside them...)

Thanks, Bel.  Coincidentally, I made the welcome page today.  That photo really struck me too; their first words to each other, and to us. 

I just watched Heath in "Two Hands" for the first time tonight, so I'm in a sad Heathy mood.  So young and talented then; can't take your eyes off him. 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7746 on: April 14, 2009, 05:37:27 am »
Thanks, Bel.  Coincidentally, I made the welcome page today.  That photo really struck me too; their first words to each other, and to us. 

I just watched Heath in "Two Hands" for the first time tonight, so I'm in a sad Heathy mood.  So young and talented then; can't take your eyes off him

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XGUhzfutc[/youtube]

I enjoyed Two Hands.  Never would have watched it if it didn't have Heath.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #7747 on: April 14, 2009, 06:19:57 am »
I have really enjoyed 10 things I hate about you. Thank you for posting this clip Ellemeno. It had me laughing. It shows how many things he is capable of doing. Being funny, tragic, singing,  and much more.

BbM, I swear

retropian

« Reply #7748 on: April 14, 2009, 06:26:13 am »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XGUhzfutc[/youtube]

I enjoyed Two Hands.  Never would have watched it if it didn't have Heath.

I've never seen this movie! Thanks for posting this scene! :D Was that him really singing?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7749 on: April 14, 2009, 11:28:18 am »
I've never seen this movie! Thanks for posting this scene! :D Was that him really singing?

I've heard it's really him singing, but don't know for sure.