Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3703707 times)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7750 on: April 14, 2009, 12:16:01 pm »
I've never seen this movie! Thanks for posting this scene! :D Was that him really singing?

I've heard it's really him singing, but don't know for sure. 

Yes, it is him, I remember reading that more then once. He has a very nice voice.
He had auditioned (like Jake) for Moulin Rouge, therefore he must have been confident about his singing.
BbM, I swear

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7751 on: April 15, 2009, 04:44:07 am »
I've never seen this movie! Thanks for posting this scene! :D Was that him really singing?

You should, Ian. It's cute and funny and not too stupid (given that it's a teen romance/comedy). And did we already mention it has Heath in it ;)? What other reason do you need to see a movie? ;) ;D

Someone asked me a few pages ago about AKT: nope, I didn't own the DVD until now. I've never seen the original (undubbed) version yet :o.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7752 on: April 15, 2009, 04:46:42 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

(I'm not sure whether I posted this one a few weeks ago, but I think I didn't. But Heath is good in repeat, too, isn't he? ;D)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7753 on: April 15, 2009, 10:11:55 am »
Very nice pic, had never seen it before. Thank you!

Someone asked me a few pages ago about AKT: nope, I didn't own the DVD until now. I've never seen the original (undubbed) version yet :o.

That was me. I was joking. I own the AKT DVD for the very same reason.  :)
BbM, I swear

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7754 on: April 15, 2009, 02:34:38 pm »

From Heath Ledger, Hollywood's Dark Star Heath is reported to have said:

"I am not usually a singer, but I was a singer that day. I felt like a rock star. We went into a studio and put down the track, then we did the whole classic thing they used to do in the old musicals. They'd play it back over loudspeakers and I did  this dance number up and down the staircase, while I was singing the song".
BbM, I swear

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7755 on: April 16, 2009, 04:04:38 am »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7756 on: April 16, 2009, 01:04:56 pm »

Looks like a pic from a German magazine. 
Chrissi - can you read the tiny print?  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7757 on: April 16, 2009, 02:53:50 pm »
Looks like a pic from a German magazine. 
Chrissi - can you read the tiny print?  :)

Yes. Barely, but I can:

"was born on April 4th, 1979 in Perth, Australia. His complete first name is Heathcliff, after a character from Emily Bronte's "Sturmhöhe" [=Wuthering Heights]. At first, he preferred hockey over acting. During his school years, he even contemplated becoming a professional player. At age 16, Ledger drove to Sydney in the hope to become famous - and ended up on television. 1997 was his breakthrough with the TV series "Roar". After the 1999 teen-flick "10 Things I Hate About You" came more US productions, amongst others "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson, and the box office hit "A Knight's Tale", which made him irrevocably a star."

BTW, in German AKT is "Ritter aus Leidenschaft", which literally means 'knight by passion'.

The small print at the bottom of the page (next to the box) alludes to this. It reads:

Little boy by passion: "I'd like it best if I never were older than six years."

Lovely pic :).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7758 on: April 17, 2009, 01:59:23 am »

I really like this pic. It's full of life and of details; I find it fascinating. I post it in full resolution even though it is pretty big and you might have to scroll. Lasse Hallström is sitting there like some medieval king, on his throne with a dais ;D (of course it makes sense to have him shielded from the light so he can properly see the monitors). I like how one guy is looking into his water bottle, another one leaning forward, and the guy with the Hawaii shirt next to Heath. Why does the guy with the mismatching trousers and shirt wear black gloves? Have you noticed that there are almost no women in the photo? And on and on with the pic, fascinating.

Heath is cute and seems relaxed in it :).

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7759 on: April 17, 2009, 03:05:56 am »

I really like this pic. It's full of life and of details; I find it fascinating. I post it in full resolution even though it is pretty big and you might have to scroll. Lasse Hallström is sitting there like some medieval king, on his throne with a dais ;D (of course it makes sense to have him shielded from the light so he can properly see the monitors). I like how one guy is looking into his water bottle, another one leaning forward, and the guy with the Hawaii shirt next to Heath. Why does the guy with the mismatching trousers and shirt wear black gloves? Have you noticed that there are almost no women in the photo? And on and on with the pic, fascinating.

Heath is cute and seems relaxed in it :).

Wow Penthesilea!

I bet Canaletto would have liked to paint this scene of Venice (have just visited the beautiful art "Kerry's Gallery" thread)!
I will always associate Venice with Heath. Not only is Casanova one of my favourite Heath's movie, I know he was very happy, serene, at the time. And mustn't forget the Golden Lion to BbM.
Many people, all seem busy with something. I'd love to spend a day on a film set.
BbM, I swear