Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3705239 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7830 on: May 06, 2009, 12:55:01 pm »
Got to give you an A plus for that little collection. Sure put a smile on my face  :)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #7831 on: May 09, 2009, 01:14:26 pm »
I have also posted this on the Heath Ledger Tributes and Obituaries thread as I wasn't sure where extacly it should go.

Christian Bale talks about Heath:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090507/ten-bale-avoided-tv-news-after-ledger-s-c60bd6d.html

Christian Bale refused to watch the news after his The Dark Knight co-star Heath Ledger died - fearing gossipy coverage would tarnish his memories of his friend. Skip related content
Bale was left stunned after Ledger, who played the villainous Joker to his Batman in the 2008 blockbuster, died from an accidental prescription drug overdose in January 2008.

But he chose to block out all reports about his friend's tragic passing - because he didn't want to hear uninformed outsiders speculate about Ledger's death.

He tells Esquire magazine, "I paid no attention to it. I knew him, I knew the family and why the hell would I sit there listening to idiots who don't know anything at all? I literally didn't read anything, didn't watch anything (after he died).

"If I happened to be watching anything that came on, I switched over straight away. It's incredible the way the voyeuristic outlook is accepted as news."

And Bale still mourns Ledger's untimely death - because the Australian star was one of the few actors whose intensity and passion matched his own on set.

He adds: "Many times I'll work with actors and I can tell they're thinking, 'What are you doing? Why are you going that far with it?' or 'You're nuts!' With Heath, I could feel him going, 'I love it!'

"It felt like we were really pushing each other on, to the limits of where you can go with it. He was a good guy. There's not a lot of actors who I stay in touch with. But Heath was one of them."

BbM, I swear

Offline BelAir

« Reply #7832 on: May 11, 2009, 09:34:56 pm »
Good morning Heathens :)

so, is this real or photoshopped?

i'm torn...

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7833 on: May 12, 2009, 03:25:42 am »
IMO it is not real. It doesn't look like Heath's body to me.
BbM, I swear

Offline BelAir

« Reply #7834 on: May 12, 2009, 09:32:40 pm »
IMO it is not real. It doesn't look like Heath's body to me.

That was my inclination - that it wasn't real... 

(But okay, here are the things that I thought looked like Heath - chest hair and torso, and style of jeans... but I thought the shirt didn't jive, and neither did the hips.  Yeah, today it seems more obvious that the Joker was photoshopped in...)

Offline BelAir

« Reply #7835 on: May 13, 2009, 10:14:58 pm »
Okay, I'm back to being torn, lol!

:D

I guess, like you said, what makes it so difficult is it's the Joker face with Heath's body.  Is it really possible to be that "in character" with just one part of yourself???

Maybe it's both Heath and photoshopped??

Another random thought I had - why not get 'made up' in a button-up shirt, rather than have to take one's owner shirt off (or on) over all the Joker make-up...

Offline optom3

« Reply #7836 on: May 13, 2009, 11:04:25 pm »
It certainly looks like Heath's hands to me, I love his long slim fingers, so I am thinking it is him. I have seen those fingers on so many lucky ladies faces as he leans in to kiss them.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7837 on: May 14, 2009, 02:57:31 am »
You all have made very good points. I am still very torn though. IMHO in that pic the legs look skinny, I have never thought of Heath like that.
BbM, I swear

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7838 on: May 16, 2009, 02:26:05 am »
I think it is a real photo.  Apparently the two guys either side of Heath are Justo & Andy, instructors of the Keysi Fighting Method, and the fight choreographers for The Dark Knight.  Hence those big muscles & big fists!

I think what makes the photo look a bit odd is that Heath's face is in full Joker makeup with the white face, but he's wearing his own clothing & not the purple coat.  Also, he's kind of grinning/grimacing in a Joker kind of way, so it makes the photo seem a little strange.

But those beautiful hands convince me that this is Heath!  Not to mention the chest...  ;)  Okay, all of him.

Also, I recognise the t-shirt he's wearing from other photos.

Wow, spiceylife, you have one heck of a command of Heath photos!  I'm impressed you found all those.  I'd love if you wanted to post other thematic Heath photo groupings.

And I'm in agreement about that really being Heath too.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7839 on: May 16, 2009, 08:00:08 am »
Hi Heathens :)

I'm slowly getting back into something like a routine after my trip. Today I was lucky and found a new Heath pic from Parnassus, only to see the link to it a few minutes later here on BM, in the Heath Remembrance Forum. But here it is anyway:

Kay has also posted a link to a clip from the Cannes Film Festival, where you can see a few seconds of Heath in Parnassus. I think most of you have already seen it, but if not, check it out http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16605.msg511505.html#msg511505