Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3763946 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8050 on: August 06, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »
I'm missing Chrissi!   Boy, those Europeans have l-o-n-g vacations.

In the meantime, I found this youtube of Heath, replete with photos I've never seen, set to Leonard Cohen's "Hallellujah", sung by the Aussie bluesman Vince Jones.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38CMM7i9omE[/youtube]

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8051 on: August 07, 2009, 12:22:37 am »
What a great find, Paul.  I never saw so many unfamiliar pictures of Heath either.  I'm glad there were so many of him.  Makes his short life seem just a little bit longer somehow.  That song is terrific, too.

*Also waiting impatiently for Chrissi's return*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8052 on: August 07, 2009, 01:08:05 pm »

In the meantime, I found this youtube of Heath, replete with photos I've never seen, set to Leonard Cohen's "Hallellujah", sung by the Aussie bluesman Vince Jones.

Ooh, good one, Paul, grazie!  I miss Chrissilein too.

I think the reason so many of them are new to us is because they are from Australia.  springrose147, who made that video, is from Australia and does wonderful Heath videos.  Here with Rose Byrne - who totally holds her own in these shots, in 1999.  How can a little whippersnapper from Perth know how to look so ring-a-ding?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEsrvx7mro[/youtube]

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8053 on: August 09, 2009, 06:16:56 am »
Good morning Heathens :).

I'm ba-aack :D! Aww, thanks Paul, Clarissa and Meryl, it's nice to be missed :-*.
As usual, I can't see the video on The Masses website, I hope to find it on youtube. The vid Paul posted is lovely, and there were a few pics in it I hadn't seen before.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8054 on: August 09, 2009, 06:40:02 am »
I'm missing Chrissi!   Boy, those Europeans have l-o-n-g vacations.

Long?
Tell you what long is: when I was a kid, summer vacation always meant three weeks, not only two like nowadays. That was the standard. My parents always went for three weeks, and the summer kids vacations (similar to American summer camps) also were for three weeks.
One summer I was on vacation throughout the whole six weeks of school holidays: first three weeks with a youth group in Italy, then three weeks with my parents in Austria. Aww, wonderful, lazy times :D.

And when hubby and I went on holidays as students, we always stayed as long as the money lasted, mostly four or five weeks. No credit cards, no bank cards, no phones, no plans. Just grabbing the money we had in cash, our tent and some clothes, then hopping on the motorbike and heading south: Austria, Italy, Yugoslavia, Greece, Turkey. Ahhh, that was the life!

But now the thought of my kids doing the same makes me shudder. Our parents never knew where we were and when we would come back. Postcards took six or eight weeks to arrive and we never called. I can't imagine my daughter hopping on a motorbike with some stranger (to me) and being gone for god knows how many weeks without a sign of life. :o Thank god for cellphones!

How times change ....

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8055 on: August 09, 2009, 10:00:24 am »
As usual, I can't see the video on The Masses website, I hope to find it on youtube.

Ack! I can't see the vid, no matter how and where I try. I tried youtube and tried googling, and found it on many websites (including German ones). All the sites have the youtube vid embedded, but the video does NOT play for me. I always get the error message: This video can't be shown in your country due to copyright reasons.

>:(

So frustrating :(.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8056 on: August 09, 2009, 10:20:04 am »
Welcome back Chrissi!! :)

It was interesting hearing about the vacations of your youth.  I hope you had a nice trip this time!
 :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #8057 on: August 09, 2009, 03:01:13 pm »
"Casanova" just started on TV over here. I´m watching

Offline Ellemeno