Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3748797 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8120 on: August 30, 2009, 03:37:14 pm »

Thanks Belbbmfan and Mikaela. I´m feeling better. Sometimes I just think about it too much and get very sad. But I have tried to be more active outdoors these last days and it has helped.

I bet it was an emotional experience, Mikaela! It´s very nice of Adam to make the truck available for every Brokie who wants to see it and sit in it.
(((Mikaela)))

I haven't visited the Alberta locations myself, only vicariously through the pictures posted here at Bettermost. Particularly those on Chuck's thread. I know what you mean about the sadness. Seeing the film locations decay and fade away seems so sad. Soon enough only the faintest traces will remain, then nothing. I am reminded of how some people commented on how the story and film seemed to be guided by a spirit. I can see why. A grieving spirit who needed his story told. He guided Annie's hand, he guided the script, and stalled it's development until the right director, actors, locations etc. were ready to bring his story to it's full expression. Now that so many have shared in it and grieved for and with him, he's gone and at rest. These locations are no longer watched over by him, and so they, like him, dissolve into the Void. At least that's how I like to think of it.
What a beautiful way to look at it, Ian. Whether you believe in supernatural elements or not, the story has a strong symbolic meaning.
And nothing lasts forever, so we better enjoy it while we can.

:-*

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8121 on: August 30, 2009, 04:34:02 pm »
I have found myself more upset about Heath recently.
 I suspect it is because of the death of MJ and the widely reported accounts of his insomnia. It seems as if the 2 artists were maybe struggling with some of the same demons. I was never a massive fan of M.J but he certainly seems to have had many problems, which people rather than trying to help with, continued to enable and hence still stay on the pay roll.
Both incidents have found me asking, does true artistic genius always have to be the result of an overly sensitive and in some cases reckless soul.The need to continually push boundaries to limits never before seen.
Back as far as Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, not to mention, Van Gogh and numerous others, we see the same tortured souls , who non the less produced masterpieces.
It is all simply too sad.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #8122 on: August 31, 2009, 02:31:18 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8123 on: August 31, 2009, 02:36:11 am »
Another photo I wanted to bring to HHH. BaycityJohn posted it in the Heath Rememberance Forum. It is part of an art exhibition in Vienna. For more info see John's post: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16517.msg537001.html#msg537001
Thank you John! :)

copyright by Greg Gorman

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8124 on: August 31, 2009, 03:58:56 am »
WOW!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8125 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:35 am »
Great photo, John and Chrissi.  He looks like a cross between Casanova and Pierrot.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8126 on: August 31, 2009, 08:32:25 am »
I watched "10 Things I Hate About You" last night--a good antidote to a nasty, rainy weekend.  Again, I was struck by the resemblance between Heath and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. 

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8127 on: August 31, 2009, 09:27:16 am »
I watched "10 Things I Hate About You" last night--a good antidote to a nasty, rainy weekend.  Again, I was struck by the resemblance between Heath and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. 

You got that right, birthday-bud ( :-*).
If I didn't knew better, I'd bet they are brothers.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8128 on: August 31, 2009, 03:42:59 pm »
I remember the first time I watched TTIHAY (way back when), I was sure they were related somehow. Two peas in a pie and all that.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8129 on: August 31, 2009, 04:03:28 pm »
I gotta ask - is it Heath in this picture? I guess judging by what it says on the cover, it should be...