Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3701157 times)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1190 on: October 22, 2006, 05:39:33 pm »
*peeking head around corner*

Um ... wasn't sure which thread would be most suitable for my questions.

I have several questions about Ennis/Heath in reference to BBM and/or the filming of certain scenes...
(but they're kind of ... embarrassing.)

Wondering if I should just put them out here to y'all.

:-\
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1191 on: October 22, 2006, 08:21:55 pm »
Hi NavyVet, I can't think of a better place than rightcheer to ask Heath questions.

I have seen about 5 Roar episodes, and I actually liked it.  Some of the sites dedicated to Heath are pretty food sources of Roar pics.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1192 on: October 22, 2006, 09:26:49 pm »
I finally rented The Order-didn't hate it, didn't love BUT Heath is, by far, the lovliest that I've ever seen him. I don't know if it's this crazy love or it the props go to him but I find him so believable in his dramatic roles. It's hard to be objective and separate the actor from the acting but I see so much in HAL.

O0

Heathen

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1193 on: October 22, 2006, 09:58:47 pm »
Just wondering:  Has anyone seen 'Roar'?  It's out on DVD.

And does anyone have any Heath pics from that?

Thanx

I have a couple, one I bought on ebay awhile ago--but no way to post them up on this site, sorry.

I think in past pages of this thread you can find some--but I couldn't tell you which pages, sorry.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1194 on: October 22, 2006, 09:59:47 pm »
*peeking head around corner*

Um ... wasn't sure which thread would be most suitable for my questions.

I have several questions about Ennis/Heath in reference to BBM and/or the filming of certain scenes...
(but they're kind of ... embarrassing.)

Wondering if I should just put them out here to y'all.

:-\
I put up sort of an answer to your E/E thread question about the cliff scene a JFYI answer-they may delete it, cause it was sort of off topic, not too BBM, but to the LS series.

Well the least we  all here can say is we don't have a clue--so who knows if we can answer them???
won't know till you decide to ask.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 10:13:35 pm by ranchgal »

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1195 on: October 24, 2006, 05:43:56 am »
Interesting idea - can anyone find a non-BBM photo of Heath where he has an Ennis look about him.  I'm roving through my mental collection and I can't think of any.  I can remember some moments in films where he says, "Hunh," or does the little head shake, but not where he reallly looks like Ennis.  Can anyone come up with one?

But what does Ennis look like? Heath seemed to look like a different person with each change of scene.

Judge for yourself.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:50:31 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1196 on: October 24, 2006, 06:49:16 am »
But what does Ennis look like? Heath seemed to look like a different person with each change of scene.

I completely agree that Ennis looks different in various scenes, and yet, you know it's Ennis in all scenes - not a look-alike, or a relative... However, you cannot deny that there is NO Ennis in any of Heath's other pics. All we have (well those of us who LOVE Ennis) is in this movie of ours, cause we're never ever gonna see any more of Ennis. Heath did such a masterful job of portraying Ennis, that we have only BBM to admire the looks of the character. I've said it before, Jake/Jack fans are lucky - they have lots of other sources of images of their icon because he looks like Jake in all his movies (just saw Jarhead last night - [didn't much care for it])

I'm a BIG fan of Ennis (as many of you already know) not so much of Heath - the two are very seperate entities - guess that's why this is my first post on this thread ....
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1197 on: October 24, 2006, 08:11:22 am »
I'm a BIG fan of Ennis (as many of you already know) not so much of Heath - the two are very seperate entities - guess that's why this is my first post on this thread ....

I tend to agree with you Roland, I am much the same.....I absolutely adore Ennis, but even though I am an Aussie like Heath, I am not a huge fan of his. When I see photos of Heath, I cant see any of Ennis in him, yet when I see Jake, I always see Jack there too.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1198 on: October 24, 2006, 09:33:49 am »
I completely agree that Ennis looks different in various scenes, and yet, you know it's Ennis in all scenes - not a look-alike, or a relative... However, you cannot deny that there is NO Ennis in any of Heath's other pics. All we have (well those of us who LOVE Ennis) is in this movie of ours, cause we're never ever gonna see any more of Ennis. Heath did such a masterful job of portraying Ennis, that we have only BBM to admire the looks of the character. I've said it before, Jake/Jack fans are lucky - they have lots of other sources of images of their icon because he looks like Jake in all his movies (just saw Jarhead last night - [didn't much care for it])

It is said that Heath was spotted in "Monster's Ball" and was immediately identified as "Ennis" - so maybe you will find echoes of him there. Others reckon that Heath  virtually "channelled" Ennis so maybe that's why he has reverted to being just Heath!  I see echoes of Ennis in the way Heath moodily fidgets in interviews, clearly uncomfortable at the intrusion into his personal space.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:35:26 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #1199 on: October 24, 2006, 01:37:59 pm »
Hey guys! I'm just an occasional lurker on this thread, but coffeecat posted this on the PT and I wondered if she'd posted it here too (probably has, but where's the harm? :P). Now Heath doesn't do it for me like Jake does (please don't lynch me!), but man, he looks BEAUTIFUL in this one!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:39:44 pm by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!