Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3703014 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1440 on: December 13, 2006, 08:42:36 pm »
Oh, a Heath/Jake debate! I love Jake Gyllenhaal, I fantisize about Jake Gyllenhaal but the fanaticism that surrounds him completely turns me off. I used to frequent JJJ but now I can't stand it. I am a Heathen because of his talent. It has always been Ennis for me. Jake is also talented but I think for his followers it's more about the pretty. Heath is sometimes pretty, sometimes not. Sometimes eloquent sometimes not. Sometimes cordial and outgoing sometimes not. He is a real person, in my eyes, not a Hollywood property. That is what I am drawn to.

I would sometimes like to see more media around him but most times not.

O0
(and I've been dying to get that off my chest!)

Heathen

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1441 on: December 14, 2006, 12:27:33 pm »
We had a poll: Are you a Heathen or a Gyllenhaalic?

53 % voted Jake
23% voted Heath
22% voted both equally

See? Statistically the Jake thread should have more than twice as much posts as the Heath thread. But what we Heathens lack in number, we catch up in enthusiasm  ;)

But don't ask me why there are so much more Jake fans than for Heath  :o ?

And Leslie has a good point. Much more Jake pics out there in the endless  www.

The poll is here:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2309.0

maybe Heathens don't like to vote in polls?
 ::)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

moremojo

« Reply #1442 on: December 14, 2006, 12:31:53 pm »
I am a Heathen because of his talent. It has always been Ennis for me.
I am an Ennis man, myself. And I will always appreciate and honor the incredibly talented actor who brought that weathered ranch hand so compellingly to life.

But I wouldn't exactly describe myself as a Heathen, as I don't see much of Ennis in Heath outside the context of BBM. I check back here from time to time to update myself on the cool photos and info, but Ennis remains elusive and ever so far away. I have realized that I have to look within my own heart to even begin to heal that broken man.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1443 on: December 14, 2006, 05:10:18 pm »
but Ennis remains elusive and ever so far away

He does doesn't he??

I try to see Ennis in lots of Heath photos, and yep, he ain't really there.  You're right about the looking in your heart part, too.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1444 on: December 14, 2006, 11:29:21 pm »
I have never seen Ennis in Heath or Heath in Ennis. That is the wonder of it all. To have an actor so define a character that the character exists independent of the actor.

I had never given Heath Ledger a second thought until Brokeback Moutain-now a day doesn't go by that I don't give him a thought.

O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1445 on: December 17, 2006, 06:25:52 pm »
Some new Heath pictures! Apparently his father just got remarried...a waterfront wedding in Perth, Australia. 180 guests and Heath and Michelle were in attendance:

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1446 on: December 17, 2006, 06:43:50 pm »
Gee, Leslie.......we didnt even get this news here...(well, not that I read anyway)......where?....when?......why?.........need more info......

And love the pics.....he does look hansome doesnt he....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1447 on: December 18, 2006, 09:16:41 pm »
quite dapper :-*

O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1448 on: December 19, 2006, 11:07:13 am »
Details on the wedding:

HOLLYWOOD star Heath Ledger and actress girlfriend Michelle Williams were among 180 guests at his father's waterfront Perth wedding.
The couple, with the bridal party, arrived in a vintage stretch Dodge at Aqua Viva event centre on the Nedlands foreshore shortly before 5pm.

The Swan River venue was a closely-guarded secret for the wedding reception for Kim Heath and his mystery bride.

Security patrolled the jetty leading to the restaurant from mid-afternoon yesterday but the only onlookers were a group of surprised fishermen cleaning a giant samson fish.

Ledger, wearing a dark suit on a scorching Perth day, looked relaxed and even stopped to take photos outside the restaurant.

There was no sign of the couple's year-old daughter Matilda.

Surprised kitchen staff, who were not told who the reception was for, peered out a back door as the VIP party arrived.

Manager Christian Tinelli confirmed that the venue was fully booked on Friday night, but he was unable to give details of the bash.

"We do have a wedding tonight,'' he said on Friday, taking a break from a busy week of preparations.

"We can seat 180 and they'll be taking the whole venue.

"It's a sit-down dinner but we can't divulge any more.''

The venue was such a closely guarded secret that even the guests were kept in the dark.

After the wedding, they were whisked to the secret location by bus.

The groom's Hollywood heart-throb son was seen jetting into Perth this week with Williams, his Brokeback Mountain co-star, and their baby daughter.

According to its website, Acqua Viva offers a choice of seafood and meat dishes including pan-fried salmon fillet, grilled pink snapper and herb-crusted lamb rack.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1449 on: December 19, 2006, 01:49:34 pm »
Thanks, Leslie.  Did anyone else get the thought that it would be cool if this was really Heath and Michelle's wedding?  They did get a marriage license in Brooklyn recently.
Ich bin ein Brokie...