Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3701529 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1500 on: January 07, 2007, 03:00:50 pm »
staff were about to turn him away for looking too casual.

"He was scruffy as an old dog, with his face hidden under a cap,'' a fellow diner says.

"But once they realised, all was forgiven and they got silver-service treatment.''

Much as I love Heath -- particularly scraggly Heath! -- the populist in me can't help being annoyed that a movie star instantly gets silver-service treatment while a non-celebrity would have been turned away.  >:(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1501 on: January 07, 2007, 04:47:47 pm »
Much as I love Heath -- particularly scraggly Heath! -- the populist in me can't help being annoyed that a movie star instantly gets silver-service treatment while a non-celebrity would have been turned away.  >:(

Couldn't agree more. It's NOT fair  >:(. I don't approve the shown double-standard here.

In general, I don't approve of snotnosed restaurants or hotels with clothing standards. I don't go there on principle, no matter how dressed up I am.
But I have to admit that I don't know how widespread such establishments are in the US or Australia. In Germany there are fine restaurants without clothing standards. And usually I do dress up when I go there - but it's my decision, not the restaurant's. I just can't stand being forced to wear any specific kind of clothes and I have a problem with uniforms. Once I didn't take a job becuse I would have had to wear a uniform.

Back to Heath:

Did we already have this round-belly-picture with Abby Cornish? I think it's funny:

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1502 on: January 07, 2007, 05:24:08 pm »
Ha ha, ya gotta be fast to beat us Heathens! LOL

Too bad there wasn't a picture with that story though.

Gotcha!!!......well at least I can be good for somethin'......there was a picture with the story......here it is.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1503 on: January 07, 2007, 05:26:23 pm »
Gotcha!!!......well at least I can be good for somethin'......there was a picture with the story......here it is.....

OK - now I'm confused.  The article implies that it was Heath who was scraggly.  To me, they're both dressed way down!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1504 on: January 07, 2007, 05:33:14 pm »
Yes both dressed very casually................

I guess, it depends where the restaurant is, and what time of day or night it is, for some kind of dress code to be appropriate.

Now, if it was an outdoor seaside restaurant during the day, they would probably fit in with the rest of the diners, but if it was an evening date, then they probably should have taken the opportunity, like most of us do, and put on some nicer clothes for the occassion.

From my experience with restaurants over here, there are generally no strict dress codes, just a bit of common sense and what fits the surroundings...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1505 on: January 07, 2007, 05:40:12 pm »
just a bit of common sense and what fits the surroundings...

I sometimes doubt Heath has any common sense regarding clothing  ;). And I love this about him.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1506 on: January 07, 2007, 05:48:34 pm »

I dont think it was because he was a movie star that they changed their mind about letting him in......it was more that they knew he could PAY for his meal......lets face it, the restaurant is not gonna let someone in, who looks like they dont have the money to dress properly, let alone pay for their meal.....

My opinion is, is Heath and Michelle want to dress like they are living in the "poor house" then they have to suffer the consequences...........

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1507 on: January 07, 2007, 09:33:30 pm »

I love that picture - good for his jawline.  He looks casual to me, not scruffy or scraggly...
 :)

As far as looking like you can pay for your meal... well, just cause you like you got money, don't mean you do, and vice versa... we all know about judging books by their covers, lol...
 ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 09:37:17 pm by notBastet »
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1508 on: January 08, 2007, 03:17:11 am »
OK - now I'm confused.  The article implies that it was Heath who was scraggly.  To me, they're both dressed way down!

Yes, but do we know that picture was taken on the very day/night they went to the restaurant? It looks more like a generic picture of the two looking scruffy, picked from the files to illustrate this story about him being scruffy. Surely not even Heath (let alone Michelle!) would show up at a fancy restaurant in cutoffs and flip-flops?!

Chrissi, in answer to your question about restaurants, I would say most genuinely nice (and classy) U.S. restaurants leave it up to the customers to figure out how they should dress, and of course most customers dress appropriately. It's more like the wannabe fancy restaurants that enforce a dress code (IMO).

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1509 on: January 08, 2007, 03:39:23 am »
By the way.....we call those "flip flops".....THONGS