Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3699701 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1530 on: January 21, 2007, 06:01:46 pm »
Cool photos, Barbara!  Thanks!  And thanks to oilgun, too.  :)

One of those links says that "Roar" will be aired on the Sci-Fi Channel starting April 2 at 10:00 PM.  Yay!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1531 on: January 21, 2007, 06:26:53 pm »
Oilgun!  It is GREAT to see you here.  I have read many, many of your posts at IMDb.

Thanks for the warm welcome Ellemeno.  And thanks again to Goada for the motherlode of Roar screen cap sites.( I won't need flannel sheets tonight!)

The BbM board at IMDb is pretty much finished I'm afraid but I have to say it had a good run.  Now, the interesting posts are few and far between.  And as far as the Heath Ledger board is concerned, I think the average age of posters there is 12.  It's an endless series of "I love Heath!!!"  "Oh yeah? Well  I love him more!!!". "Worse joker ever!!".  It's mind-numbing, LOL!

Coming back here is very refreshing!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1532 on: January 21, 2007, 06:54:44 pm »
Oilgun,

Welcome, glad to have you here at Bettermost. A fellow Heathen is always a welcome addition to our little community...

Love your avatar (it was mine, for awhile). That has to be one of my most favorite pictures of our man Heath.

Hugs,

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1533 on: January 22, 2007, 01:31:13 am »
Heathledgercentral has been updating its gallery, and she has put up over 600 new pictures in the last 48 hours, including a couple hundred I think of ROAR--so if you are still looking, you may want to check out the newest addtions.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1534 on: January 22, 2007, 05:58:51 am »
Heathledgercentral has been updating its gallery, and she has put up over 600 new pictures in the last 48 hours, including a couple hundred I think of ROAR--so if you are still looking, you may want to check out the newest addtions.

Well, by Jove, there are 331 ROAR photos at HLC.  Patty, you are the Heathen's Heathen.  :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1535 on: January 22, 2007, 02:05:58 pm »
I read in my newspaper today that Heath Ledger has been named to play alongside Al Pacino in "Dali & I, The Surreal Story". He's said to play the part of Belgian Stan Lauryssens, Dali's neighbour in Cadaques, Spain. Filming would start in Spain this summer.

Stan Laureyssens wrote the book on which the screenplay is based and it's based on true facts. He was an art dealer who was involved in a scheme to sell fake works of Dali. He spent several months in a Spanish jail for this.

Heath Ledger playing a Belgian crook  :o I can't wait to see this!!

Has anyone heard anything about this story? I don't know where my newspaper got the news from, but i've checked a few websites and i can't find anything. ???
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1536 on: January 22, 2007, 02:25:41 pm »
I read in my newspaper today that Heath Ledger has been named to play alongside Al Pacino in "Dali & I, The Surreal Story". He's said to play the part of Belgian Stan Lauryssens, Dali's neighbour in Cadaques, Spain. Filming would start in Spain this summer.

Stan Laureyssens wrote the book on which the screenplay is based and it's based on true facts. He was an art dealer who was involved in a scheme to sell fake works of Dali. He spent several months in a Spanish jail for this.

Has anyone heard anything about this story? I don't know where my newspaper got the news from, but i've checked a few websites and i can't find anything. ???

No, I haven't, Fabienne, but that's an interesting little tidbit of news! I would much rather see him as a Belgian crook than the Joker, any day of the week.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1537 on: January 23, 2007, 12:48:53 am »

Sounds interesting.  Was Dali part of the scheme to sell the fake paintings, or ignorant of that?

Pacino and Heath - that's a weird combo to me.  Pacino seems to have turned into such a caricature of himself in the last few years, and now often repels me.  I'm sure Heath will still learn a lot from him.

I keep seeing Heath moving toward a future as a director.  So all he can learn as he goes is great.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1538 on: January 23, 2007, 02:42:52 am »
Sounds interesting.  Was Dali part of the scheme to sell the fake paintings, or ignorant of that?

I don't think so. He was too old to be capable of painting by then. It was more his entourage who decided that the shop had to keep running so to speak.

I hope Heath will be confirmed for this part. It would be great to see then together on the big screen. IMDB only has Pacino confirmed. Stan Lauryssens was obliviously thrilled that Pacino has signed on.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1539 on: January 23, 2007, 10:38:54 pm »
Roux, are there really 102" TV's?  Or did you just look at the number of this page?  ;D

Yep, it just came out this year.

O0

Heathen