Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3968392 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7030 on: January 08, 2009, 04:41:09 am »
Monika, that video is from Heath's friends from The Masses. It's a great tribute (and it still gets me every time how abrupt the music ends, and how sadly fitting it is).

Good morning Heathens :)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7031 on: January 08, 2009, 06:30:46 am »

Good morning!

Truly beautiful video and stunning music! I love how tiny bits are filmed backwards.
I wish we could go back and turn back time.. to undo the events of January 22nd...

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline optom3

« Reply #7032 on: January 08, 2009, 08:00:24 am »
lovely pics everyone.  I have seen the video before, but I love it, the music, Heath, all of it.  I still wish it did not hurt so much, especially hearing his voice for some reason and of course him with Matilda. Jam I feel is not going to be one of my better months/ I thinkI might hibernate around the 21st onwards for a few days.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7033 on: January 08, 2009, 08:08:57 pm »
I had not seen this before.
Video info from YouTube:
"Rare videos and pictures from behind the scenes of the music videos Heath directed as well as footage of Heath fooling around, surfing, talking to camera and playing in the pool with Matilda. A beautiful video."

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This montage was put together by his friends at The Masses.  In it, you can see hiim directing "Morning Yearning," the Ben Harper video; as Gil said, "Black Dog," by Nick Drake; an image of Heath throwing Matilda up in the air in a swimming pool.  I wish I knew what the one with the woman in the broad-brimmed hat is.  I think they did a really wonderful job with it.

http://wearethemasses.com/

(I started this post last night, and then got distracted.  I see Chrissi wrote basically the same thing.)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7034 on: January 09, 2009, 04:26:48 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7035 on: January 09, 2009, 07:18:32 am »
Heath won a Critic's Choice Award for TDK. Chris Nolan accepted it on Heath's behalf:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7036 on: January 09, 2009, 07:19:44 am »

(at least one pic without watermark)

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hsZj8mx3vyIMq69IOrawiVfRp6ywD95JDV9O0

"The Dark Knight" also won a pair of trophies: best action movie and best supporting actor for Heath Ledger. The crowd rose to its feet as the film's director, Christopher Nolan, accepted the award for Ledger.

"I can't presume to speak for him. His voice was as unique as it was original," said Nolan, adding that working with the actor "was one of the greatest experiences any of us ever had or will have."

"His contributions to cinema should be greatly appreciated," Nolan said, "so thanks for this appreciation."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7037 on: January 09, 2009, 07:51:59 am »
TDK won big at the People's Choice Awards. It took all five awards it was nominated for. One was for Heath and Christan Bale, as best match.

"On behalf of all of the cast, thank you very much to the fans," Bale said. "Here's to Heath."

Here's a video of the TDK tribute at the awards show:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16517.msg462915.html#msg462915

(MiLan already posted about it in the Remembrance Forum, but I wanted to at least metnion it here.)

Offline BelAir

« Reply #7038 on: January 09, 2009, 07:12:14 pm »

This montage was put together by his friends at The Masses.  In it, you can see hiim directing "Morning Yearning," the Ben Harper video; as Gil said, "Black Dog," by Nick Drake; an image of Heath throwing Matilda up in the air in a swimming pool.  I wish I knew what the one with the woman in the broad-brimmed hat is.  I think they did a really wonderful job with it.

http://wearethemasses.com/

(I started this post last night, and then got distracted.  I see Chrissi wrote basically the same thing.)

god, he's beautiful. 

I officially got permission to have the day off on 1/22.

Haven't exactly decided what I will do.  Under consideration - watching Heath movies all day long, having no electronic stimulation whatsoever all day long...

Other ideas?
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7039 on: January 09, 2009, 08:59:21 pm »

Load up on tissues.........?

Beautiful mind