Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3700646 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #280 on: June 25, 2006, 04:28:47 pm »
I just have to reply to this one, so I can have this gorgeous image of young Ennis in my post archive, for easier reference. Such a handsome cowboy...ah, to be nineteen, in Wyoming, in 1963 (sigh)... :-\

P.S. Many happy returns on your birthday anniversary, Milli!

Very truly,
 :)
Scott

Thank you for the wishes Scott!!  :)

Just fer ya:  ;)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2006, 02:08:15 pm »

Heath Ledger spoke recently with Fade In magazine about his upcoming role in Brokeback Mountain and some of the complexities he saw in the character of Ennis:

"It was a story I thought would be good to tell. The script was probably the best one [I have] ever read and Ang Lee is a good director. The story is beautiful, though a lttle hard to explain without giving it away. I loved the struggle of the character I was playing; a guy who had so much hatred for himself. There was this love he felt that made him a hypocrite. He was this homophobic guy who found himself in love with another man. There were so many interesting complex characteristics that made this person so interesting."

He also spoke about how a mainstream audience might react to his performance:

"I try not to think globally about my performance. I'm not performing to suit any audience. I wouldn't want to categorize my performance either. I've always tried to forget what might happen if an audience saw this thing I'm doing, what would happen if someone feels your pain or sees you baring your soul. You put yourself in these complex and vulnerable positions, and the only way you can be brave enough to do so is to not predetermine your performance."

O0

Heathen

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2006, 02:13:05 pm »
I always hold my breath whenever I read interviews with Heath -- afraid he'll say something that will make me think differently about the movie or about him -- but that NEVER happens. He is always very eloquent and cool.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2006, 02:15:57 pm »

Heath Ledger spoke recently with Fade In magazine about his upcoming role in Brokeback Mountain and some of the complexities he saw in the character of Ennis:

"It was a story I thought would be good to tell. The script was probably the best one [I have] ever read and Ang Lee is a good director. The story is beautiful, though a lttle hard to explain without giving it away. I loved the struggle of the character I was playing; a guy who had so much hatred for himself. There was this love he felt that made him a hypocrite. He was this homophobic guy who found himself in love with another man. There were so many interesting complex characteristics that made this person so interesting."

He also spoke about how a mainstream audience might react to his performance:

"I try not to think globally about my performance. I'm not performing to suit any audience. I wouldn't want to categorize my performance either. I've always tried to forget what might happen if an audience saw this thing I'm doing, what would happen if someone feels your pain or sees you baring your soul. You put yourself in these complex and vulnerable positions, and the only way you can be brave enough to do so is to not predetermine your performance."

O0

Oh wow, Ruby, I just wrote something about this in my Daily Meditations - the baring of the soul I mean.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #284 on: June 28, 2006, 10:26:08 am »
I know we have wondered if Heath, Jake, et al. hang out on the Internet and read the stuff that is posted about them. I just got this from the Daily Sheet at davecullen.com

Quote of the Day:  Heath Speaks About His Friendship With Jake

Our quote of the day is borrowed from Heath Ledger Central, where members are fairly certain that this poster, going by the screen name HAL, who joined Monday at 7:07 and posted at 7:25 (history of 1 post)-- is Heath.  As in Ledger.

I have just stopped over at the Addicted To The Movie Candy blog and forum. Have you seen that place. Really cool! I love that header with the swimming pool. Fascinates me how it looks like water. Very pertinent I think too.

I wanted to thank everyone who is registering there on the forum. This project is very dear and a lot of work but it means a lot to everyone involved. Good going on joining and helping.

I hope you are all well and happy. I hope you enjoy Candy, I'm really proud of this film.

All is well and fine with me and mine and I hope the same for all of you.

Also, T asked me to address something that she says has become an issue. Yes Jake and I are really friends though neither of us gets why that is a deal and yes we see each other. You know how the press is, they never think we might just be having the same kind of friendship as anyone else, most of life is normal not a movie script and because they are not looking for the normal they don't even notice what happens right under their noses. Old Hollywood manufactured romances and friendships just don't exist past the movie set if at all. When told that it had become an issue I was really confused by it's importance. But that's the press for you. If you can't say something nice, great you will sell more publications. It's so funny.

Hope you are well and happy.

Peace
Heath

As of this writing, the following link takes you to the page where you can see the entire post (scroll to the top of the page.)
http://heathledgercentral.net/ipb/upload/index.php?showtopic=2514
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:31:01 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2006, 11:49:05 am »
I know we have wondered if Heath, Jake, et al. hang out on the Internet and read the stuff that is posted about them. I just got this from the Daily Sheet at davecullen.com

As of this writing, the following link takes you to the page where you can see the entire post (scroll to the top of the page.)
http://heathledgercentral.net/ipb/upload/index.php?showtopic=2514

yeah, but we want them to come to BetterMost! :D

PS:  on second thought, I'm not so sure this sounds like Heath:

...If you can't say something nice, great you will sell more publications. It's It's so funny.

huhmmmmm?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:56:51 am by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2006, 01:01:03 pm »
I may have posted this already, but ... ah well ... ;)
One of my fave Ennis pix:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2006, 02:15:55 am »
Our quote of the day is borrowed from Heath Ledger Central, where members are fairly certain that this poster, going by the screen name HAL, who joined Monday at 7:07 and posted at 7:25 (history of 1 post)-- is Heath.  As in Ledger.

How to know? 

It's so funny - on the left side of the page, by their profiles, it says things like, "Heathmatized," "Heathaholic," "Heath me baby one more time," and on the right side of the page they are replying to the post saying light, calm things like "Hi Heath. Nice to see you again."  "It's always a pleasure to have you stop in and say "Howdy," Heath." 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2006, 02:18:13 am »
BTW, that website says, "FINALLY! ROAR On DVD 9/19/06."

Thanks for posting, Leslie.  I had not seen this site.

vkm91941

« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2006, 02:25:31 am »
How to know? 

It's so funny - on the left side of the page, by their profiles, it says things like, "Heathmatized," "Heathaholic," "Heath me baby one more time," and on the right side of the page they are replying to the post saying light, calm things like "Hi Heath. Nice to see you again."  "It's always a pleasure to have you stop in and say "Howdy," Heath." 

No way to know...If it is Heath..It's a nice post, if it's not it's a respectful post....couldn't ask for more than that.