Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3699165 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8590 on: July 01, 2010, 03:42:43 am »
Hiya Heathens :)

Hiya Chrissi!  I've wondered before where that video was taken.  Somehow I got it in my head that it was in Marfa, TX, with The Masses.  Do you know?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8591 on: July 01, 2010, 03:43:59 am »
Few seconds is right!  I guess you gotta start somewhere.  (Though that film looks like a dog.)

He still has quite a shine and power to him though.

I got this: "The requested video can not be displayed in your region" 
 :(

:(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8592 on: July 01, 2010, 04:17:36 am »

Hiya Chrissi!  I've wondered before where that video was taken.  Somehow I got it in my head that it was in Marfa, TX, with The Masses.  Do you know?

It was taken with/from The Masses, but I think it was in Mexico.
In the article, they talked about the guys from the Masses being in Marfa together, but I think that was after Heath's passing.

Here's the link to the article again: http://www.laweekly.com/2008-07-10/film-tv/port-in-the-storm/1

Just now I notice the words in the link "port-in-the-storm". I like that.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8593 on: July 01, 2010, 04:31:10 am »
Found this in the article:

“Heath just kind of came in one day and said, ‘Let’s get an RV and go to Mexico,’” recounts Cline. “I said, ‘Heath, we have a company to run, and those are working days.’ And he said, ‘But it’s our company, and we can do whatever we want.’”

Over the next week, the dozen camped on the beach, surfed during the day and cooked and talked through the night. Recalls Cline: “It was free. We had only ever existed in L.A. together, and there was always a sort of nervous energy to Heath in the city. Every time he’d walk down the street, he’d get recognized, and he felt maybe a little restricted by that. [Mexico] was a place where nobody knew where the fuck he was, and it was very liberating for him. And I think it was liberating for all of us.”

I think the parts of the video of Heath with the camera and in front of the fire are from that trip.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8594 on: July 01, 2010, 05:25:49 am »
Found this in the article:

“Heath just kind of came in one day and said, ‘Let’s get an RV and go to Mexico,’” recounts Cline. “I said, ‘Heath, we have a company to run, and those are working days.’ And he said, ‘But it’s our company, and we can do whatever we want.’”

Over the next week, the dozen camped on the beach, surfed during the day and cooked and talked through the night. Recalls Cline: “It was free. We had only ever existed in L.A. together, and there was always a sort of nervous energy to Heath in the city. Every time he’d walk down the street, he’d get recognized, and he felt maybe a little restricted by that. [Mexico] was a place where nobody knew where the fuck he was, and it was very liberating for him. And I think it was liberating for all of us.”

I think the parts of the video of Heath with the camera and in front of the fire are from that trip.

:-*  Thank you!  :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8595 on: July 01, 2010, 02:06:37 pm »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8596 on: July 05, 2010, 08:22:14 am »
Hey Heathens :)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8597 on: July 05, 2010, 09:32:44 am »
That's a sweet one, Chrissy.  If only we could see behind those eyes...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #8598 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:19 am »

I love this quote.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8599 on: July 06, 2010, 02:59:07 am »

I love this quote.

Me too.