Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3699536 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8790 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:19 pm »
Depending on further information about Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life, which just got the Palme D'Or at Cannes, there is a reasonable chance I may see it at some point.  Whereas if Heath had been in it, as was a definite at one point, it would have been a maddening waiting game it it was released.  And after I do see it, it will be impossible for me not to try to imagine how it might have been transformed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Lhv7VdnpA

:-* thank you

:'(

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8791 on: May 23, 2011, 02:19:32 pm »
Whereas if Heath had been in it, as was a definite at one point, it would have been a maddening waiting game it it was released.  And after I do see it, it will be impossible for me not to try to imagine how it might have been transformed...

Yes, one of the last vestiges of our Heath in the film world, the role that might have been.  :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8792 on: May 23, 2011, 04:23:13 pm »
Yes, one of the last vestiges of our Heath in the film world, the role that might have been.  :'(

:'(

Did you listen to the interview?

"[...]I'm doing The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and then I'm doing the Terrence Malick movie right after that, Tree of Life, and then I'll drop dead to the ground (laughs) for a year. And hibernate."

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #8793 on: May 24, 2011, 12:03:28 am »
((((Heath))))

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #8794 on: May 27, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »
Does anybody know which part Heath had been cast to play in Terence Malik's "The Tree of Life" which has recently been awarded the Palme D'Or at Cannes? Apparently, as H. Andrew's YouTube clip shows, he was scheduled to start filming  it after completing "The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus". Of course, that was no to be, but I find it pleasing to think of him as being part of that film's success.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:42:10 pm by chowhound »

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #8795 on: May 29, 2011, 03:58:29 pm »
Does anybody know which part Heath had been cast to play in Terence Malik's "The Tree of Life" which has recently been awarded the Palme D'Or at Cannes? Apparently, as H. Andrew's YouTube clip shows, he was scheduled to start filming  it after completing "The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus". Of course, that was no to be, but I find it pleasing to think of him as being part of that film's success.

The answer, apparently, is Mr. O'Brien, the part played by Brad Pitt. I'll no doubt bear that in mind when I get to see the movie.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8796 on: June 07, 2011, 07:37:17 pm »
I received something amazing in the mail today:  a friend is traveling in Australia, went to Perth, and sent me a little zip bag of sand from Cottesloe Beach.  Thank you, James, for the tears and for your friendship.  :-*

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ExkW8kPr5U[/youtube]

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8797 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07:21 pm »
Something strange occurred to me the other night while I was trying to fall asleep.  When they announced on the 6 o'clock news Jan 22, 2008 that Heath had passed away, I was over taking care of my mother and had made lasagna and sides for our dinner.  The odd part that didn't occur to me until now is that when I stood up at the announcement and dropped my tray and started screaming 'No' over and over again, I had been nibbling on TEXAS toast, dipped in the RANCH dressing of my salad.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.......
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8798 on: June 08, 2011, 12:49:21 am »
I received something amazing in the mail today:  a friend is traveling in Australia, went to Perth, and sent me a little zip bag of sand from Cottesloe Beach.  Thank you, James, for the tears and for your friendship.  :-*

Congrats on this wonderful friend, Paul. This is such an endearing thing to do. Melts my heart. :)

I'll be in Sctotland soon. Since I will probably never make it to Australia in this life, I will visist the town in Scotland instead. Perth, Aus was of course named after Perth, Scotland.
The things you do ...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8799 on: June 08, 2011, 09:25:42 am »

I'll be in Sctotland soon. Since I will probably never make it to Australia in this life, I will visist the town in Scotland instead. Perth, Aus was of course named after Perth, Scotland.
The things you do ...

Indeed.  8)  8)  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...