Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3701327 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8800 on: June 09, 2011, 12:21:52 am »
Depending on further information about Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life, which just got the Palme D'Or at Cannes, there is a reasonable chance I may see it at some point.  Whereas if Heath had been in it, as was a definite at one point, it would have been a maddening waiting game it it was released.  And after I do see it, it will be impossible for me not to try to imagine how it might have been transformed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Lhv7VdnpA

I went to see Midnight in Paris, the new Woody Allen movie the other day, and there was a preview for Tree of Life.  I also felt sad watching it.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #8801 on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:59 am »

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #8802 on: June 10, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »
I received something amazing in the mail today:  a friend is traveling in Australia, went to Perth, and sent me a little zip bag of sand from Cottesloe Beach.  Thank you, James, for the tears and for your friendship.  :-*

Wow. What a wonderful and thoughtful gesture.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8803 on: July 15, 2011, 08:52:13 pm »

I don't know where exactly to post this... so I thought of this thread.  Lately, here in Pittsburgh there's a lot of talk about the filming of the new Batman movie (casting calls, the arrival of the Batmobile in town!  :o  The Batmobile story was actually on the local news tonight), and of course all I can think of is Heath whenever that topic comes up.

It feels so strange to have had Jake and Anne film a movie here not too long ago, and now the new Batman movie.  It's like aspects of BBM are sort of coming to visit me in town.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8804 on: July 16, 2011, 03:58:04 am »
I don't know where exactly to post this... so I thought of this thread.  Lately, here in Pittsburgh there's a lot of talk about the filming of the new Batman movie (casting calls, the arrival of the Batmobile in town!  :o  The Batmobile story was actually on the local news tonight), and of course all I can think of is Heath whenever that topic comes up.

Aww... :)

It feels so strange to have had Jake and Anne film a movie here not too long ago, and now the new Batman movie.  It's like aspects of BBM are sort of coming to visit me in town.

That's a nice thought and such a lovely way to put it. :) :) :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8805 on: July 17, 2011, 03:20:34 pm »
Thanks Chrissi. :)

So, I'm back again to ask all you Heathens for advice about finding photos that you all think show Heath's tattoos the best/ most clearly.  This thread is so huge, it would take forever to go through the whole thing to find good examples.

Thanks!

Offline carolina

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • it could be like this. just like this. always.
« Reply #8806 on: July 28, 2011, 02:29:03 am »
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in quite a while, but I've been missing Heath a lot lately and thought it'd be cathartic to post here.

I've been missing Heath so much lately. It seemed random, but I guess it's because of all this talk of Amy Winehouse dying so young. I'm not usually too affected by celebrity deaths, but Heath's hit me so hard because it seemed out of nowhere. I know it makes people angry, but seriously, I could not manage to be surprised about Amy Winehouse. Actually, I was more shocked to hear the rumor about Hugh Hefner dying a week or two ago and he's like three times her age, so that's not right.

I vividly remember my sister texting me about Heath while I was in class and my jaw just dropped. The only thing I could think about were all those other celebrities out there actively abusing themselves and not contributing all that much to their art, why couldn't it have been one of them. I know that sounds mean, but it's all I could think in the moment.

I hate that Heath gets lumped in with all the "drug abusers" when at the time he was just sick and suffering from insomnia. All he wanted to do was find peace and rest and I guess he did, but it isn't the same to me as Amy Winehouse or these other people. He had more to do, I know that he wouldn't purposely leave his daughter or his work.

He seemed like such a gentle soul to me and maybe that's why I connected with him more than any other celebrity. People say it's stupid to be that affected by the death of someone you've never even known, but I can't agree. Actors, good ones, like Heath, do touch us in a way that is very real and I don't see what's wrong with grieving the loss of that kind of talent. So, in conclusion, still thinking of you, Heath. RIP.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #8807 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:31 am »
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in quite a while, but I've been missing Heath a lot lately and thought it'd be cathartic to post here.

I've been missing Heath so much lately. It seemed random, but I guess it's because of all this talk of Amy Winehouse dying so young. I'm not usually too affected by celebrity deaths, but Heath's hit me so hard because it seemed out of nowhere. I know it makes people angry, but seriously, I could not manage to be surprised about Amy Winehouse. Actually, I was more shocked to hear the rumor about Hugh Hefner dying a week or two ago and he's like three times her age, so that's not right.

I vividly remember my sister texting me about Heath while I was in class and my jaw just dropped. All I could think about were all those other celebrities out there actively abusing themselves and not contributing all that much to their art, why couldn't it have been one of them. I know that sounds mean, but it's all I could think in the moment.

I hate that Heath gets lumped in with all the "drug abusers" when at the time he was just sick and suffering from insomnia. All he wanted to do was find peace and rest and I guess he did, but it isn't the same to me as Amy Winehouse or these other people. He had more to do, I know that he wouldn't purposely leave his daughter or his work.

He seemed like such a gentle soul to me and maybe that's why I connected with him more than any other celebrity. People say it's stupid to be that affected by the death of someone you've never even known, but I can't agree. Actors, good ones, like Heath, do touch us in a way that is very real and I don't see what's wrong with grieving the loss of that kind of talent. So, in conclusion, still thinking of you, Heath. RIP.

:-*

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8808 on: July 28, 2011, 10:28:12 am »
Carolina, thanks for saying what I feel and what I'm sure everyone here feels about Heath.  It's true that Amy Winehouse's passing has brought him to mind more often lately.  I'll always miss him and regret what might have been.

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8809 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »
I still can't believe the new Dark Knight movie is filmming here. Today there was a big press conference with Nolan and the actors. And, a friend of mine saw a Gotham cab across the street from her work.   Also still can't believe how many tangentially related films have been made in Pittsburgh in the last few years.

Still looking for good pics of Heath's tattoos. Thanks in advance to Heathens with a better knowledge of Heath photos than me. :)