Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3699521 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8880 on: June 04, 2012, 10:42:57 am »
Christian Bale teary over Ledger footage

Monday, 4 June 2012

Christian Bale broke down after watching footage of his late friend Heath Ledger at the MTV Movie Awards.

The actor visibly struggled to hold back tears when a montage of clips from the first two Batman movies showed the tragic actor in his role as The Joker at last night's ceremony.

Christian has portrayed the caped crusader in all of the three Christopher Nolan movies and struck up a friendship with Ledger on the set of the second instalment The Dark Knight.

Christian was on stage to present the movie montage alongside Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt when he was overwhelmed by emotion. "It's great to see Heath Ledger up there," he said tearfully after the clips were aired.

The 38-year-old Golden Globe winner then stepped away from the microphone and lowered his head to lead a moment of silence for his late friend.

Oscar winner Heath was found dead in his hotel room after a suspected overdose of subscription medication in January 2008.

"Heath was infectious; his death makes me angry because I know our friendship would have blossomed had he not died," Bale said at the time.

© Cover Media

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/christian-bale-teary-over-ledger-footage-16167883.html#ixzz1wpsFLEt4

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8881 on: June 04, 2012, 01:58:45 pm »
Aw, that makes me like Christian Bale much more than I had before.  I can certainly relate.  :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #8882 on: June 04, 2012, 02:59:29 pm »
Heath, and missing Heath, seems to be in the air this week. A couple of days ago I was reviewing the new posts on the main page and for some reason the pics of him at the bottom of the page just caused me to break down in tears. That feeling has been with me for the past few days-don't know why.

Heathen

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8883 on: June 04, 2012, 03:36:32 pm »
Aww, (((Roux))), my sweet Heathen. :-*

Not only this week, last week also. Must be something in the air. I surfed the net, looking for a specific pic of Heath, and hopped from site to side, clicking links. Suddenly I found myself on a page from a British newspaper with an obituary, from back in 08.
Didn't make it through the whole thing. When the tears came back (after a long time of not crying over Heath), I clicked away from the article.
I don't read struff from back then. Also never reread what was written here on BM, back then. I'm happy to know everything is still here, but I don't revisit.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8884 on: June 04, 2012, 03:38:30 pm »
Aw, that makes me like Christian Bale much more than I had before.  I can certainly relate.  :'(

I don't have any particular feelings or even an opinion about Christian Bale, but relate, yes. We all can.

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #8885 on: June 04, 2012, 05:10:33 pm »
aw I still miss Heath so much too.  It was nice to see him again in the Dark Knight footage

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8886 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34:06 pm »

He comes back at us in the most unusual ways.  At least he does to me.  I went the other night to see the new Snow White and the Huntsman movie.  I like Charlese Theron a great deal, and wanted to see her in that movie.  She talked a great deal about the filming of it.  Mentioning the co-stars and other features of the movie.  It peaked my interest and I went to see it.
  I found myself having to get hold of myself, in order to not cry.  The co-star Chris Hemsworth favors Heath so much, it was difficult at first not to think of hiim as Heath.  I really was astonished at how much he looks like him...He is so handsome and stunning as Heath was.  He also commands the screen while on it.  I don't really care particularly for Ms.  Stewart.  I think she kind of has a hard look to her, that keeps her from being as pretty as some have claimed.  In this movie it served her well however.  She had to play a hard ass female.  Sos she was good..

Beautiful mind

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #8887 on: June 05, 2012, 02:39:16 am »
Suddenly I found myself on a page from a British newspaper with an obituary, from back in 08.
Didn't make it through the whole thing. When the tears came back (after a long time of not crying over Heath),

It is so peculiar-I think I am done crying over him, that I just have the sweet warmth of having had him in my life in such a meaningful way, and something will pop up and knock me on a ass for a minute.

Heathen

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #8888 on: July 11, 2012, 10:39:37 am »

Christian Bale: Ledger loved Bat bike

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Christian Bale shared a mutual enjoyment for the Batcycle with the late Heath Ledger.

The star of the Batman franchise has recalled his memories of what it was like driving the superhero's vehicles on set. Although he never got the chance to "fly the Bat" himself, Bale shared in former Ledger's enjoyment of the "incredible bike". The late actor portrayed The Joker in 2008's The Dark Knight.

"I never got to fly the bat but it was a hell of a thrill just to sit on it, it's an incredible bike" he recalled to radio show hosts Kyle and Jackie O.

"My compatriot Heath enjoyed that too. He never got to do it in the movie, but a couple of times in the outtakes he got the chance to do so".

Bale went on to discuss his other memories of late Australian actor Ledger. The star died in January 2008, before he could complete the series of Batman films.

"I have absolutely wonderful memories [of him]," Bale said. "I'm very proud I got to know him as a friend".

Bale continued with an emotional summary of the legacy left by Ledger.

"He is as much a part of The Dark Knight Rises as he was The Dark Knight," he insisted. "I see it as one continuous movie. He creates a wonderful portrayal and that will always be remembered. I am very proud to have been part of it."
Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/christian-bale-ledger-loved-bat-bike-16183720.html#ixzz20K0yhuNk
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #8889 on: August 11, 2012, 10:28:27 am »
It's nice that Christian let us in on a little inside stuff about Heath.   I didn't know he got to ride the bat bike