Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3700413 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8910 on: May 18, 2013, 11:35:52 pm »
Dont know if this will work or not.....I just found this video clip of Heath when he was in an Australian Soapie called Home and Away.......if you move the timeline to 1998...you will see a caption "Scott takes advantage of naive Sally"...click on the box and watch the video of one of Heath's earliest tv roles......

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/timeline/

If you look throught the timeline, you will also see videos of other Australian actors in early roles, before they made it big overseas.....Guy Pearce, Melissa George, Julian McMahon, Danni Minogue, Isla Fisher, Ryan Kwanten, Chris Hemsworth, and a young Leyton Hewitt in a scene with his wife to be Bec (Cartwright) Hewitt.....

Thanks for this, Sue.  Even at that early stage of his career, I can see the Heath of Brokeback.  He was a real natural.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8911 on: May 19, 2013, 06:19:39 am »
Helga posted this a while ago on FB and I liked it. Thought I'd share with you. :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8912 on: May 19, 2013, 06:29:09 am »
Dont know if this will work or not.....I just found this video clip of Heath when he was in an Australian Soapie called Home and Away.......if you move the timeline to 1998...you will see a caption "Scott takes advantage of naive Sally"...click on the box and watch the video of one of Heath's earliest tv roles......

Aw, that was a very young and sweet Heath. Thanks for sharing. :)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #8913 on: May 19, 2013, 08:31:07 am »

OMG, even in this role, so totally different, you can see so many of Ennis' facial expressions...  :-\

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8914 on: May 19, 2013, 09:06:36 am »
Very cool video!  Thanks for sharing it!

I hope it's OK that I posted it on the Planet Heath thread on DCF.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8915 on: June 14, 2013, 11:08:41 am »
From MSN this morning:

Heath Ledger scholarship gives Australian actor's career a boost

June 13, 2013, 8:36 AM EST
WENN

Australian actor James Mackay is a step closer to Hollywood after he was named the recipient of the 2013 Heath Ledger Scholarship Award on Wednesday.

The fund was set up by the Australians in Film organization in Los Angeles in memory of the late actor following his death in 2008. Mackay, who appeared in Guillermo del Toro's 2010 horror movie "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," beat out competition from 15 other actors to win the award, which includes return flights from Australia to America, a year of acting classes at a renowned theatre school in Los Angeles and $10,000 in cash.

The 28 year old was handed the honor at a dinner in L.A. on Wednesday night, following in the footsteps of previous recipients including "Dark Shadows" star Bella Heathcote and actor Ryan Corr, who is set to star in the new "Wolf Creek" sequel.

Ledger's father Kim said, "Making a start in entertainment can be a tough and unforgiving business in any country. I hope continuing this award, with its consequential connections, offers the final recipient a little extra support in their pathway to success."
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8916 on: December 29, 2013, 05:00:37 pm »
I'm watching a documentary as I'm writing this. Just waiting for the buffering, so I thought I'd hop in here and share the link with you.

It's a documentary series called "Too Young to Die" and one part is about Heath. I'm afraid it's only in German, but the interviews are of course in English, even though a German translation audio track is layered over them.
They don't share anything particularly new, but it's well-made and presented in a calm, personable way. I recommend it.

I've had this documentary recored for 1.5 years, but never could bring myself to actually watch it. Today I caught the last 10 minutes of it and then went directly on to see the whole thing. I'm glad I did (still doing, actually).

It's watchable online, stored in the networks "Mediathek". I think they store all their programs for one week there. So the link should be good for one week, but don't sue me if it's only online for a couple of days. If you're interested, you might want to be quick with watching.

Here's the link:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/2053168/Too-Young-To-Die-Heath-Ledger#/beitrag/video/2053168/Too-Young-To-Die-Heath-Ledger

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #8917 on: December 29, 2013, 06:00:38 pm »
Unfortunately it can't be watched outside of Germany.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it, Chrissi.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8918 on: December 30, 2013, 07:25:21 am »
Unfortunately it can't be watched outside of Germany.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it, Chrissi.

That's such a GBOAUS!
I'm sorry, guys. I'm looking into other possibilities of sharing it with interested Brokies.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8919 on: January 22, 2014, 03:44:48 am »

Jan, 22nd 2014