Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3749670 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #840 on: August 06, 2006, 12:45:29 am »
I've gone from somebody who, prior to February, didn't even really know who Heath Ledger was, (or Jake, for that matter) to someone who just came back from WalMart with A Knight's Tale, 10 Things..., and Monster's Ball. (And I'm supposed to be saving my money for Alberta...) My son reminded me that he has The Order (and that he is waiting for me to come upstairs to see it) and I am reallly, really liking Heath in The Lords of Dogtown. (Do y'all like to watch for signs of Ennis in other movies? I saw a couple of things - physical movements - that must be Heath, not Ennis, because they keep showing up.)

I am so pleased to see what a good actor he is in so many things, not just as Ennis (who I totally love - Jack's Ennis, of course, not Alma's). He's a real chameleon, not like some actors who are always the same person, really, no matter what role they are playing.

And he just seems to be such a nice person, period.

I'm really appreciating all the photos you guys are coming up with, (opinionista, you posted while I was typing this - omg!) and the youtube videos, as well. Thanks to everyone for all of that!

But, there is one thing that I just don't get about him. Can someone explain to me the buttoning of just one button high up on his jackets? He does that a lot, doesn't he? I don't think I'm just seeing the same photo over and over again. What is up with that?

Hi tamarack - I wish I could remember your first name (but I will soon if you stick around!)  You are telling my story.  Heath who? - prior to BBM.  Now Heath mmmm. :)

I also look for Ennis in his other roles.  I just watched The Four Feathers and saw little bits of Ennis, but only a little. 

Yes, his style of dress is often not my taste.  One Australian Brokie here, Katie, just recently assured us that Australian men DON'T dress like that. :)

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #841 on: August 06, 2006, 07:27:04 am »
I saw the subtle "head shake" (I told you, Jack, it ain't gonna be that way...) several times last night in The Order. And one leg swings around in a particular way - I always think of "Well, I guess I'll see ya around, then..." and he's moving his body off the front of Jack's truck, and his leg swings around first and the rest of his body follows it. I saw something very similar in the youtube video posted by you, clarissa, of the dance sequence from Knight's Tale (which is why I was looking for it at WalMart, btw), and also in Dogtown when he sets down a box of surfboard resin and then heads outside to find where everyone has gone. Actually, that one is much more reminiscent of the way he moved when he was running up the dry creek bed chasing the mules!

Lauren
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 07:28:59 am by tamarack »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #842 on: August 06, 2006, 11:23:23 am »
Well when you watch 10 Things---be sure to look for when Heath hits his "teacup" pose, like the one we saw him use at the award show.  IT is a common Heath pose, but not very many knew it at the time, but it shows up in 10 Things. ;D

I always call that top button look his rumply look cause it pulls his shoulders together, but in most all of his jackets, he buttons that way.
Someone told me that with his style of jacket it was the correct way to wear it, but in my opinion it makes him look like an hourglass---and is unflattering, either that or his jacket needs to be one size bigger so it doesn't pull him in so much at his top.
I wish he would button the 3rd button around the midsection, instead of the top ones, it would make him look so much better.  But somehow I doubt he ever will-LOL ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:26:58 am by ranchgal »

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #843 on: August 06, 2006, 01:13:54 pm »
Ranchgal, I just did watch 10 Things and I guess I missed the teacup pose, or at least I'm not placing it right now. What part of the movie was it, do you remember? The DVD is still in the player...

Yeah, that jacket business is so bizarre. Wasn't there some old sitcom with a character called Merkyl or Yerkyl or something like that? A young black performer with thick black glasses, too-short pants, and white socks, and he buttoned his jacket like that. That's who I think of whenever Heath does the button thing. I agree that if the jacket was at least a little bigger it wouldn't be quite so bizarre. You don't think we could get him to stop doing that, huh?  ;)

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #844 on: August 06, 2006, 01:32:09 pm »
Watch when she finds the white guitar and starts playing in the store. He doesn't hit it long, but it is long enough to see it, and seems perfectly natural for him.
It is like he stands that way when he is trying to figure what he should do next, or realizing something he didn't know before.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 01:35:45 pm by ranchgal »

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #845 on: August 06, 2006, 01:39:26 pm »
ranchgal and tamarack, you two are lively little Heathens and a wonderful addition to our community. 

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #846 on: August 06, 2006, 01:44:39 pm »
 :D thank you, it is a pleasure to be here, just sharing the love.

thanks for putting up that motorcycle picture.  I really like that one even b/w.
I get sick of such judgemental headlines, don't those jerks maybe realize he may be preparing for a role and letting things go because of it?
Heath has said he never knows what to do with his hair, and I believe him. But I think maybe that wind blown look maybe a prep for his part in I'm Not There, filming now, so the timing would be about right for him to get that 60s long hair look.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #847 on: August 06, 2006, 04:15:41 pm »
Time for a pic or two?   .. ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #848 on: August 06, 2006, 04:17:04 pm »
One more .. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing: