Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3704654 times)

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1150 on: September 26, 2006, 08:44:06 pm »
He was in Montreal for their showing of Candy---without Michelle, she was still filming---could it have been there??

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1151 on: September 26, 2006, 10:43:19 pm »
He was in Montreal for their showing of Candy---without Michelle, she was still filming---could it have been there??

Hi Patty, it's a BBM press conference with Heath, Jake, Anne, Ang, and others.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1152 on: September 27, 2006, 08:15:09 am »
Thanks, may have to go watch it, may have already seen it too?? Hard to remember. LOL

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1153 on: September 27, 2006, 08:16:23 am »
Another article about Candy:

2006 CALGARY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
HARD CANDY
Jim Slotek
Sun Media
September 27, 2006 

It turns out heroin and sex have one thing in common, at least in the world of movie censors— penetration is a no-no.

“I did one scene they didn’t end up using,” says Heath Ledger of the junkie-romance Candy, which has its Alberta premiere September 28 at the Globe Theatre.

“It was near the end of the movie when I inject again (after being clean). There was a shot that we had, a tight shot of my arm, and I slipped the needle in and pulled back until you saw the blood, and then they went off it onto my face.

“I actually injected. It had water colour and sugar in it.

“And then we found out that was the difference between a (Mature) rating and an R. The penetration. When it looked like it was going in and it didn’t really go in, that was okay.”

Based on a best-selling novel by Australian Luke Davies, Candy is the story of a junkie poet (Ledger) and his artist girlfriend Candy (Abbie Cornish) and their descent.

Ledger was at TIFF last year with another tragic romance you might have heard of called Brokeback Mountain.
Ledger followed it with the romantic comedy Casanova.

“That’s why I had the energy to be dark again, because I’d been in Venice drinking too much wine and eating.”

By way of research, he says “Abbie and I went to this narcotics users association in Australia, and we met a guy who’d been addicted to heroin for, like, 20 years. He took a prosthetic arm with veins and blood bags and showed us how to find the vein.

“I’ve smoked pot before, and I know what it feels like to be high. But I’ve never been addicted to anything other than cigarettes.”

Candy is the first Australian movie Ledger has been in for eight years — a long time to bury his Aussie accent.

“I’m constantly looking for material in Australia … It’s so liberating to perform without an accent. But all the good writers and filmmakers in Australia get swept up and go to Hollywood.

“So we’re kind of left with the very fresh and up-and-coming filmmakers.”

Candy marked a hiatus of another sort as well. It was the last movie Ledger would do for 18 months — a paternity leave he breaks when he starts filming Todd Haynes’ Bob Dylan-inspired surrealist movie I’m Not There with Michelle Williams, his fiancee and mother of their 11-month-old daughter Matilda.

Come January, he starts playing the Joker, in Christopher Nolan’s next Batman film The Dark Knight.

“It’s definitely going to stump people. I think it’ll be more along the lines of how the Joker was meant to be in the comics, darker and more sinister.”
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1154 on: September 27, 2006, 08:49:52 am »
Quotes from Leslies article:

“And then we found out that was the difference between a (Mature) rating and an R. The penetration. When it looked like it was going in and it didn’t really go in, that was okay.”

*shake my head* canting - but funny

another tragic romance you might have heard of called Brokeback Mountain

:laugh: Yep, we've heard  :laugh:

Thank your for this article, Leslie. It's interesting and funny. Right the first sentence is great.

We all know this pic, but I think it wasn't on this thread yet (?). And I looooove it. So here we go:

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1155 on: September 30, 2006, 12:51:43 pm »
Heathbaby-

I traveled all the way to the east coast from CA and hoped to see you while in New York. Time got tight yesterday and I didn't make it to Brooklyn. Please forgive me for not stopping by as I know you were so looking forward to a glass of wine with me-as I was with you. I promise to make sure to set aside some time for you on my next visit. Give Meryl and Jenny hugs from me next time you see them and don't let Jenny drink before sings.

Holding you in my heart,

your Roux

O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1156 on: October 01, 2006, 08:48:03 am »
I FINALLY saw "10 Things I Hate About You" on TV last night. It was cute. A definite teen movie but then I have a weakness for teen movies. Heath was cute although his hair wasn't my favorite still. Still, there were lots of great Heath smiles and mannerisms. What a kisser, though. He doesn't come off as a high school kisser...he looked way too experienced. Sigh...you can come kiss me, Heathbaby, any day of the week. LOL

I loved the running joke at the beginning with the guidance counselor writing slash! Or, if not slash, erotic female literature. I wish they had carried that through more of the movie.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1157 on: October 01, 2006, 08:50:43 am »
Here we are, getting ready for one of those kisses....and a smile, too!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1158 on: October 01, 2006, 08:56:42 am »
Have we seen this picture before? I don't think so. Some young, blond, Heath goodness for a Sunday morning...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1159 on: October 05, 2006, 11:57:27 am »
Thought we could use a bump in honor of the Full Moon:

Ich bin ein Brokie...