Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312468 times)

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2006, 05:31:18 pm »
Lori how many chapters are you writing for Two Crows? I,m sure you,ve already answered that so apologies for asking again.

I'm not sure, but it could end up being as many as 40 chapters.  I'm doing my best to let the story unfold organically and not set limits on what HAS to happen in each chapter.  Most of chapter 25 wasn't really planned, I'd intended to get to Lightning Flat in that chapter but had to put it off because J and E had to have a big relationship moment, apparently.

There's one more major story beat that takes place after Ennis returns to Vermont, and then a buttload of coming-down-from-the-plot stuff afterwards.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

mvansand76

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2006, 06:51:11 pm »
Lori, I just read your latest TCJ chapter and I have to say this is your best chapter so far, Jack and Ennis and the shirts... Oh my God. I really love what you are doing with the story, and you put such skill into the characters of Jack and Ennis and their relationship, which has evolved so much over time.

It's so nice to read how they complement each other and how they can bicker and argue and even fight without putting the love they have for each other in jeopardy. That's how it really is in real life, isn't it? The way you write dialogue and non-verbal communication is excellent, it's like you are in the room with the characters.

Anyway, what I wanted to say, thanks for writing this incredible story, and a special thanks for writing this incredibly moving chapter in which the shirts are now not just a symbol of sadness anymore. Every time I see the shirts now I can think of a happy ending too!

Mel

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2006, 10:21:55 am »
Hey Lori

I know that this going to sound like greed of the highest order, seeing as you are giving us not one, but two truly wonderful fics at the moment, but I was wondering when the next chapter of TJ might be due. The cheek of me huh?? 

I have such a soft spot in my heart for Farmingdale Jack and Ennis.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Karen

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2006, 05:05:41 am »
New chapter:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/67308.html
                                                                                                                                                                               at long last love, all and forever.  there is no holding back any longer.  ennis sees the inside of his heart, and it is jack..                                                                                      great talk with ennis and old twist..thank you again lori.  another wonderful chapter.                                                                                         janice                       

Beautiful mind

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2006, 10:55:45 am »
at long last love, all and forever.  there is no holding back any longer.  ennis sees the inside of his heart, and it is jack..                                                                                     
great talk with ennis and old twist..thank you again lori. 
another wonderful chapter.  janice                       

ennis sees the inside of this heart, and it's jack

wow Janice, that was beautiful! and I completely agree. Really wonderful chapter Lori!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2006, 11:42:38 am »
For people who like to read on fanfiction.net, the latest chapter is here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2841251/27/

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2006, 04:55:31 pm »
This was great Lori.
Spoilers;;;

;;
;;
'

;;;;
;
;
;;;
;;
;;
;

I really enjoyed all the exchanges between John and Ennis --very strong, yet always truthful--Ennis didn't pull any punches but he didn't over push it either.  I like the fact that John is realizing that Ennis is a man he can respect the queer thing not withstanding---who knows, maybe if Ennis keeps talking to him enough, he may actually come to see Jack for at least PART of who he really is.  Hard to say.
IT was great about the shirts going home, and I have to admit, very sad that they are leaving each other again.
BUT I am not kidding--I was laughing out loud the whole time Ennis is thinking of and or trying to express his feelings about Jack being a tree with roots---OMG--it was so Ennis, and I could totally see where he was coming from, and what he wanted to say, and Jack's just not getting the root thing-I laughed and laughed, it was a really great exchange.  Excellent writing/wording for the situation.

There was some really neat phrasing throughout this chapter and I really enjoyed the read.

NOW what is going on at the RANCH????????? hmmmm???

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2006, 01:38:18 am »
Yes, what is going on at the Ranch?!  :o ;D :D

All I can say is "Human Interest/Two Crows Joy" is a FUCKIN' MASTERPIECE.  There, I said it.  Thank you MadLori! Thank you.  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!