Author Topic: General Discussion and Recs  (Read 375710 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: General Discussion and Recs
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2009, 03:02:18 pm »
I edited my post after you replied. Have a look, I finally found all chapter listings and links.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2009, 03:20:41 pm »
That´s great. THANKS! :-* :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2009, 03:38:08 pm »
You're very welcome. :-*

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2009, 12:33:28 pm »
Is anyone reading the story "Writer´s Block" that is being regulary updated on BBslash?
Would be interesting to hear someone´s opinion on it

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Do you remember these stories?
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2009, 01:11:12 pm »

The second story you're looking for should be "'If Anyone Can Show Just Cause, Speak Now...'." by vln_bbmfan. Jack shows up at Ennis's wedding, just in time to keep him from marrying Alma. They run away together and end up in a motel which is owned by Rich. I think they are at the Twist's ranch for a little while before ending up in the motel. Ennis finds work on a ranch and they find friends in an elderly couple, Elmer and ? (I forgot the woman's name. Was it Doris or Iris? - dunno).

There's a sequel "Till Death Do Us Part" and another sequel to that "All Shook Up". All shook up is unfinished and not updated since March 2008.

I read the first part (If Anyone can..) and parts of the second one (when the army actually does get Jack).

Here's the link to vln_bbmfan's journal.

http://vln-bbmfan.livejournal.com/

From there, you gotta look for yourself. I couldn't find links for the first part ("If Anyone..."). Guess you have to browse though her journal way back in time.

Edit:

I finally found it! Listing of all chapters of "If Anyone...". Complete with links:

http://vln-bbmfan.livejournal.com/?skip=60#item13418

And here's the page with links to all chapters of the second part ("Till Death Do Us Part"):

http://vln-bbmfan.livejournal.com/22952.html

To make it complete, here are all chapters of the unfinished "All Shook Up":

http://vln-bbmfan.livejournal.com/34033.html#cutid1

Thanks for pointing these out Chrissi!  They sound good, but somehow I've missed them.  I'll check them out one of these days.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2009, 08:45:16 pm »
Is anyone reading the story "Writer´s Block" that is being regulary updated on BBslash?
Would be interesting to hear someone´s opinion on it

Yes I have been reading it.

I have been enjoying it more and more with every chapter.  I didnt really know at first what she was
going to do with them, but I like the fact she is getting it moving pretty fast.  Jack is for sure the
one driving the car, but Ennis is just as direct too.  The only thing is he isnt even in the territory of knowing yet that Jack is gay..But it is getting really good.

I think her bring in the other characters from the OS.  May really make for an interesting dynamic.

Beautiful mind

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2009, 05:02:47 pm »
I gotta say I feel pretty excited about Cornflakes new fic "Guilty Pleasure" after all those teasers :)

As for reading, I´m currently reading more in the del Mar Painting universe. When I´m done I plan to re-read  "The Gambler" by by rt_in_town

Offline Marc

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2009, 01:13:00 pm »
I've posted my fourth one-shot canon, "A SNIT story."  It's here:  marc-r.livejournal.com

It starts as the scene fades out, and ends when they fall asleep.  It's mostly sex, with a little romance at the end.

It also has its own thread.

All comments welcome.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2009, 01:10:57 pm »
I can really recomend "Bus Stop." It had a slow start, but the latest chapter was really good and I am really looking forward to the next.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2009, 02:47:07 pm »
I can really recomend "Bus Stop." It had a slow start, but the latest chapter was really good and I am really looking forward to the next.

Oh, good to know!  I'll try to catch up with it this weekend.  Thanks.  :)

There are a couple of new stories by new authors that look promising.  The first is called "Half of the Other" by Clearflow.  Author's Summary:  Set in Wyoming. Both work for an Advertising Agency. Both on different floors but have worked closely together for two years, becoming good friends. Ennis is a copywriter and Jack is an art director.

It's done in first-person and is fast-paced and funny.  There are two chapters so far. It starts here: 

http://clearflow.livejournal.com/768.html

Another new one is "A Month of Sundays" by mrs_spamlad.  Author's Summary: Jack Twist is a professional sign language interpreter who is unhappy in his job. Ennis Del Mar is a pastry chef who owns his own business and teaches classes at a culinary center. Can Ennis help Jack find the ingredient that is missing in his life?

The writing is very good and it has some unique elements.  There are three chapters so far.  It starts here:

http://mrs-spamlad.livejournal.com/1102.html#cutid1

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain