Author Topic: Having a bad day?  (Read 77085 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Having a bad day?
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2007, 05:19:24 am »
Still can't get to sleep.  Been a bad day all round here at the Matrix house.   :'(

I had to put one of my dogs down today.  Bailey (short for Baileys Irish Crème Princess, because that’s what color she was)   was my oldest, an 11 year old female and she had a cancer growing in her sinus two years ago but did well with surgery and Chemo.  But lately she’s been not her self, sleeping lots, very clingy and decreased appetite.  The Vet found a new malignant growth in her sinus that had metastasized to her liver. Even an untrained eye like mine could see the growths on the x-rays.   There was nothing to be done and since I did not want her to suffer needlessly we made arrangements for the Vet to come round  our house this evening and Bailey died peacefully in her home, in her bed, in my arms with Bob and the other dogs around her surrounded by love. 

We are going to miss her so much.   She was my Grand Dame and alpha among my other dogs.  She kept the younger ones in line.  A bark from her would settle them right down.  I got her as a puppy right after my Mother died.  She was my first dog as an adult.  Whatever will we do without our beautiful girl?  Bailey, my baby-girl, my friend, my soulmate...you gave me, us so much love, joy and laughter. We are, all of us, inconsolable.   Good Night Sweet Princess it was my very great privilege being your Fur-Mommy.

I am reminded of Lord Byron’s ode to his dog Boatswain …. Anyone who has ever loved  and lost a dog will agree…

Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed Beauty without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity, and all the Virtues of Man, without his Vices.  This Praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery if inscribed over human ashes, is but a just tribute to the Memory of Boatswain, a Dog.  ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, "Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog"
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Sharon

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2007, 05:45:40 am »
Oh, my dear Dottie,
I`m so sorry to hear that!
It must be very hard for you, I know how much you love your dogs.
I`m thinking of you and hope you feeling better soon!

Big hugs for you my friend

{{{Dottie}}}

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2007, 07:17:37 am »
Still can't get to sleep.  Been a bad day all round here at the Matrix house.   :'(

I had to put one of my dogs down today.  Bailey (short for Baileys Irish Crème Princess, because that’s what color she was)   was my oldest, an 11 year old female and she had a cancer growing in her sinus two years ago but did well with surgery and Chemo.  But lately she’s been not her self, sleeping lots, very clingy and decreased appetite.  The Vet found a new malignant growth in her sinus that had metastasized to her liver. Even an untrained eye like mine could see the growths on the x-rays.   There was nothing to be done and since I did not want her to suffer needlessly we made arrangements for the Vet to come round  our house this evening and Bailey died peacefully in her home, in her bed, in my arms with Bob and the other dogs around her surrounded by love. 

We are going to miss her so much.   She was my Grand Dame and alpha among my other dogs.  She kept the younger ones in line.  A bark from her would settle them right down.  I got her as a puppy right after my Mother died.  She was my first dog as an adult.  Whatever will we do without our beautiful girl?  Bailey, my baby-girl, my friend, my soulmate...you gave me, us so much love, joy and laughter. We are, all of us, inconsolable.   Good Night Sweet Princess it was my very great privilege being your Fur-Mommy.

I am reminded of Lord Byron’s ode to his dog Boatswain …. Anyone who has ever loved  and lost a dog will agree…

Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed Beauty without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity, and all the Virtues of Man, without his Vices.  This Praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery if inscribed over human ashes, is but a just tribute to the Memory of Boatswain, a Dog.  ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, "Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog"

Poor dottie - pets are just like children to their owners - I feel your pain:(
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2007, 08:53:21 am »

I was so deeply saddened to hear of your loss, Dottie. I still hold treasured memories of my dearest childhood friend, Toots, my beautiful German Shepherd dog. She was my constant companion, my protector, my guardian and my confidant, during a somewhat turbulent period in my life. She died in 1964, when I was 14, and I remember her with the deepest fondness and love to this day. As with Bailey, it was cancer that took Toots from me. I have no doubt, Dottie, that Bailey will continue to live on in your heart, just as my Toots lives on in mine.

RIP Bailey

:-* [[[Dottie]]]  :-*
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2007, 11:32:45 am »
I am so sorry to hear that Dot!

Sending you many *hugs*

Dagi

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2007, 12:07:08 pm »
Hi Susie, I´m sending you a
  :-* big hug! :-*

Dagi

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2007, 01:50:29 am »
Thanks everyone, you're all the BEST!
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2007, 02:08:13 am »

To have been loved by a good and noble dog.
        Is more enobling than to have the crown and jewels of a king.
        You have held honesty and truth in your arms.  No falsehoods to portray.
        Never forget they have given wihout expectations.  They have loved without
        guile. 
         Forever in your heart to warm you in the nights dark breath.

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2007, 02:16:56 am »
Dottie, I am so sorry to hear about Bailey. I can't even imagine how I would feel if I had to put Cody down.  :'(

{{{DOTTIE}}}  :'(  :'(  :'(

I'm sending you lots and lots of cyber hugs, sweetie!!  :-*
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Re: Cheerie-uppie (?) thread for David (temporary thread hopefully)
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2007, 02:21:10 am »
Thank you Susie!!  :-*

A nice warm hug from a good friend always cheers me up!!  :D

Thanks sweetie!!

{{{SUSIE}}}
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.