Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything Cassie" thread  (Read 21701 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
The "I LOVE everything Cassie" thread
« on: May 05, 2006, 11:35:40 pm »
Small part or not - this character added quite a lot to the sentiment that has transpired though our assorted experiences prompted by viewing this movie.
I happen to realy like Cassie - Do You?
The "I LOVE everything Cassie" threadhas finally seen the light of day

I LOVE Cassie's bubbly personality. I find her Soo much more appealing than LaShawn - too bad she expected too much from Ennis

Your turn
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:42:53 am by Phillip »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

TJ

Re: The "I LOVE everything Cassie" thread
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:38:19 am »
Thanks for joggin' my memory here, Roland.

While it was not in a bar, I do remember some college gals wanting me to dance with them. In my undergraduate days in the 1960s, I only left the campus about once a month for financial reasons and the fact that I usually had an on-campus job on the weekends. Sometimes there were student mixers, code name for dances with live bands, on Saturday nights. I really did not know how to dance, but I could do the "Twist." And I had gals not only reach for my hand, but lead me to the dance floor in the student center.

I was active in the drama group, mostly in off-stage stuff, too. Once we had a cast and crew party and a coed about my height insisted that I dance with her. I think she had the hots for me. I wasn't turned on by her; but, it was fun doing slow close dancing doing a simulated "box-step."

The Movie's Cassie like to have a good time with people she liked.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:47:50 am »
A lot of people don't like Cassie because of how she was so assertive in coming on to Ennis and how she stuck her (probably) smelly feet in his lap for him to rub, but to me Cassie is a really lovable character. I suppose the day to day things I love about her are when I think of situations I can apply the "drunks like you, demandin beer after beer, smokin', it gets tiresome" speech to. This is such a fitting thing to say about so many chores and burdens in life!

But what I love most about Cassie is her good natured spriit, her good heart. The way she smiles at Alma Jr after telling her, "you don't say much, but you get your point across," shows how much affection Cassie has for people in general, and how she really didn't hold onto any offense she may have taken at Alma Jr.'s comment. I love that about her. I wish I could be more like that. I also love how fun-loving and expressive she is. Even with the non-talkative-and-doesn't-want-to-dance Ennis, she makes the best of it and doesn't stop trying.

I love her hair too! Though I admit it's quite sad, and an especially poignant detail, the way her hair looks less and less full and less curled each time we see her. It shows how her spirit was progressively worn down over time as Ennis couldn't give her what she wanted. Such an amazing detail.

Thanks for starting this thread!
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:00:48 pm »
Women in the movie seem to express themselves through their hair. Even Alma's hair changes -- it's much more neatly coiffed -- after she marries Monroe.

But I'm confused. Didn't I write a tribute to Cassie somewhere just the other day? Perhaps on a poll about favorite or least favorite characters. Anyway, I like Cassie a lot. She's spirited, cute, cheery, confident, and goes right after what she wants. I don't fault her for anything (though personally I would have been a bit self-conscious about the feet).

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 05:57:41 pm »
I love how she gleams when we first meet her.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 03:26:07 pm »
I LOVE Cassie's good taste in men. Too bad he was not her type
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 08:00:09 pm »
I love Cassie because she seems genuinely sweet and warm.  I feel truly sorry for her.  She certainly deserved better than the treatment she got from Ennis (as much as we love him... Cassie just never should have been dragged into the middle of that situation).
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 08:17:43 pm »
I like Cassie so much that when I burst into tears during the pie scene it is almost as much for her as for Ennis.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 05:55:35 pm »
I like the look on Cassie's face before she says "You don't say much, but you get your point across."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 12:21:22 am »
Having some experience myself with waiting on drunks demanding beer after beer, I love the way Cassie frankly but nonchalantly says, "Gets tiresome."