Author Topic: All I Want- by wannabebrit  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
All I Want- by wannabebrit
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:09:37 pm »
Is anyone else out there reading this little story?  This is the same author as Fortunate Son and The Ties that BindAll I Want is an AU about Jack and Ennis trying to live together right after coming down from Brokeback in '63.  The writing is really, really strong and the characters ring very true.  There are only 8 chapters so far with the most recent posted on July 1.  Here's a link to a page that lists links to all 8 chapters.
 8)

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/tag/all+i+want
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: All I Want- by wannabebrit
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58:05 pm »
Yep, I am, Amanda.   :)  Yes, the writing is strong as with all her work - and I like that it is a "happy piece" (to use the author's words).  Low-level angst, but it is still very realisitic and J&E's off-ranch jobs are so perfect for them, arent' they?  Easy to imagine them in those roles. I especially enjoy J&E's interactions with the Twists - who are as well rounded as all the other characters.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:32 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, I'm reading it too, and have enjoyed this version of the guys deciding to make a go of it right away.  The writing catches the substance of the guys, as well as the Twists and the other OCs.  Like how both of them are growing into themselves with their new jobs, finally having someone tell them that they do a good job and can be trusted. So different from what each grew up with.  It gives them confidence to continue on with each other. 

Thanks for starting this thread, so others can discover it. 

mvansand76

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:53:17 am »
I haven't read it yet. I love Fortunate son by the way, I hope she updates that one soon.