Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941492 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2014, 06:19:35 pm »
LOL, it must be the full moon!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2014, 08:42:23 pm »
I'm starting to think it is!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2014, 09:23:54 am »
Saturday night I had a dream.

I had dreamed it was current day, but my grandmother had just died.  (which means she would've been about 130 years old  :laugh: )

Gram lived in a small apartment, but in my dream she had lived in a house that was like the one my parents have, basement, first floor, second floor, attic.

Gram used to have tons of "knick knacks" and I can always remember her telling us whne we were little to not touch her stuff.  Obviously, she was afraid we'd break it.

So in this dream I'm in this house, and I said to myself:  "I know what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna open all her closets, and touch all her stuff!"  And that's what I did.  Starting on the first floor, any closet door I opened, I would touch stuff, and move on to the next closet, leaving the door open.  Went up to the second floor, and did the same, and then moved on to the attic.

I touched her stuff in the attic closet, and then started looking at other stuff in the attic.  For some reason, I turned toward the closet, and the door suddenly slammed shut on its own.  I got up, and  moved down the stairs to the second floor, and when I reached it, all the closet doors on that floor began to slam shut.  At this point I started to scream (:laugh: ) and ran down to the first floor.  All the closet doors her slammed themselves shut again, and I opened the front door and ran to the yard, screaming.

That's when I woke up.  I know it was only a dream, but I was so unnerved by it, I got out of bed (3:15am) and got a book to read it for 20 minutes before going back to sleep, so I could ge the dream out of my brain.

DON'T TOUCH GRANDMA'S STUFF!

::) ::) :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2014, 11:09:14 am »
 :laugh: ::) :P

That dream was completely Stephen King-worthy, friend!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2014, 10:29:23 pm »
But really, do you remember what any of the items were? There could be some interesting clues here. For example, in the dream I had a few days ago where I was buying gear from REI, a friend asked me, "What kind of gear?" After struggling to remember, I said a compass and a lock. I realized those things have symbolic value.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2014, 09:11:18 am »
No, I don't remember what a lot of the itmes were.

Perhaps some porcelin bowls and small things like that.   I do remember from real life that she loved elephants for some reason, she never did explain why.

I posted the dream to the family page we have on Facebook, and a number of the cousins thought it was funny.  One cousin also  commented on my ability to remember my dreams, she can't do that.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:03 pm »
I think you are ready for lucid dreaming! One thing I try to do at the start of a dream is to go around and observe everything I'm presented with and make a mental note about it. This can be very helpful in figuring out the meaning/message of a dream later. But then there are times when the things I see in a dream are so bizarre and random that I can tell my brain is just whizzing through the daily connections and they are meaningless. In fact, sometimes you just have to laugh at the crazy visions and oddball connections that your mind conjures up!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2014, 08:46:06 pm »
Try it tonight!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2014, 08:48:14 am »
It's funny you should mention laughing.

The other night I had a dream (can't remember it) but something in the dream was funny, because I started laughing, and when I woke up, I was still laughing.

;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #299 on: November 15, 2014, 05:10:45 pm »
... I do remember from real life that she loved elephants for some reason, she never did explain why.

She loved elephants, you say? I wonder about the significance of that!? Anyone want to comment on a love of elephants?? (Looks around)