Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941655 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #740 on: February 07, 2020, 12:52:32 pm »
This also hints at the possibility of life change, or so it seems to me. What do you think?

Well, I can think of one particularly huge life change that will probably come sooner rather than later (depending on how you define "sooner" or "later"), and you know what it is. I'm not regarding this as a portent, or anything, because I know the change will come.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #741 on: February 09, 2020, 05:25:11 pm »
For more than 30 years, I've kept my credit cards, ATM card, driver's license, and so forth in a separate wallet from my cash. My hope/plan has always been that if I were ever robbed, I could hand over the cash from my other wallet but manage to keep safe all those cards that it's so difficult to replace. Last night I dreamed I lost that wallet. Then I found the wallet, but the cards were all missing from the plastic insert with the sleeves that hold the cards.

Oh, I would wake from that dream feeling so frustrated.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #742 on: February 13, 2020, 11:49:30 am »
Last night I dreamed I lost that wallet. Then I found the wallet, but the cards were all missing from the plastic insert with the sleeves that hold the cards.[/font][/size]
Today I woke up with a different interpretation of your dream. Imagine that your two wallets represent two different identities for you. The cash wallet represents the conventional identity that you present to the world. It is public and expendable. The other wallet represents your true, valued, and hidden identity. You fear that your authentic identity will be stolen or lost.

For more than 30 years, I've kept my credit cards, ATM card, driver's license, and so forth in a separate wallet from my cash. My hope/plan has always been that if I were ever robbed, I could hand over the cash from my other wallet but manage to keep safe all those cards that it's so difficult to replace.
Have you ever been robbed in those 30 years and, if so, did your plan work? Also, I was wondering if you ever had to juggle the two wallets when completing a transaction?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #743 on: February 13, 2020, 01:12:56 pm »
Have you ever been robbed in those 30 years and, if so, did your plan work? Also, I was wondering if you ever had to juggle the two wallets when completing a transaction?

I have not, but living as I do in the very center of a major metropolitan area, it still remains a possibility.

Maybe it depends on how you're defining transaction. In making a purchase, no, I haven't had to juggle wallets because if I'm paying cash, I don't need to access the credit card wallet, and if I'm paying with a credit card, then I don't need the cash wallet.

On the other hand, if I'm withdrawing cash from an ATM, then I do need to access both wallets, the card wallet for the ATM card and the cash wallet to put the cash in. Incidentally, I don't use an "outdoor" ATM, only an "indoor" machine inside my own bank.

Edit to Add: On local TV news this evening, I learned that last evening, someone was attacked four blocks from my home, and a second person was attacked a mere three blocks from my home.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:39:54 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #744 on: February 14, 2020, 09:26:30 am »
I have not, but living as I do in the very center of a major metropolitan area, it still remains a possibility.

...Edit to Add: On local TV news this evening, I learned that last evening, someone was attacked four blocks from my home, and a second person was attacked a mere three blocks from my home.

What were the nature of the attacks?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2020, 09:44:37 am »
What were the nature of the attacks?

In one of them, a woman carrying a box of flowers was hit with a brick by a couple of teenage boys. They were trying to steal her purse, but I don't remember if they succeeded. I don't remember the nature of the other attack other than that it was an attempted robbery.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #746 on: February 15, 2020, 10:11:03 am »

They vary, though. I lived in New Orleans, as I've often said, when it was the murder capital of the country -- 450 murders one year in a city of 500,000. And they happened anywhere in the city, including wealthy residential neighborhoods. We lived in a fourplex on a major streetcar line / thoroughfare, and a guy got shot on the front steps of the sandwich shop across the street. When we first arrived, I briefly (one week) took a job waiting tables at a restaurant down the street, and a couple of times I got off at like midnight, give or take. I would sprint the whole four blocks home.

Then we moved to NYC for a year. In a city 15 times the size of NOLA, of course, there were many more murders, so at first it seemed dangerous. And, to be fair, we did live near a park on the Upper West Side that people were warned to avoid, it was just four years after the Central Park jogger attack, and walking through any cute little neighborhood playground you would hear crack vials crunching underfoot.

But eventually I realized I was much safer in Manhattan than I would be in NOLA. Most violence in New York seems concentrated in certain parts of the city, and the area around Columbia University isn't really one of them.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:29:01 pm by serious crayons »

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #747 on: February 15, 2020, 05:53:03 pm »
Edit to Add: On local TV news this evening, I learned that last evening, someone was attacked four blocks from my home, and a second person was attacked a mere three blocks from my home.

Ugh.  I hope that whoever was responsible for the attacks was caught.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #748 on: April 13, 2020, 10:43:16 am »
I had quite an interesting dream last night. I was in the house where I was raised, in my childhood bedroom, though I was not a child. I could see a small trunk--a footlocker type thing--against the wall across from the foot of the bed. On top of the trunk there was a wicker basket holding magazines--train-related magazines, I think. I looked away from the basket, and when I looked back at it, the magazines had disappeared. Then the footlocker started to follow me ( :laugh: ), moving of its own accord. I called twice for my mother--and I think I woke myself up by actually verbalizing, though the sound was more of a whine with my lips tightly compressed, rather than actual words. I also remember that I was saying "Mom," which is kind of strange because I never called her that--or not often, anyway. Typically I addressed her as "Mother."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #749 on: April 13, 2020, 12:22:09 pm »
Yes, very interesting dream. How do you interpret it?
"chewing gum and duct tape"