Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941660 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #800 on: January 31, 2021, 11:41:14 am »
Yes, first she built a nice fire (it's a woodburning fireplace) and let it burn down to coals, then she put all the coals on one side and on the other side she layered some wood chips that she had soaked in water and put the pan of salmon on top of that. She had brushed a solution of brown sugar, herbs, and seasonings on the salmon prior. She let it smoke for about an hour.

I've heard that you can smoke fish in cast iron, serious. I'll bet it would work just as well.

Thanks, I'll look it up! I have a wood-burning fireplace but I'm always too lazy to use it. And I'm certainly not as skilled with it as your daughter.  :o

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #801 on: February 01, 2021, 09:51:31 am »
Years ago at one of the SCA events I attended in the summer, we had an enormous, raging campfire every evening. By the wee hours of the morning, just when everyone was ready to turn in, the fire would be burned down to a wonderful bed of coals that would have been perfect for cooking. It was really a shame that nobody was going to cook anything at 2 o'clock in the morning.

That's why all those ancient cast-iron kettles had feet on them. You didn't hang them over a fire. You sat them on a bed of coals.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2021, 10:46:37 pm »
I've had some pleasant dreams the past couple of nights. I dreamed there was a tiny bird that was struggling for its life, and I held it in my cupped hands and occasionally brought it close to a dish of water, from which it drank. We bonded and the bird healed, eventually.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #803 on: February 02, 2021, 10:33:48 am »
I've had some pleasant dreams the past couple of nights. I dreamed there was a tiny bird that was struggling for its life, and I held it in my cupped hands and occasionally brought it close to a dish of water, from which it drank. We bonded and the bird healed, eventually.

That's another one that sounds pretty analyzable. What aspect of your life or self would be healed if you were kind and gentle with it?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #804 on: February 02, 2021, 02:39:04 pm »
Pretty much all aspects. It's high time I paid attention to my dreams again. Thank you, friend.  :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #805 on: February 22, 2021, 02:33:18 pm »
Communication breakthrough!
https://newatlas.com/science/lucid-dream-communication/?fbclid=IwAR01zcqBJxaP5C2GU8PZlwMeknF1nzty1M28bIgB206gdNafpLayG8rAK9k
Researchers have managed to make contact with 3 different kinds of lucid dreamers!

I don't know as I'd want to be asked to do math problems in my sleep, but it's a start!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #806 on: August 04, 2021, 09:22:03 pm »
My dreams lately have been too fraught with angst to talk about, but here's one I had recently.

A crowd of people were in my home and I was trying to get them fed. I put down a platter of appetizer finger foods and they started helping themselves. They were animated and talking eagerly with each other but they didn't look  up at me or acknowledge me in any way.

In another part of the dream I was walking around without a shirt on. I laughed about it and said I was doing that so I could show off my colorful bra (it was royal blue).

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #807 on: August 05, 2021, 11:17:32 am »
The first seems like it might be somehow connected to your experiences with the permaculture folks, right?

As for the second one ... I can't begin to guess!  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #808 on: August 05, 2021, 06:41:03 pm »
Being without an article of clothing in a dream is actually kind of common. It may indicate feeling vulnerable or having your inner feelings or secrets exposed.

You're right about the first part having to do with my treatment at the hands of the permaculture gang. The latest things they've done are mindboggling to me. Their class was finally about to start, the one they were supposed to begin teaching in April. I had paved the way, obtaining special insurance and standing by to write them their first checks. But instead of submitting their invoices as they always have before, they removed me from the board and bank account and wrote their own counter checks for more than half of the Guild's total assets. That puzzled me, because I never have failed to give them a check for what they asked for in the past. In fact, I hand carried most of the checks to them since the post office has become so unreliable.

What they did next was outrageous. They stopped payment on another instructor's check for work he had already completed and they cancelled the  class midway through it, cheating two Hispanic instructors out of their pay and the students out of 32 hours of instruction. And they told the students they must transfer to their class, which costs way more and that they would not receive a refund. One of the students is having a letter drawn up by an attorney but I doubt if anything can be done.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #809 on: August 06, 2021, 02:01:37 pm »
Being without an article of clothing in a dream is actually kind of common. It may indicate feeling vulnerable or having your inner feelings or secrets exposed.

True, but usually, as you say, that signifies vulnerability and/or embarrassment. That didn't sound like the vibe of your dream, if you were walking around laughing and showing off your bright blue bra!

You're right about the first part having to do with my treatment at the hands of the permaculture gang. The latest things they've done are mindboggling to me. Their class was finally about to start, the one they were supposed to begin teaching in April. I had paved the way, obtaining special insurance and standing by to write them their first checks. But instead of submitting their invoices as they always have before, they removed me from the board and bank account and wrote their own counter checks for more than half of the Guild's total assets. That puzzled me, because I never have failed to give them a check for what they asked for in the past. In fact, I hand carried most of the checks to them since the post office has become so unreliable.

What they did next was outrageous. They stopped payment on another instructor's check for work he had already completed and they cancelled the  class midway through it, cheating two Hispanic instructors out of their pay and the students out of 32 hours of instruction. And they told the students they must transfer to their class, which costs way more and that they would not receive a refund. One of the students is having a letter drawn up by an attorney but I doubt if anything can be done.

Wow, that sounds awful! I don't completely understand who holds what power there, or why they can boss you around like that. But if they've cheated instructors out of their pay and students out of their tuition, I would certainly hope there'd be some legal recourse. Are they associated with some larger organization that would frown upon such actions?