Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941502 times)

injest

Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 07:03:45 pm »
OMG.....haven't had one in days....some of mine usually come true...good,bad...all depends

But I'll make sure that the next one I'll come in here and tell... ;)

my father had dreams like that....they are a bit spooky aren't they?

Offline McNell

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 07:10:41 pm »
my father had dreams like that....they are a bit spooky aren't they?

I seem to have more good dreams though..so i concentrate on that..  the scarier one's just may mean that someone is going to talk bad about me or it may mean a bad day at work,avoid certain people  ...blah,blah,blah...nothing about death or anything...God, I hope to never find out

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 10:11:44 pm »
I seem to have more good dreams though..so i concentrate on that..  the scarier one's just may mean that someone is going to talk bad about me or it may mean a bad day at work,avoid certain people  ...blah,blah,blah...nothing about death or anything...God, I hope to never find out

I wouldn't worry about that, though.  I think several of us on this thread have 'died' or had someone die in their dreams, but nothing much ever happens.  I've died several times in my dreams over the years.

Still here.  ;D  And so are other people I've dreamed that died.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 11:17:17 pm »
OMG.....haven't had one in days....some of mine usually come true...good,bad...all depends

But I'll make sure that the next one I'll come in here and tell... ;)

Many years ago, I worked with a woman whose dreams would come true. But only a particular sort of dream - aircraft crash dreams. Every now and then she would arrive at work absolutely ashen-faced and solemnly pronounce that an horrendous aircraft crash was about to occur - because she dreamt about it the night before.

A cynic would say that aircraft crashes aren't unusual. Small and large planes fall from the sky with regular monotony. However, Shirley could describe details of "her" crash beforehand. Such things as location and other particulars.

Spooky.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 10:56:55 am »

Yeah death normally signifies the death of one era of your life and the birth of another...

seems like you know a bit about dream interpritation - look forward to hearing yours and you explaining ours!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline McNell

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 04:43:58 pm »
Yeah death normally signifies the death of one era of your life and the birth of another...

seems like you know a bit about dream interpritation - look forward to hearing yours and you explaining ours!!!

Well,I've always had "feelings"....some come true,some I can't explain of just don't have a clue. I went to a fortune teller a few years back...she stared into my eyes and said I have that gift,just need to learn how to use it...very spooky. So I've been paying more attention to stuff now. It's always amazed me.

But you're right...death means just that..doesn't necessarily mean "dying"..death actually means a hardship....troubles,something of that sort

What kills me is waking up knowing you've dreamt of something and can't remember too much of it..I wonder why that is?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 05:38:20 pm »
What kills me is waking up knowing you've dreamt of something and can't remember too much of it..I wonder why that is?

Oh I hate that!!!!!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 05:55:29 pm »
This happens a lot...the Tibetan Buddhists say that when you're dreaming/sleeping, you're in the "between place" between lives that is. You can actually get a hint of what the death state is like when dreaming. But when you wake, life rushes back in and your living consciousness takes over, a state that is in some ways the opposite of your dreaming state. I would advise you to get in the habit of thinking about your dreams as soon as you wake, and you can keep a notebook by your bed to jot down the basic ideas, keywords, etc.

This is no idle pursuit. By remembering your dreams, you can learn a lot about yourself and improve your waking life. Your subconscious knows more about you than your conscious mind does, and can express your hopes and fears in a very inspiring way.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 06:10:14 pm »
I once dreamed that Heath Ledger cured me of cancer (my dream self that is)... pretty much just the site of him.  I had cancer, I caught site of him, and then I didn't have cancer.  (It was a long time ago, so I don't remember the specifics...)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 08:24:02 pm »
Many years ago, I worked with a woman whose dreams would come true. But only a particular sort of dream - aircraft crash dreams. Every now and then she would arrive at work absolutely ashen-faced and solemnly pronounce that an horrendous aircraft crash was about to occur - because she dreamt about it the night before.

A cynic would say that aircraft crashes aren't unusual. Small and large planes fall from the sky with regular monotony. However, Shirley could describe details of "her" crash beforehand. Such things as location and other particulars.

Spooky.

Not to get all Scully Skeptical on your old friend Shirley, but if she knew particulars, what did she do to try to stop them?  After all they're airplanes.  They're on a schedule.  If she knows which one is going to crash and when, she could easily stop the flight.